Friday the 13th Game

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
SoVi3t

Friday the 13th Game

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:19 am

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2015/02/07/the ... game-scoop

holy fuck, that actually sounds amazing. 8 player multiplayer, 7 are campers, one is Jason (well, not Jason, but same fucking thing)

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Re: Friday the 13th Game

Post by die » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:07 am

This sounds fucking great to me. I'm probably hoping for a much better game than it actually turns out to be, but just thinking about how awesome this could be if done right is giving me wood.

The survival horror genre had been mostly ass lately, I been needing something like this.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:32 pm

die wrote:This sounds fucking great to me. I'm probably hoping for a much better game than it actually turns out to be, but just thinking about how awesome this could be if done right is giving me wood.

The survival horror genre had been mostly ass lately, I been needing something like this.

Yeah, I get the feeling I'm over hyping this game in my mind, but it has so much damn potential. It would be a refreshing change from generic "kill the other guys with your machine guns" multiplayer in all games.

die

Post by die » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:28 am

If I get to play as "Jason" and stab people while they are fucking... it probably won't happen but I would shit.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

die wrote:If I get to play as "Jason" and stab people while they are fucking... it probably won't happen but I would shit.
Apparently the killer's name is something like Jay Shun or Jay Sin or some nonsense like that. There better be sex, drugs, alcohol, and tits (in addition to the aforementioned sex). I want this movie to be a tribute to the 80's.

What I don't want to see, is a game where basically the campers just run around scavenging for weapons, then they gang up and kill the Killer.

Make them have to unlock abilities/hp/weapons/etc by completing Camp tasks (want a bow? Go get first place in an archery competition...wanna unlock more HP? Go fuck somebody).

Although, it would be mighty fucking awkward playing with buddies, and having to decide who gets to have the penis and who gets to worship cock. "Ok, this round, I'll stick it in your ass, and if we win this round, you can stick in mine next. WE GOT THIS!"

die

Post by die » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Yeah and stuff should be randomized. Like, sometimes a person will be running and randomly trip or fall. Then if you find a car, sometimes it will start, other times not. Random weather would be awesome, imagine lightning and rain starting as you're running from the killer. Simple but effective.

Damn, I should have been the one making this game.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:24 pm

die wrote:Yeah and stuff should be randomized. Like, sometimes a person will be running and randomly trip or fall. Then if you find a car, sometimes it will start, other times not. Random weather would be awesome, imagine lightning and rain starting as you're running from the killer. Simple but effective.

Damn, I should have been the one making this game.
FUCK that is BRILLIANT. And the killer should gain upgrades depending on how he kills dudes, and how many kills he has. Like gaining the ability to conveniently teleport during chase scenes if dudes think they're getting away from you.

Every single thing in the environment should be able to be used a weapon by the killer. Kane Hodder should just be filmed doing like 1000 kills.

Headset's should only allow voices to be heard in close proximity, so you cant yell for help to everybody in game.

Worse case scenario, you'll see a new genre of games emerge, and somebody will get it right (or do better).

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:19 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/13/frid ... ame-jason/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's officially a Jason game now, got pushed back to next Fall.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:38 am

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:13 am

The premise that this game opens is fantastic. I feel like a new sub-genre altogether could spawn from this, which gives me hope that even if they fuck this one up, someone is bound to get it right.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:20 pm

lionheart wrote:The premise that this game opens is fantastic. I feel like a new sub-genre altogether could spawn from this, which gives me hope that even if they fuck this one up, someone is bound to get it right.
Actually this sort of genre already exists. The game Evolve is 4 vs 1 (four hunters versus one monster), this game just changes it to 8 vs 1 (eight counselors vs one Jason).

Gears of War would start off 4 vs 4, then when people on your team died, it could quickly became 4 vs 1.

I'd be skeptical of this game, if it didn't start off as another game, and get enough hype that the Friday the 13th producers get involved and gave their blessing.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:25 pm

oh snap, he fucking teleports

die

Post by die » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:07 am

Yeah, I been checking this out for months now. I really want to get this.

Jason teleporting owned me so hard.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:39 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... ts/1707655" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Single player mode confirmed, multiple maps, AI bots, and playable Tommy Jarvis as well.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:00 pm