XBMC

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
PhreakyMex

XBMC

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 pm

i know its old hat to most on this board but i thought i would start a thread. this is the greatest thing of the evers.. I dont know how or why i didnt now about it... 1channel is the shit... projectfreetv is OK.. but still has some laggy feeds... the movie channels are the shit... all of the first run movies. (including ROBERT COP)

this.. is... awesome..

die

Re: XBMC

Post by die » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm

isn't it awesome?

NaviX is a good program to get with XBMC, it goes in the PROGRAMS section of XBMC and you can search out tons of stuff.

Also, Mash-Up is good. I have a 3D tv, so it's boss as fuck to be able to stream 3D.

There's tons of features and tons of content, pretty much everything you could ever want. I don't even buy Blu Rays anymore not do I pay for Showtime. HBO, etc.

There's also ways to stream the PPV's on there, I just haven't fooled with it. They are usually available right after the PPV airs on 1channel.

I need to see if I can get my buddy Rush to post on here again, he's the one who got me on XBMC back in the day. He's fooled with alot of the features and knows the program better than I do.
There is another Skywalker....

Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 am

I'm partial to the ROM Launcher plugin that lets you call up all your gaming ROMS and lets you launch the emulators from within XBMC. Feel a hankering for some arcade Mortal Kombat? Select it from the list and it fires up MAME and loads it up...just pick up the controller and play it. Just close it out and go back to XBMC-served videos and music. It's a bit of work setting everything up, but it's a ball.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:13 pm

I has another question... why does the audio not work on HDMI????

$nave

Post by $nave » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:40 am

PhreakyMex wrote:I has another question... why does the audio not work on HDMI????
Well, it depends on what device you are using and if it supports audio through HDMI

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:06 pm

setup my girlfriends laptop and we use her HDMI out to connect it to a Vizio TV

On my setup, which is a clone box i built myself, it works fine, we're both running Windows 7.

I've gone on their forum and they say that its an HDMI driver thing... which i've blown away and re-installed driver twice and nothing... yet mine continues to hum away with same driver

thoughts???

$nave

Post by $nave » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:31 am

it really depends on the hardware. HDMI ports on computers sometimes does not have audio. Research the chipset and see if you are truly screwed.

die

Post by die » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

I installed it on my Ouya and it works well. It's hard to figure out some of the controls lol, but it works well.
There is another Skywalker....

Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 am

die wrote:
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm
NaviX is a good program to get with XBMC, it goes in the PROGRAMS section of XBMC and you can search out tons of stuff.
Apparently these guys threw in the towel after Britain decided copyrights were inviolable and started jailing people over ready-made Kodi boxes.

$nave

Post by $nave » Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 am

I guess selling those ready to go boxes as free cable tv didn't go over too well.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

long