dvd ripping for modded xbox

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
MainCoon

dvd ripping for modded xbox

Post by MainCoon » Tue May 16, 2006 10:21 pm

Hey guys.

I have myself a modded Xbox. No chip so I guess its a "softmod". I use Avalaunch as my main OS and I use Xbox Media Center for Pr0n/movies and music.

I have had fun moving shit over to it with FlashFXP. No problems transfering stuff to the 300Gb harddrive that I had put in.

Just looking for advice on ripping dvds so I can transfer them to my Xbox. I have no experience ripping dvds. Haven't used programs like DVDShrink and such. But I have heard of them.

Basically, just wanting to find out what would be an easy to use (free) program that can rip said content from a dvd to something like a AVI, MPEG4/DivX like codec.

Any advice?

Post by $nave » Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 pm

You need to use dvdfab decrypter first to get the copy protection removed. After that, you have a bunch of options: avi, mpeg, divx/xvid

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=267
MainCoon

Post by MainCoon » Tue May 16, 2006 11:24 pm

Wow. That seems like a lot to take in. I wouldn't know how to begin with all that.

There aren't any programs that will rip then encode to Avi or divx in one package?

I just want a decent enough picture (picture quality you'll see with any full-length film squeezed in 700mb) and stereo sound. Not really ripping everything of a dvd. Just the movie.

Sorry guys. I had some killer keef bowls last night that has me still a bit off today. So bare with me.

I'll have to look at this when Im not at work. Im too distracted to read up on all of that.

Thanks Snave, for the quick reply.

Post by Shwiggie » Wed May 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Heh...I read that as "killer queef bowls" Image

I mentioned in another thread that I like AnyDVD and CloneDVD for ripping movies and Nero for burning them. IIRC, Xbox discs are all single layer...so one should be able to use AnyDVD or DVD43 with Nero and do a straight disc copy.

I haven't done this yet (still need to mod mine), but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
die

Post by die » Wed May 17, 2006 3:34 pm

I also use the CloneDVD, any DVD, Nero combo move.

And Fab Decrypter is GREAT!

I have not had any problems since I snagged Fab.
There is another Skywalker....