Any Of You Losers Play Fighting Games?

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
die

Re: Any Of You Losers Play Fighting Games?

Post by die » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:47 pm

So, shouldn't they be working on a sequel to the last MK game already? It had to be a huge success.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am

die wrote:So, shouldn't they be working on a sequel to the last MK game already? It had to be a huge success.
did you play through story mode?

I'm curious where they go. Sindel literally ran through 99% of the cast by herself. Just slaughtered them with no fucking effort. I think only Johnny Cage, and Sonya, are still alive, and fucking barely.

I'm guessing they just redo MK4, but make it suck less. Gonna be a shame to lose so many characters and moves though :( Although the next gen consoles have better DLC handling than this gen, due to the emergence of eSports. Fighting games got fucked this gen, cuz if one guy downloads a character, everybody else was forced to get some sort of update to even handle that new character (Seeing as other's may not have dl'd the data). Now you can apparantly temporarily receive data like that, so DLC one person has won't be missing in the match. So now they can just release tons of characters, charge whatever they want, and not worry about having to make costly patches (it cost over $45,000 PER FUCKING PATCH for any game this generation, due to fees MS and Sony charge, which essentially fucking mutilated any chance of console DLC being on the same level as PC gaming).

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah, I went through the whole game as well as finished the tower.

I don't think the story really matters overall, I mean it never has in MK. Lui Kang and Johnny Cage have been confirmed as dead in the past games and still came back every time.

I think the next game should be done as an all-in-one salute to the original trilogy, re-do all 3 of the original games and follow the original storylines. I'd love to see them motion-capture again, I miss the realistic looking characters.

Deadly Alliance was a cool concept but a shitty game, I'd love to see it re-done with the MK9 style treatment.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 pm

for what it's worth, they've already pretty much confirmed Spawn as a character.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/spawn- ... ody.41173/

die

Post by die » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

He was already a playable character in Soul Calibur 2, remember? I thought he was pretty cool in the game back then, I'd love to see an updated version with a giant flowing interactive cape (probably possible with new next gen systems)

It looks like now, any character is fair game (pun intended) in MK. I mean, they have Freddy & Kratos. And I'm pretty cool with that, I mean "why not?", it's fun and it doesn't have to interfere with the actual story of MK, it just makes for a nice bonus.

Now, if they put him in a DC game, I really wish they could at least do it like a DC vs Image type game and have tons of characters. I'd love to see Batman vs Spawn again, but it would also be great to see Chapel, Angel, etc in the game. I think it'd be a great way to bring some of the old characters back to light.

I'm looking forward to seeing what develops.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Todd originally wanted to include Spawn in the Injustice game, but that got veto'd with the quickness from DC. Hence why he seems to be now shooting for the next MK.

have you tried Killer Instinct yet? I still haven't found another game on XBone that I want enough to make me buy the console, but I got to fuck with it a bit a few months back at a convention, and I really do want to get that game.

die

Post by die » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:26 pm

I still haven't played it. I don't even know anybody who has Xbox Uno.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 pm

die wrote:I still haven't played it. I don't even know anybody who has Xbox Uno.

I don't know anybody who got either console yet. There isn't a single game worthy of paying 500+ bucks for a console just to play.

From what I played of KI at an expo, I enjoyed the fucking hell out of it though. Combo breakers, Combo breaker breakers, retarded ultra's, special versions of every move, Ultra's can be somewhat customized during and after they are being used. It's actually pretty fun. Interesting idea to make the game free, and you either pay full price and get every character, or you can just download the individual characters you want one at a time.

I hope Street Fighter starts doing this, because seriously, who plays El Fuerte?

die

Post by die » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:21 pm

I probably got 8-10 friends who already snagged a PS4. I'm still not running out to get one, my dumb ass already bought Wii U and a Vita :lmao:

:shock:

There's just not really anything next gen that I'm dying to play. This shit has officially gotten too expensive.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:44 am

yo, Die:

also