Current DVD software

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
Robert Paulson

Current DVD software

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:00 am

So I just bought an HD digital media player. So far it's great but I've been running into some trouble converting copy protected DVD media.

I have about 10 discs, all newer, that good ole DvD decrypter and DVD shrink won't even read. Sadly enough, I've had an easier time with the blu-rays. Anyone got suggestions on what you use?

I guess I could always go the torrent route, but I figured it'd be faster to do it on my computer.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 am

DVDs are definitely a pain in the butt these days. I don't do BluRay (yet), but I might can point you in the direction of some stuff.

I generally use a cracked AnyDVD to break encryption (DVD43 is freeware, but not as compatible, and DVDFab Passkey betas work well and are free but only work a limited time). I like a cracked CloneDVD for most actual ripping and shrinking, as it's easier to just cut stuff out without having to remaster the whole thing, like in DVD Shrink. Plus, the results tend to look better.

For particularly stubborn encryption, I use RipIt4Me and FixVTS, which work alongside DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.