Original X-Box firmware hacked

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
Shwiggie

Original X-Box firmware hacked

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:51 pm

Here's the link:
Yes ! I've just played a backup DVD on a XBOX 1 without any modchip/softmod, just a hacked firmware :) This completes our work on the XBOX 1. The drive I modded was a 8050L. The good news is that the firmware in this drive is very similar to the firmware in the GDR3120, used in the XBOX 360. I think it's time for me to buy one now :)
Looks like it's about time I got an X-Box. Still don't have broadband, so not having Live capability wouldn't be a major issue for me. And to think, they're looking to nail the 360 in short order on top of it....
die

Post by die » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:06 pm

You still don't own an Xbox 1 ? :shock:

Talk about "arriving late to the party". I've been rocking along just fine with the softmod for forever now.
There is another Skywalker....
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:05 am

how much are old school x-boxes like $20?

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:50 pm

Last time I looked, they were still $150 new. Side effect of the high cost of the 360 and the fact that it's still hard to get them, I suppose.

Softmodding an X-Box requires an original copy of Agent Under Fire/Mech Warrior II/Splinter Cell, a hack corresponding to the game, a memory card, and Action Replay, right? So that essentially means $150 for the box (or $120 for used...I'd rather have new, though), $20 for the game, free download, $10 card, and $30 for the AR. Then the rental fees to get the games, as I know of no one nearby who has an Xbox from whom I could borrow them.

Not as cheap as the Dreamcast. But it won't break the bank by any means.
$nave

Post by $nave » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:47 pm

Shwiggie wrote:Softmodding an X-Box requires an original copy of Agent Under Fire/Mech Warrior II/Splinter Cell, a hack corresponding to the game, a memory card, and Action Replay, right? So that essentially means $150 for the box (or $120 for used...I'd rather have new, though), $20 for the game, free download, $10 card, and $30 for the AR.
Everybody else just buys a Xbox and drives to $naveVega$ to see me
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:22 pm

If you're still in the same place you were when I was captive in Boardtown, then me and my DVD-burning Pavilion might be dropping by for a visit soon.

I'm gonna be off work Monday...Image
$nave

Post by $nave » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 pm

Shwiggie wrote:If you're still in the same place you were when I was captive in Boardtown, then me and my DVD-burning Pavilion might be dropping by for a visit soon.

I'm gonna be off work Monday...Image
Indeed, I am. Burning Xbox games is a good way to spend a federal holiday
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:32 am

Shwiggie wrote:Last time I looked, they were still $150 new. Side effect of the high cost of the 360 and the fact that it's still hard to get them, I suppose.
Still doesn't make a lot of sense, though.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 pm

I guess I need to find out if I have to buy a certain type of X-Box for such a mod to work....
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:27 pm

If only I had time to play burned x-box games. Oh, if your professor ever asks you to read this book:

drop the class and run.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Sparkstalker

Post by Sparkstalker » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:40 am

RobotJerk wrote:
Shwiggie wrote:Last time I looked, they were still $150 new. Side effect of the high cost of the 360 and the fact that it's still hard to get them, I suppose.
Still doesn't make a lot of sense, though.
It's the parts inside. Since the original Xbox is almost all COTS PC parts, MS got no price breaks from Intel or Nvidia, especially considering the tech inside it is antique by PC standards. That's another reason they pushed the 360 out the door so fast...it wasn't just to beat Sony, but to stop the bath they were taking with each console made...
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:55 pm

I had to visit every friggin' store in Meridian that sells game shit (yup, all five of them...Super Walmart, Game Stop, EB, Sam's, and Plain Walmart :x), and all they had were bundles with Forza. With not paying for games being the sole reason I was interested in getting one in the first place.

Initially determined to not buy the bundle, I had resigned myself to it when I hit Plain Walmart and found they did only the bundles. So I told them to fetch me one...and they came back with the plain system without the thirty dollat game. Hot damn!

Of course, I couldn't find an action replay, so looking for a copy of the three games was useless. So a trip north is required for this.
Sparkstalker

Post by Sparkstalker » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm surprised you found one without it...I thought that's all they were selling now. From what I've heard, Forza's a great game...I never picked it up though...
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:29 pm

I just didn't want to pay the extra thirty for a game I couldn't choose. You know, with that being the whole point of me getting one in the first place.

Saturday's looking like a good day for me to take the ride. I must make the arrangements....