Worst Popular Games EV4RRRr!!!!1 No Call of Doodie Jokes

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
SoVi3t

Worst Popular Games EV4RRRr!!!!1 No Call of Doodie Jokes

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

So there has to be some games out there that everybody else seemed to 'get' but you just fucking hated from day one. Maybe the first time you played a Final Fantasy game you realized you could only play this while smoking a carton of Marlboro's and drinking because turn based games deserve to be on a fucking iPhone. Maybe you tried to play Street Fighter and instead of throwing fireballs all you do is jerk around like you just had an aneurysm and punch/kick, then revert to button mashing and requesting an easier game. Remember playing Double Dragon III? Hell, maybe Zelda II made you rage because it was Zelda the Mario edition.

Yeah, I want that kind of hatred.

And yes, we can all acknowledge that as fun as Call of Doot Doot was, it's been beating a dead horse for far too long now, and the fanbase is literally finding a way to dig beneath scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to class, culture, intelligence, and humanity.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Re: Worst Popular Games EV4RRRr!!!!1 No Call of Doodie Jok

Post by die » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:33 pm

co-sign on the turn-based games. I was just having this conversation with a few friends over lunch the other day. After FF7, I was like "fuck turn based combat and random battles". Repetitive and outdated.

I mean, gaming has evolved so much in areas and then some shit like that still happens...wtf?

How about those damn games that still require you to tap buttons as they appear on screen? It was ok when GoW did it for the first time or when they did it on Dragon's Lair about 68 years ago, but why does every game have to do it now? It's stupid and nerve-racking and ratchet.

COD hit it's high point with Modern Warfare 2. Everything after that has pretty much just been a "map pack" by comparison.
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:30 pm

fuck LOLO.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 pm

die wrote:How about those damn games that still require you to tap buttons as they appear on screen? It was ok when GoW did it for the first time or when they did it on Dragon's Lair about 68 years ago, but why does every game have to do it now? It's stupid and nerve-racking and ratchet.
lol yeah quick time events are programmers ways of making something cool happen in a game when they have no idea how to actually program your guy to do it. I never played God of War but I heard that entire game is like 99% QTE's.
COD hit it's high point with Modern Warfare 2. Everything after that has pretty much just been a "map pack" by comparison.
agreed. Black Ops wasn't bad, for the storyline, but somewhere along the lines all the MP became about getting as many kills as possible while doing as little as possible. Shoot 2 guys, get care package, chopper proceeds to spawn kill EVERYBODY for 5 minutes, giving you more choppers and care packages.

Oh whats that, you're losing? No worries, after 5 deaths you can fucking nuke things.

And as much as I liked Halo, it's now become a trial of finding which gun is best at killing somebody when you empty an entire clip into their face, then reload, then punch them to finish them off. Or you can just BR them from across the map instantly.

I don't think I've liked a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Seriously, why is Nintendo still using the same fucking sound effects from the SNES version of Link to the Past? Is it too much to ask for a fucking voice actor to make Link talk?

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:29 am

For me, the pinnacle of gaming was Ms. Pac-Man, only approached by Chrono Trigger, NFL2K1, and Uncharted 2. So I am unqualified, since I don't typically play games until they've been around for at least five years and everyone else has already played and moved on from them. I can count the number of non-preowned games I've bought since the nineties on one hand.
die

Post by die » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

I don't think I've liked a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Seriously, why is Nintendo still using the same fucking sound effects from the SNES version of Link to the Past? Is it too much to ask for a fucking voice actor to make Link talk?
Yeah, I've been saying this for a while now too. I don't understand why Nintendo refuses to make the "grown-up" style Zelda game that all the fans want. Look, I really liked the cel shaded Link of Windwaker, I thought that game was brilliant and I love the look of the characters. I don't see why we can't have both, I mean cel shaded Link is perfect for 3DS. I really want to see a Zelda game that totally re-tells the first Legend of Zelda but in a 3D world and is on par with Final Fantasy and Skyrim. This is like a no-brainer, seriously.

The new Zelda game footage was a letdown for me. Mixing Zelda with Dynasty Warriors looks like it will make for a blah, gimmicky type of game overall. I like that they are willing to go in a completely different direction, but they are going in the wrong direction.

The one thing that I haven't seen confirmed is "Are we getting 2 seperate Zelda games for WiiU in 2014/2015???" I mean, there's supposedly one that's been in the works for like 4 or 5 years and then they show footage of the Zelda/Dynasty Warriors hybrid late last year....

Posted in: Gaming
Posted: September 5, 2012 New ‘Legend Of Zelda’ Game Coming To Wii U In 2014

The biggest The Legend of Zelda game ever is being planned for the Wii U, WiiUDaily reports. Nintendo has also assembled its biggest development team ever, led by Eiji Aonuma, who has been working on the game since late 2010.

The new Zelda title, which doesn’t have an official subtitle yet, was originally supposed to be released next year in order to compete with new consoles from Sony and Microsoft, but Nintendo quickly abandoned that goal. WiiUDaily’s source, who has not been named, says that since the game is the biggest project Nintendo has ever done, a Q3 2013 release was unrealistic. The source also said:

“It’s a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It’ll end up being the most expensive game they’ve made to date. It’s a huge investment for them [Nintendo] in money and manpower, this is Rockstar/GTA territory.”

The new game will have roughly the same number of dungeons as previous Zelda game, but some will be broken up into three parts that “will literally take hours to complete.” One dungeon will be an entire forest, and will be even larger than the massive Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. It will also have side quests and mini-games, as well as as hours of orchestral music.

Unfortunately, the new Zelda game will not have online multiplayer, but it will have online features, such as allowing players to leave hints to help each other through dungeons. The game will have the same visual style as the latest title, Skyward Sword, only in full HD. The insider also said the visuals that were shown at 2011′s E3 were just a tech demo, and that it was made by a different team with an older engine.

If it is just the Zelda Dynasty Warriors thing, I'm gonna be letdown as fuck. It might turn out to be good but it's not the game they've teased us with. It just looks like they are trying to push alot of enemies on screen at once and get the player to do special attack combos and shit.
There is another Skywalker....