ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
RobotJerk

Playstation Network Hacked

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:18 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/ ... ck-attack/

Doesn't Japan have enough problems?
Sony Playstation Users' Personal Information Compromised After Hack Attack
Published April 26, 2011
TOKYO -- Sony Corp. said Tuesday that some users' personal information had been compromised in a hacker attack as the outage of its global PlayStation Network entered a seventh day.
The company confirmed that an "external intrusion" by hackers disrupted the service, affecting more than 75 million users worldwide who use it to play video games against friends, stream movies and shop online.
"We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network," the company said in a post on the official PlayStation blog.
Hackers may have obtained users' names, home addresses, email addresses, birthdates, PlayStation Network usernames and passwords, and answers to password security questions, according to the blog post.
There was no evidence that credit card information had been compromised, but Sony said it "cannot rule out the possibility" that hackers could access such information.
"For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information," the blog post continued. "Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking."
Patrick Seybold, Sony senior director of corporate communications and social media, said Saturday that Sony was completely rebuilding its systems to strengthen its network infrastructure in the wake of the service disruption, which began April 20.
Players can still play games offline, but are unable to challenge others over the internet, one of the console's key features.
Hacker group Anonymous was originally suspected of causing the disruption as it had previously vowed retribution against the Japanese electronics giant after it took legal action against two hackers.
However, in a message on its website Friday, titled "For Once We Didn't Do It," the group denied responsibility, saying that while it was possible that individual hackers had targeted the network, Sony was not an official target.
The system problem is also blocking my access to HuluPlus, the fuckers.
**shakes fist**
die

Re: Playstation Network Hacked

Post by die » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 am

I know man, this is some massive faggotry. Sony were some fags for not coming clean from the jump, they knew what was up.

Microsoft better know they can still go fuck themselves though. They better not try to get cocky.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 am

Sony servers are now considered hacker training grounds.

They've been hit in multiple countries, EIGHT times in the last month, at various sites.

And MS has every right to be cocky...how many of your fuck-o's were laughing about the red ring of doom? Instead you got ever-changing EULA's, the loss of features (such as OtherOS), and you're getting constantly hacked, and will likely get hacked again.

Do yourself a favour, and buy a real console, and get Kinect

ESPECIALLY considering THIS IS COMING OUT SOON

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Sat May 28, 2011 6:02 am

Sure, Sony pisses me off but Microsoft can right ahead and suck a grown man's dick. Red Ring of Death, faggot-ass customer service, lame-ass wii-character shit, HD DVD attachments, pay for online gaming bullshit when it's free on PS3.

and I've got a Kinect, that shit is already dusty as fuck. WTF is anybody playing on Kinect and have a helluva great time?
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat May 28, 2011 2:44 pm

die wrote:Sure, Sony pisses me off but Microsoft can right ahead and suck a grown man's dick. Red Ring of Death, faggot-ass customer service, lame-ass wii-character shit, HD DVD attachments, pay for online gaming bullshit when it's free on PS3.
Wow, you pull that argument from 3 years ago? Red Ring sucked, but at least they dealt with it properly. I have the new Elite 360, and no red light problems, and it's quiet as a mouse. I bought a blu ray player for 49 bucks on sale at a walmart, so I could care less. I stream everything anyways, and netflix is on both. I could care less about the avatar, although it is fun in Mortal Kombat. I pay for online gaming sure, but Sony has that fucking Playstation Plus, which you needed to get the demo for Mortal Kombat, and many other things, and that costs money. And yet again, how good is free online when it's FUCKING BROKEN AND DOWN???? And everybody has shit customer service.

I'll take the larger fanbase (more online opponents) on 360, and better exclusives. Kinect is curing medical disorders, and Move looks like a multi colour changing dildo. Fantastic.

Oh, I also OWN my 360, I don't RENT it. Which Sony now says you do with the PS3, according to the new EULA you've already agreed to
and I've got a Kinect, that shit is already dusty as fuck. WTF is anybody playing on Kinect and have a helluva great time?
oh, the launch sucked for sure....e3 is when everything gets announced anyways. Dance Central, Sports, and a fitness game were all u needed anyways. Soon we get other crazy games like the Star Wars game, some wrestling games, children of eden, and other goodies. They just had to launch early because they thought Move was an actual threat

die

Post by die » Mon May 30, 2011 3:51 am

Your argument makes no sense at all. You eventually were able to pay $49 for a shitty Blu-ray player at Wal Mart, finally got a working 360 and Kinect games suck, but there's a possibilty that the new Kinect games will be good? So that is your argument? :lol:

The MK demo was Plus exclusive for a very short while before it was downloadable for free. It's just like the COD content for Xbox, it always comes out on Xbox first because Xbox users PAY to play online. I don't mind the short wait, rather than paying for Xbox Gold :lol: Also, I've been playing games online on PS3, it's been back up for a while now, wtf are you taling about? :lol:

When TGR went boom, Stixx must have given you his brain as a parting gift? :lol:
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Mon May 30, 2011 7:34 am

I got a PS3 on the 15th of April along with an HDTV to celebrate my first real paycheck in five years. I wanted it for Blu-ray and Netflix playback and to play a handful of games made since 2006 (Burnout Paradise, Batman, and War for Cybertron, primarily).

Aside from my inability to download Pac-man DX, the downtime hasn't bothered me. I don't game online because my DSL connection is slow as all get-out and I don't play 2-player with people I don't know. So, other than having to download big-assed updates for games from time to time, I could care less.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:23 pm

die wrote:Your argument makes no sense at all. You eventually were able to pay $49 for a shitty Blu-ray player at Wal Mart, finally got a working 360 and Kinect games suck, but there's a possibilty that the new Kinect games will be good? So that is your argument? :lol:
thanks for missing the other parts there :P

I also didn't need to mention having to play online with dialup fags. Im just saying that Xbox + blu ray is cheaper than a ps3 (and better), so that kinda fucks up the whole "i got it to watches teh movies" argument
The MK demo was Plus exclusive for a very short while before it was downloadable for free. It's just like the COD content for Xbox, it always comes out on Xbox first because Xbox users PAY to play online. I don't mind the short wait, rather than paying for Xbox Gold :lol: Also, I've been playing games online on PS3, it's been back up for a while now, wtf are you taling about? :lol:
Oh I know its back up (for now). Sony has still been hacked SIX times since then, and counting.....
When TGR went boom, Stixx must have given you his brain as a parting gift? :lol:
lol

I keep seeing him pop on 360 every so often....i should talk to him, if I gave a shit

Bloodrose

Post by Bloodrose » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:30 am

since I still have a PS2, this doesn't concern me in the least.
die

Post by die » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 am

We need stixx.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I will have to send him a message next time I am on. I think I only still talk with 2 or 3 people from tGR. None of the big guns though, lol

I miss the old days, pissing off DB

die

Post by die » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 am

I miss RH's breakdowns of Nintendo's strategies and how they were destined to work.
Kos4Evr

Post by Kos4Evr » Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Wow I feel like I missed a lot. I see Stixx on Xbox live every once in a while and sometimes I talk to Sleepy. I haven't had any problem with my 360 and I have never really cared about Sony's exclusives and I like getting cross platform content and dlc first. That said I don't own any blue ray movies nor do I care about the format for movies. I will admit that that add on HD DVD drive was a bad joke but if it wasn't included from the start then there isn't much point in releasing it later.