Ark: Survival Evolved

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
SoVi3t

Ark: Survival Evolved

Post by SoVi3t » Tue May 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Open world sandbox game featuring craftable weapons, city building, ridable dinosaurs, and a fucking dragon it seems.

Where in the fuck was this game when I was a kid?

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Post by die » Tue May 12, 2015 5:51 pm

It's like the evolution of that game BC that was supposed to come out on the Xbox years ago.

I can't wait to see how they work all of this into a coherent story. I mean, you got dinosaurs, gun, spears, fire breathing dragons, lasers and people riding giant scorpions.

I hope they can pull this one off, because it could be truly epic.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed May 13, 2015 4:41 pm

this game needs a stoner 70s soundtrack.

And yeah, I got OG Xbox for BC, which never ended up coming out and got cancelled. This game looks fucking beyond amazing. Can't wait to play this multiplayer.

If you've played Evolve (the other game they made), you'll know they make some crazy fucking fun games.

This game has me SERIOUSLY hyped.

die

Post by die » Wed May 13, 2015 5:00 pm

I never played Evolve, should I pick it up?
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Yeah, I enjoy it. I'm a little pissed how long it's taking for all the DLC (they promise all these monsters, and meanwhile months later have only released one of the 3 promised monsters).

It's interesting, in the sense it's 4 on 1 (four hunters try to kill one monster). Takes you awhile to learn how to hide as a monster (you leave tracks everywhere, scare birds, and so much more, to give away your position. I'm honestly amazed how often I can just jump into some bushes and hide while they walk right past you.

When you get strong enough (level up once or twice), you can easily take out the whole party, so now you have to have a proper attack strategy.

I'd love to see the game get HUGE maps with multiple monsters and hunters,but whatever. I hate playing as anything besides a monster, lol.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri May 29, 2015 11:52 am

If you haven't torrented it yet, Evolve is almost half off on Steam, this weekend.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:15 am

So I picked up Ark today, as early access, during the Steam summer sale. You ain't running it on PC with good graphics without one hell of a recent video card. Most people I know even with good cards have to run it at low-medium settings, which kinda kills the experience, but not as much as you would think.

Game is beautiful as fuck when it wants to run though, and it's pretty much a minecraft style game, without having to go as in depth as you would with minecraft. Smash a bush, and get some sticks and leaves in your inventory. No cubes and shit to move around, and the game is all nice and pretty as I mentioned. Haven't really built much. Also haven't found a single dinosaur yet. Just big crabs, and smallish lizards, and dodo birds.

It's only 20 bucks right now I think, or less, for early access (although like I said, its still a little buggy, and graphics at high res need to be more available to the masses lol).

I'd love to see a huge group of people all try to make a village.