GAME OF MOTHERFUCKING THRONES

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

Re: GAME OF MOTHERFUCKING THRONES

Post by die » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 pm

The pace has definitely picked up this season. For anybody who thought the show used to drag out the storylines, they are speeding shit along this season.
There is another Skywalker....

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 am

die wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:46 pm
The pace has definitely picked up this season. For anybody who thought the show used to drag out the storylines, they are speeding shit along this season.
Yeah, and it feels a bit too fast because it's such a dramatic change. Jon Snow said he had to go down from Winterfell to Dragonstone and he was there in four seconds. Euron intercepted the Unsullied fleet at Casterly Rock, sailing from King's Landing in a matter of minutes. Jamie drives the army from King's Landing to Highgarden in twelve seconds. Elsewhere, although the White Walkers moved south of Hardhomme last year, they still apparently are crawling at 0.1 mph south, marching for twenty minutes per day.

I get it - this is a show with fucking dragons and demons and people coming back from the dead - realism isn't to be expected. It just annoys the shit out of me that the show's temporal continuity, which was already tenuous, has just been thrown out the fucking window.

Next episode, Jon helps fight Jamie's army with Khaleesi in the plains north of Highgarden, and then comes back just in time to find Littlefinger porking Sansa in the next scene.

I wish they didn't cut back on the episode count and just allowed for the machinations of the show to play out at a more reasonable rate.

Silver lining - Olenna going scorched earth on Jamie after she sips her death tonic was fucking gold. Great way for that awesome old bitch to check out.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"

die

Post by die » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Agreed 100% on all of those points.

I expected there to be a rush on the storylines as they are so hellbent on wrapping the show up quickly. They must have plans that include making shit tons more money on syndication or spinoffs with new cast and cheaper salaries, because seriously this show could go on quite a bit longer easily.

I do miss the slower pace, but at the same time I would like to see there be closure on everybody's storylines and hopefully not some stupid pseudo-shocker type ending like tv shows like to do so often.

die

Post by die » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:40 am

So... episode 4 got leaked as most of you know. I watched it earlier today and no spoilers, but this episode is epic as fuck.

$nave

Post by $nave » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:30 am

Holy shit, that episode did not disappoint.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 am

$nave wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:30 am
Holy shit, that episode did not disappoint.
If you can get over them completely embracing simultaneous intercontinental travel, this season has been fucking incredible.

die

Post by die » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Yeah, holy shit at the ground covered in 1 episode. I know we are supposed to consider that "time has passed", but the show had set such a slow pace beforehand.

The king's bastard son ran back to Castle Black after the zombie attack in record time.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:39 pm

Last night I think we were to believe that the Raven from Castle Black took a teleport to Dragonstone to let Dany get her dragons back up north of the wall to find them in record time. I know it could have been a few days, but time dilation is completely out of control.

They'd better clear up the Sansa/Arya fight, because that makes absolutely no sense. If they weren't learning how to read people and negotiate better in the first 6 seasons, what the fuck were they doing?