WWE NETWORK? YOU BUYING?

Sports. Warren Sapp wants to tackle yo mommas pussy.
Zytorg777

WWE NETWORK? YOU BUYING?

Post by Zytorg777 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

I am sure you have heard of it by now. It is like all of WWE on netflix for 10 bucks a month, plus you get to stream all the pay per views each month when they come out.

one kinda shady thing is that they are making you sign a six month commitment at the beginning. I know that you can stream wwe on XBMC....but not to this capacity. It would be awesome to watch all of the pay per views as they are happening.

I am kind of on the fence. They are having a reality television show on there with a bunch of retired wrestlers all living in a house togeteher and its got Piper and my boy HACKSAW JIM THUGGIN...so that kinda sells it for me.

overall: undecided.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Re: WWE NETWORK? YOU BUYING?

Post by die » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm

It would be tempting if I didn't have xbmc.
There is another Skywalker....
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 pm

I have it. It's pretty fucking amazing, to be completely honest. Some stuff is edited, but not nearly as much as I expected. In fact, Booker T still calls Hogan a nigga as clear as day.
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm

the Watch Wrestling depository on xbmc has all of the WWE Network stuff at your fingertips. I love it, the layout is awesome and it's HD quality. They break Raw down into segments, you can watch the pre-show and the aftershow from the WWE Network on there. They put it all in order for you.

They also have TNA, ROH and all other misc feds plus they even have UFC. They have tons of old stuff as well as all of the old stuff, I watched WWF Over The Edge '99 in HD last night. There are actually a few other depositories that I haven't tried yet but I can say that Watch Wrestling is an easy win thus far.

There is another Skywalker....
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 am

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... ne-one-day

GOTTTDAMN

Vinny Mac just lost ass over end money...
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Tue May 20, 2014 3:18 am

Except he really didn't.

A great deal of this is being incredibly misunderstood and overblown.

The launch of the WWE Network app and Vince's negotiations with NBC, AMC, and others for a new TV deal spiked the stock prices to absurd levels, mostly upon the belief that WWE would double the price of its TV licensing deal for RAW and Smackdown, and the belief that the Network would reach 1 million subscribers within its first year (it has nearly 700,000 right now, and only went live in March. It is also only available in the US, so far).

The hype drove the stock price up beyond any reasonable level. When reality set in, resulting in a very good, but not great install base for the network, and a new deal with NBC/Universal that was a good bit more lucrative than the previous one, but not double, investors immediately abandoned ship.

This is much more a case of bad gambles on wall street than an example of a failing company. WWE, while suffering losses (which are to be expected when completely revamping major revenue streams and kickstarting integral new projects), has shown positive growth in international markets and has quite successfully launched its Network to critical acclaim.

This will all balance out over the next six months or so. The result will probably see Vince a bit better off than before this all started, just not substantially more wealthy, nor poorer than before.

Another thing is that Vince wasn't a billionaire until the stock price skyrocketed.

A good chunk of what he "lost" was earned during that false spike. In reality, he didn't "lose" nearly that much.