REDSKINS

Sports. Warren Sapp wants to tackle yo mommas pussy.
die

REDSKINS

Post by die » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... .html?vp=1

Native Americans generally do not find it offensive but let's change it? :lol:

I like how when he names off all of the different groups of people, he casually leaves out "whiteskins". :lol:

We've reached Defcon 5 levels of faggotry (can I even say that anymore?) when it comes to politcal correctness. I mean, who cares if it's an obscure reference to the color of a person's skin? we still say black people and white people, even though technically we aren't black and white (except for Michael Jackson and Wesley Snipes)

fuck the earth.
There is another Skywalker....
MrJ2006

Re: REDSKINS

Post by MrJ2006 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 am

All that guilt from stealing the land, I guess? I could understand if it was maybe a racial slur towards native Americans why we would want to change it, but it's not as far as I know. People just like to make non issues an issue now I guess.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

What's obscure about "redskin"? You're calling people red-skinned. I think it's pretty straightforward.

The problem that has arisen here is that we have no idea how to define "offensive". Is it not offensive if only a few people are deeply hurt by it? Is it not offensive if a huge number of people are only a little upset by it? Is it not offensive because it's been grandfathered into the language?

Overall, I am more in favor of making absolutely no actions against free speech, but rather allow people to let their wallets and/or fists do the talking. Don't buy it, physically don't stand for it, or let it be.

Important to note that when I say "wallets", I am referring to not patronizing those brands or people associated. I wouldn't let my kids wear Redskins gear because I think it's a shitty thing to endorse. I don't think anyone has a right at this point to sue Snyder or the Washington organization since it's been here forever / fuck off.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 pm

I see people from India calling themselves "Brown skinned" all the time.

People call me "white".

We're getting to the point where ANYTHING can be considered offensive and people get scared they'll get sued or chastised in some manner.

I mean midgets want to be called "little people" now, it's hard to keep up with all these fucking name changes and shit. :x
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 am

Redskins should just change their name to Faggot Nigger Midget Hill Billies, and apologize to the natives.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

That is a sig worthy quote
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:11 pm

SoVi3t wrote:Redskins should just change their name to Faggot Nigger Midget Hill Billies, and apologize to the natives.
Hey, that's my X-box live gamer tag.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:23 pm

I struggle to understand why this is an issue... They have been that name for fucking EVER..
die

Post by die » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 37909.html

OH MY GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I mean OH MY ______ (insert preferred diety or lack there of) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And the article goes on to say there was another Alabama school with a banner that had glaring spelling errors, too. No fucking way...not in the state of Alabama!

This is front page news on Yahoo btw.

At least we can all look forward to that wonderful day when football team's run-through banners say GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS and the players just walk around it rather than violently running through it and shredding it to bits. Then both teams can shake hands and play a game of 2-hand touch with no score kept.

#progress
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
die

Post by die » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Damn, now that's pretty fucked up.
die

Post by die » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:38 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/2 ... lp00000592

:lol:

I don't think this is going to be any of their best work, but gotta give them props for still being able to hit a nerve like this.