Sim City

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
SoVi3t

Sim City

Post by SoVi3t » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:39 pm

So, even though the servers are imploding at the speed of light, it's next to impossible to save your game, Amazon stopped selling it, and the DRM is gay as fuck, I still went out and bought this game. Gonna try to connect in a few minutes and see what's good...

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Robert Paulson

Re: Sim City

Post by Robert Paulson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Amazon is back to selling it. I was considering getting it as well. They've been adding new servers like crazy, BUT their twitter posts go something like "we added a new West Coast server, jump on it while you can." The whole "while you can" part doesn't make me feel like they have gotten even close to solving the problem.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 am

I have had zero server issues at all. Not even a blip or anything.

And you get a free game on the 18th if you've activated the game by then.

To be honest, the biggest problem is city size. They try to force this region shit on you, and you'd rather just pimp the fuck out of one super city than 3 tiny ass ones. Within an hour of starting a game, I have filled my entire city with streets and buildings. My citizens were bitching about wanting all kinds of stuff, but I literally had zero places to put anything.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Either I can add a sewer treatment facility, or you can have a house to live in.

The dev's have stated they used small city sizes so even people with shit PC's could play, but like 90% of the community is demanding they hurry the fuck up and just patch in larger cities. Which the dev's said they would do.

I kinda feel like EA and Maxis is gonna throw a ton of money at this to save face, so it could end up being a terrific game in the long run (it's fun as fuck now, a little different to get used to versus the older ones).

edit: this literally is the size of the cities. Ignoring the giant dick, note the white borders around the map. That's it.

Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 pm

I read that the new small city size was the norm. I also recall that being an annoyingly small space from my last time playing a sim city game. It seems like it would be a pain/very time consuming to have to develop all the cities in the region to get the size of one small square up to something decent.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 pm

City sizes are going to get patched. Hell, this morning a mod proved you can play the game offline just with, with awesome features, using a debug mode.

The thing with the cities/regions, is you don't really need a city with maxed out fire, police, amubulance, garbage, sewage, etc. You are supposed to have one city do sewage, and police, and another does fire and health, and another does trash and hydro. Its a nice idea, but hella annoying at times, when you just want to make one badass big city, save your game, then unleash Godzilla, zombies, and meteors, then reload again.

die

Post by die » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 pm

I never cared for any of the Sims games. Closest thing to this type of game that I ever enjoyed was Actraiser for the SNES.
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Simant for the snes was dope....but difficult
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Actraiser: kill demons and build towns over their homes.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 am

Actraiser was a fucking kickass game. The ending was ridiculous though; you have to kill ALL the bosses over in succession. I've replayed it on Emulators and forgot what a brutal battle that was.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm

damn LH, I had forgot about that part. I downloaded it to play on emulator but haven't had a chance to play it. I was wondering how well the sim part of it would hold up. It was fun back in the day, how dated does it feel now?
There is another Skywalker....