Anybody getting a PSP?

ouch my meaghurtz had beens stoled !
RobotJerk

Anybody getting a PSP?

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:59 pm

The fucker who reviewed it in Newsweek wrote the first draft of his review in semen, apparently.

I didn't know you could convert DVDs into MP4s and put them on the memory sticks the thing uses. If PSP had a harddrive it'd be the greatest invention since breast implants.
die

Post by die » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:00 pm

I got one.
There is another Skywalker....
$nave

Post by $nave » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:37 pm

wtf? When did you do that?
die

Post by die » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:17 am

the other day.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:41 am

How is it?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:16 am

yes die... do tell... i was going to get a PS2 again but then this comes out and i'm tornd so an indepth review would be appreciated
die

Post by die » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:11 pm

The PSP does in fact fucking own your life. I got it and NFL Street 2 Unleashed. Sony has been super smart with this thing (with the exception of the faggot-ass dead pixels, mines has like 3 :x ), they are putting the most addictive games on it. I can't wait for ATV Offroad on the 5th.
H8
Digital Pimp Hard At Work
Digital Pimp Hard At Work

Post by H8 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:42 am

Die, don't know if you've seen this yet, but Sony might replace your screen afterall: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/25 ... 21092.html

Its crazy that an LCD that small would have 3 dead pixels... my laptop with a 15.7" LCD only has one stuck pixel. I've seen plenty of LCDs with no bad pixels. I wonder if the problem is that Sony probably Spec'd an LCD that nobody else uses for the PSP... Usually what happens with LCDs is the imperfect ones get sold under a cheaper brand name. But, if Sony is the only one using that LCD, then that would explain why so many PSPs have pixel issues.
"Yo Nelly, what the hell kinda name is that? That's about as gangster as an Easter Bonnet hat."
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:57 pm

Well, as a small update....

I took my PSP back to Gaymestop and traded for another. First off, the new ones do not come with the Spiderman 2 disc, so I ganked my old one back out of the box before trading it back in. Now, I trade in my old PSP with the 3 dead pixels for a PSP with 1 dead pixel.

Seriously, Sony are fags.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:04 pm

Sony's rep is totally undeserved.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:40 am

RobotJerk wrote:Sony's rep is totally undeserved.
I'm seeing that more and more. I bought one of their minidisc players, that was a little bitch. You buy an 80 minute disc, and it can hold much much more than 80 minutes but sony CONVERTS the files to a copy protected format. Then you can only put a song on three different disc, if you want to put it on more than that you have to "check it in," meaning let the software erase the file. If you erase it with hardware that's one less time you can put it on a disc. So the question is why do they even pimp that you can do that with hardware or "on the fly" and then when you do you shoot yourself in the foot.

I had to download 3rd party software.

Sony needs to get their shit together

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Acidevil

Post by Acidevil » Wed May 18, 2005 5:15 pm

I've got one. One dead pixel that is unnoticable during gameplay. Their policy on PSP dead pixels is totally fucking gay and contradicts their policy on their LCD monitors.

Other than that, the system is damn cool. I love it. It won't replace my MP3 player, but it now allows me a convenient way to carry video with me (read: lunchtime pr0n). The Wipeout browser exploits are fun to toy with, as well.
die

Post by die » Wed May 18, 2005 7:20 pm

I'm still anxiously awaiting some type of huge software flood for this thing. Seriously, they need to bring some games quick. I'm all stoked for the new GTA game set back in Liberty City once again.
Acidevil

Post by Acidevil » Thu May 19, 2005 7:37 pm

I started becomng unsatisfied with the library a few weeks ago.

When you check the release list, there are nothing but those useless UMD movies coming out...hardly any games.

Lame.
die

Post by die » Fri May 20, 2005 3:30 pm

Yeah, I know. I mean WTF, Sony diehards swear by Playstation because it always has the biggest library of games. They are fucking up so far...

Hey, but the Nintendo DS is still fucking up more. :lol: