X-box 180

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
Robert Paulson

X-box 180

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 pm

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/06/xbox-one-drm/

Looks like when Sony didn't do DRM Microsoft was SOL and knew they had to scrap it as a policy.

And I still don't get why the checking once a day is a big deal. How many times have you been in a place with your system that didn't have internet? Also Microsoft probably understands that it'll only be a matter of time before gamestop is a faded memory because of direct downloads (which is probably why Sony didn't address DRM with their system, and if you don't think Sony is the master of that shit look up information about Minidisc DRM and how they fucked themselves on the eve of the iPod, and didn't stop even at the price of killing the format.)

Long story short Gamestop is un-crapping their pants and will give you $4.50 in store credit for that $60 game.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
die

Re: X-box 180

Post by die » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Gamestop is a fucking bitch.

They do those "double trade-in value" specials and still give you like 25 and 40 cents for Wii games.

25 cents...seriously.

I told the guy I'd rather take the game outside and throw it at somebody than to take 25 cents for it. Even shit in gumball machines costs 50 cents these days minimum.

Fuck Microsoft, but mention Gamestop and my rage has tunnel vision.
There is another Skywalker....
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm

So right now, it's basically:

Xbox One: $499 that comes with Kinect, and does TeeVee
PS4: $399 that doesn't have the Move, and does social media

cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Xbox One - I already have an HTPC and a remote control. I don't need a media center that acts like a calf looking at a new gate while I flail my arms trying to change the channel.

And I just built a pretty powerful PC that I plan on gaming with into the foreseeable future. Call me when there's a bunch of good exclusive titles at Gamestop for twenty bucks each a few years down the line, and I'll decide which is better then.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/06/xbox-one-drm/
And I still don't get why the checking once a day is a big deal. How many times have you been in a place with your system that didn't have internet?
I go to my cottage several times a year. I don't have internet there. Not being able to take my current console for some drunken rainy day gaming was a dealbreaker.

There was also region locks in place, so if you bought it in America then moved to another country, you were fucked. Double fucked if you were in the US Military, and got deployed anywhere. No internet and random regions caused the US Navy to issue a press release warning service men and women to avoid it. They also weren't too thrilled with it hearing what you are discussing while it wasn't turned on.
Long story short Gamestop is un-crapping their pants and will give you $4.50 in store credit for that $60 game.
Gamestop was 100% behind MS, mainly because they were one of the authorized dealers.

Nobody trades in games for money or individually. You trade in 3 games you find in a walmart five dollar bin, to get a brand new game when it comes out.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:06 am

http://kotaku.com/and-heres-another-guy ... @jesusdiaz

Someone got their Xbone a little early. I would like to know a little more than what he's posting though.