I'm such a n00b at this so bear with me

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
MrJ2006

I'm such a n00b at this so bear with me

Post by MrJ2006 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:44 pm

Alright, just grabbed a movie and want to play it but no clue as to where to put this files at. They end in .IFO, .BUP and .VOB. I want to burn it onto DVD so a good program for this would also help.
die

Post by die » Thu May 26, 2005 11:50 pm

dvd shrink.
There is another Skywalker....
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:39 am

Everything is fine. Well almost, I wanna get around the copyright so I can burn to DVD. I tried on the only blank DVD that I had and it didn't work and I find out that I gotta get around this shit. So please help me get around it.
Acidevil

Post by Acidevil » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:36 pm

I'm not sure what you are getting at...

Like die said, download DVD Shrink (before it too gets pwn3d like DVD Decrypter [pick this up too while you still can]).

DVD Shrink for Dummies:

Boot DVD Shrink. Click Open Files. Point the file browser to the location of the files you downloaded. Let DVD shrink analyze the files. Click Burn (or whatever the equivalent is). Go make a sandwich.

Yes, there is a learning curve if its new to you, however, DVD Shrink is one of the easiest, most intuitive pieces of ripping/burning software out there.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:29 pm

I understand support for DVD Shrink has discontinued, and I've had trouble with some discs. I still use it for general purpose ripping, though, since it allows you to customize how much compression you want.

However, I've been using the AnyDVD/CloneDVD combination lately to great effect...it kills any sort of copy protection, it's a lot faster than Shrink, and the compression is even better. I copied a disc that was slam-full on DVD-9 media, and it all copied onto a DVD-5 with an indiscernable drop in quality, whereas with Shrink I could see a bit of cross-coloring and pixelation.

It's only failing is that it's not free ($60 for both), but I'm sure there's a way to get around that using registry hacks. And AnyDVD by itself would do for breaking copy protection to run DVD Shrink.
die

Post by die » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:52 pm

I hear good things about DVD Fab Decrypter these dyas.
There is another Skywalker....