PS4

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
RobotJerk

PS4

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 am

After weeks of speculation, Sony officially unveiled its next console from a live event in New York today: the PlayStation 4. The console will be released this holiday season.

Sony's Andrew House said the new console will create "experiences that surpass gamers' wildest expectations."

Lead system architect on the PlayStation 4, Mark Cerny, said "the development of a next-gen platform started about five years ago" and that it's goal is "freeing developers from technological barriers." Cerny has a history in the video game industry dating back more than 30 years, first with Atari and later companies like Sega of Japan and Universal Interactive Studios.

Cerny said the platform is "by game creators for game creators" and that its architecture is "like a PC, but supercharged." PS4 uses the X86 CPU and has 8GB of memory and a local hard drive. It uses APU technology and GDDR5 memory, which is typically reserved for "top of the line, high end graphics cards."

The pillars of PS4 are Simple, Immediate, Social, Integrated and Personalized. PlayStation 4 supports suspending and reloading play sessions. The console has a secondary chip for uploading and downloading in the background. Digital games can be played as they are being downloaded.

The system supports seamless uploads of gameplay, spectating friends' gameplay sessions in real time as well as integrated chat. Players will have profile pages like Facebook integrated to the "full PlayStation ecosystem."

PlayStation 4 offers personalization and will "get to know you."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/ ... 4-revealed

Games: http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/Games
die

Re: PS4

Post by die » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Damn, it's coming out this holiday season?!
There is another Skywalker....
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 am

Not excited.

And what really gets me fired up about a future game is when they show non-playable cut scenes. The shit you'll be doing for 40 hours? Naaa, how about a really pretty cut scene instead.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
die

Post by die » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm

what pisses me of is the "possible future games" lists, like NEXT GRAND THEFT AUTO or RANDOM BETHESDA TITLE.

speculating on shit that is a given but has ZERO info on it. Like, if there's a new Microsoft system, I'm sure they'll be 4-8 Halo games for it during it's lifetime. Or Nintendo with NEXT GEN MARIO TITLE. I mean, come on, just say WE DON'T HAVE ANY ACTUAL FUCKING INFO.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 am

Everything about this console is ass so far. And they're basically rushing it early to be first out of the gate (which made Microsoft win with the 360), so it will have a library of like 8 games for the first year or so.

And if you wanna play any PS1, PS2, or PS3 games on it, you have to rebuy them o.0

And they were stupid enough to put Diablo III on it.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 pm

http://youtu.be/ww03Je35Bc0

hey look, actual game play from Killzone.

And Die, I also hate that list of games you know will come out with no other info on it, or the "blah blah software company is hiring for development on next-gen systems." NO FUCKING SHIT. oh really, they'll be making a new Call of Duty, the game that made $1 billion in a month? REALLY? The news would be if they weren't or didn't believe that there would be enough money in next-gen to start making games for it.

cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
die

Post by die » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm

touch pad and speaker in the middle and then start and select become options and share :?

looks like an old Direct TV box or something.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 pm

If I was diving into the next gen systems at launch, I'd go with PS4. Not hard, as I went with PS3 last time.

But i just went hard into PC, so it'll be awhile before I delve back into the console scene.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 am

die

Post by die » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:44 pm

There's been warnings of it for months, I think people pretty much knew it was coming.

it still sucks ass.

I guess once they saw they had XB1 beat, they got cocky enough to make it known.

This is why I ain't buying either one.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah, they've gotten it down to the $100 price difference being the only difference. I'm almost shocked that Sony isn't suddenly bundling in something else and bumping their price by $50.