So did anybody actually get an Xbox One

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
die

Re: So did anybody actually get an Xbox One

Post by die » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm

They are both good, I just feel the PS4 has way more going for it.

-Ps4 runs better, I've have way fewer issues with it than XB1.
-Ps4 has a better network with more free content and Vita content
-Graphics are almost always better on Ps4 with multiplatform games
-Ps4 has rechargeable controller out of the box, I had to buy a battery pack for my XB1 controller

I've had a lot of network issues on and off with my Xbox1. I've had to delete and re-install some games and downloads have been slow or sometimes stall. I haven't had any of those issues with Ps4.

I call my XB1 the Killer Instinct Machine now.
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 pm

That is a pretty strong argument. Is it possible those were isolated cases, or are those issues with xbox one pretty common with other owners?
die

Post by die » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 am

Well, when it was happening to me I started researching it online and it appeared to be a hit or miss type of case. There were some people saying they had the same issues and some saying they had none. I tried all of the remedies I could find and nothing really helped my situation.

The crazy thing is that over the same connection, my ps4 downloads lightning fast with no issues at all.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Bought XB1 and a bunch of games, got rid of every single game, and only play Killer Instinct on it.

Which I will stop doing as soon as it gets released for PC, where I can use my last gen fight stick.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:31 am

I am getting a bit of conflicting information regarding each console's abilities...My understanding is you can't use a large external harddrive with the Ps4 the same way you can with an Xbox One. Is that correct?
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:15 pm

PS4 allows you to use an external, just not for installing games, which is sorta required for games.

Xbox lets you pretty much do whatever. If you still use TV like a caveman, the DVR features on the XB1 are surprisingly good. You can also record yourself playing better games on teh (naaa not gonna fix that typo) PS4, through the XB1 (i did it again, fixed it this time).

RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm

I went ahead and bought the Xbox One because I liked the idea of running everything through one set top box. I have not figured out all the features yet, but someone told me I'd be able to mirror it on Windows 10.

I am not planning on playing more than a dozen games on it anyways, but I like the idea of being able to store my games on an external drive.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:05 pm

I should have listened to you guys. I mostly just hate the way the controller feels stiff and that it always seems like the machine is trying to do too much.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 pm

I will most likely buy a PS4 when Uncharted 4 comes out. I was going to get the current release with the remastered Uncharted bundle, but I decided the only one I really want to replay in HD is the second one, and that I should wait to make sure 4 doesn't suck before investing in yet another machine after shelling out $350 on a video card earlier this year.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:23 pm

RobotJerk wrote:I should have listened to you guys. I mostly just hate the way the controller feels stiff and that it always seems like the machine is trying to do too much.
I don't mind the controller, although I agree something does feel off about it. It's still pretty much a machine I use to play NHL and Killer Instinct. When KI launches for PC, well......umm yeah. I might grab me some Halo V though. Never beat Halo 4 though....

I am debating grabbing Battlefront on Xbox One as well, in a week. I want it for pc, but I worry that the PC version is just going to be dudes with auto aim nonsense and mods and other shit I don't feel like dealing with, that and my video card is starting to get old and show it's age. 1GB of video ram ain't what it used to be.

Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 pm

After the Arkham Knight debacle, I'll be real careful about buying any more PC games at launch.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Shwiggie wrote:After the Arkham Knight debacle, I'll be real careful about buying any more PC games at launch.
Oh, I agree. On the plus side, they already had a successful beta for it, so I don't see a huge chance of glaring bugs or the type of shit that destroyed the last Batman game.

I just don't like the prospect of having to go out and buy an XBL card just for one game (i let my XBL expire, seeing as I couldn't justify paying all that money just to keep playing Killer Instinct).

RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:15 am

Shwiggie wrote:I will most likely buy a PS4 when Uncharted 4 comes out. I was going to get the current release with the remastered Uncharted bundle, but I decided the only one I really want to replay in HD is the second one, and that I should wait to make sure 4 doesn't suck before investing in yet another machine after shelling out $350 on a video card earlier this year.
Over the Black Friday weekend, the PS4 Uncharted bundle was $299.
And now I own a PS4.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:09 pm

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/p ... cpu-power/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Sony has upped hardware availability for devs now, like MS did for XB1 devs earlier this year. Watch that performance delta widen...
die

Post by die » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:59 pm