WWE Raw - WTF?

Sports. Warren Sapp wants to tackle yo mommas pussy.
die

WWE Raw - WTF?

Post by die » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:01 pm

Is this show impossible to watch now or what? Who the hell are all these roid-bound no talent musclehead majafaquers? Chris Masters? Rob Conway? wtf. What ever happened to the dudes who can actually wrestle? What ever happened to wrestlers with gimmicks? I mean like "over gimmicks"? Not just the standard "I'm a metrosexual with huge muscles who knows 3 moves and one of those is punch" gimmick. I now feel bad that I ever made fun of Shawn Stasiak as the Meat character.I do not see how Vince McMahon can put that shit on tv and think it will draw fans in. Cade & Murdoch are horrid.

Praise be to Zod for the Divas, that's pretty much the best part of the whole show. Alexis Laree, now known as Mickey James, is awesome. Wrestling in the skirt was the way to go, that's the best gimmick in the WWE right now. Candice Michelle with those low low rise pants with her buttcrack hanging out owned my life. Oh and Victoria is still owning me good. (just so this whole thread doesn't go completely negative)
There is another Skywalker....
$nave

Post by $nave » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:10 pm

I don't recongize half the roster, and I don't think I'm missing much. What is Cade/Murdock's gimmick? Being sloppy cowboys? Nice to see that the WWE has given up on having a tag team division; they should mothball the belts. The Diva match was the highlight of the night
The Crippler Rules

Post by The Crippler Rules » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:46 pm

I think it is now official; the WWE is in the toilet. Let’s flush it and be done with it.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:32 am

I find it hard to watch now.

I don't care about any of the characters.
TheWholeFNShow

Post by TheWholeFNShow » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:46 am

Eddie Guerrero's death is not the way I want to end up watching wrestling again.
Shwiggie

Re: WWE Raw - WTF?

Post by Shwiggie » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:47 pm

die wrote:Who the hell are all these roid-bound no talent musclehead majafaquers? Chris Masters? Rob Conway? wtf. "I'm a metrosexual with huge muscles who knows 3 moves and one of those is punch"
Quoted for truth. I was watching the Raw anniversary show expressly to watch all the old wrestlers come out and take a bow, and here comes Twitty Conway to interrupt. At least he got a Bionic Elbow and Snuka Splash for his trouble, not forgetting the Von Erich Claw, but that pissed me off to no end. I don't give two flakey turds about that guy, and the one part of the show I actually cared to see enough to watch all the other wanton bullshit got ruined.

'Course, it was scripted that way, but jeez. And tonight I'll watch for the Guerrero retrospective. What a business.
RobotJerk

Re: WWE Raw - WTF?

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:56 am

die wrote:Is this show impossible to watch now or what? Who the hell are all these roid-bound no talent musclehead majafaquers? Chris Masters? Rob Conway? wtf. What ever happened to the dudes who can actually wrestle? What ever happened to wrestlers with gimmicks? I mean like "over gimmicks"? Not just the standard "I'm a metrosexual with huge muscles who knows 3 moves and one of those is punch" gimmick. I now feel bad that I ever made fun of Shawn Stasiak as the Meat character.I do not see how Vince McMahon can put that shit on tv and think it will draw fans in. Cade & Murdoch are horrid.

Praise be to Zod for the Divas, that's pretty much the best part of the whole show. Alexis Laree, now known as Mickey James, is awesome. Wrestling in the skirt was the way to go, that's the best gimmick in the WWE right now. Candice Michelle with those low low rise pants with her buttcrack hanging out owned my life. Oh and Victoria is still owning me good. (just so this whole thread doesn't go completely negative)
How did I miss this?

Yeah, basically you've got John "Fresh Prince" Cena trying to be the fighting champion, despite the fact Hogan was more of a ring technician. And, at this point, he's only getting Jeff Hardy pops. Then you've got Rob Conway, who can actually work, but has the shittiest gimmick of all time.

I've only been watching off and on since Jericho left. I still like Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, and the Divas...but its hard to watch without being plugged into a message board where I can make fun of it for 2 hours.
die

Post by die » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:36 pm

I had actually planned on watching it Monday for the Eddie tribute, but I completely forgot about it. Was it worth watching?
Bloodrose

Post by Bloodrose » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:04 pm

Yes, if you forget about the fact that, even though the show was dedicated to Eddie, no one did a frogsplash in his honor.

I, however, did a frogsplash onto my bed in tribute of Eddie.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:13 pm

It's bad when the only people I know should have retired, from the ring at least, about 5 years ago. Flair looks horrid. Is there a rule that if you aren't dead or have an injury you must get in the ring?

I watched 20 minutes of the show in total. I don't think I'd watch it again.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
die

Post by die » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:25 pm

Man, I watched it a few weeks back and Flair was thrown onto the big black wall of death that surrounds the fans outside the ring and he had this sweet mudflap of old guy flesh under his arm that hung over the rail on the other side.

I laughed and threw up a little bit in my throat at the same time.
TheWholeFNShow

Post by TheWholeFNShow » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:06 pm

Yes, if you forget about the fact that, even though the show was dedicated to Eddie, no one did a frogsplash in his honor.
Sans Mysterio, do you actually expect any of the wrestlers on Raw to be that talented? I mean sure. Trish Stratus could frogsplash me any time of the week, but that would just be demeaning. Cena would probably flash a gang sign on the way down, and no one else could do it.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:16 am

die wrote:I had actually planned on watching it Monday for the Eddie tribute, but I completely forgot about it. Was it worth watching?
I'd offer to send you a tape of it, but I know of your infernal hatred for the VHS.
$nave

Post by $nave » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:46 am

You could download it via bittorrent.
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:41 pm

I wonder if it's still around for download?

Did you guys watch it last night? I enjoyed the Angle/Benjamin match and of course the Divas were great. Damn, that Maria chick is smokin hot. That's the first time I've seen her.

Batista looks like Bubba from "In the Heat of the Night" got mad & transformed into the Gothic Incredible Hulk.