Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

Sports. Warren Sapp wants to tackle yo mommas pussy.
RobotJerk

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:19 pm

Max Landis made a cameo-packed movie about wrestling’s awesomeness

Detractors usually cite professional wrestling’s inherent illegitimacy when performing a takedown of the “sport.” Fans argue that it’s no more or less fake than other types of scripted entertainment, and counter that boxing is just as predetermined. That’s the stance that director Max Landis is taking in his new homemade documentary about the WWE, Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling.

To make his case about the power of wrestling’s melodrama, Landis uses his film to narrate the rise of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, a.k.a. Triple H. Drunk History-style, he pieces together the events that form one of wrestling’s greatest story arcs. All of the male wrestlers are portrayed by women, and the supporting cast is a smorgasbord of cameos, including Seth Green, David Arquette, Macaulay Culkin, and plenty of wrestling vets. At close to a half-hour, Wrestling isn’t a detached, ironic examination of professional wrestling; it’s a passionate love letter that has Landis literally screaming at points. You might not agree with Landis, but you can’t deny he makes some good points, including his conclusion, “the only thing wrestling isn’t... is wrestling.”
http://www.avclub.com/article/max-landi ... ing-216754
die

Re: Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

Post by die » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Totally annihilated @ Starkiller as Chyna.

This would go excellently in the Documentary thread, I think this is a great style of documentary film. They packed the whole story in and still was under 30 minutes. What a perfect way to cater to the ADHD millennials, Bravo.
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:25 pm

He doesn't a better job making sense of the companies often contradictory and nonsensical storylines than they do, that's for sure.

Separate video for the credits:

I didn't realize at first the guy who made it is John Landis's son, and has a lot of Hollywood credits of his own: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0484840/
die

Post by die » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Yeah, I recognized him a few moments in and then of course the cameo by his dad. He was on the videogames doc I watched a while back as well.
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 am

Another Max Landis production.