2013 Gaming Systems

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
die

Re: 2013 Gaming Systems

Post by die » Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:
die wrote:So, I just noticed that the Nvidia Shield launches in June for $350. :shock:
You spelled "Neo Geo 2013" wrong

WELL PLAYED :lol:

I watched the press conference on Xbox One yesterday.

What a stupid ass name for the system, most people refer to the first Xbox as Xbox 1 much in the same way people referred to the first Playstation as PS1 so much so that Sony re-released it as PS One.

Why would MS want to go with something so confusing? I mean, Xbox fans fully expected the system to be Xbox720, hell they should've just went with it. If history has taught us anything it's : Give the people what they want

And overall, I have a bad feeling about all of this new shit that MS and Sony are talking about doing. I'm expecting TONS of issues. I'm beginning to think that I should get back into PC gaming as well, good point Sovi3t.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu May 23, 2013 7:20 am

The best part is Microsoft called the 360 the 360 instead of the Xbox 2, so people wouldn't think Xbox 2 was weaker than Playstation 3 (2 < 3 according to my latest research).

and now they name this one the Xbox One.

and thus Sony sent this out as an invite to their E3 press conference as a thank you for Microsoft's colossal fuckup:

lol playstation one...oh yeah, they already did that................*cough*

Bill Gates must be turning in his grave.

Oooops....I meant Scrooge McDuck money vault.

Robert Paulson wrote:
SoVi3t wrote:Used games require a fee equal to the game's launch price in order to play. This also means if your friend comes over and wants to play Madden, and you don't own it, you have to pay a fee to use his game.
That's not what they said. They said there would be a fee, but they didn't mention how much. Let's say the fee is $1 if you play the game with disc in and current price for disc-less. Would that stop you from buying a used game? No, but it would stop you from passing the game around to everyone to copy onto their hard drive. The other option might be to sign into your buddies Xbox and play Madden like that. Stopping you from taking a game to your friends house would hurt their sales because that's the best advertising there is.
No, they literally said the game fee would be equal to the price of the actual game. As in you would have to buy another copy to play on a profile that wasn't your own.
And also you don't think Sony will do exactly what Microsoft is doing on this? If Microsoft is pulling in one cent of extra cash from used game sales don't you think Sony would be on that scheme dick deep in their users too?
From what I've heard PS4 has the ability to do this, but they've gone on record saying they won't be doing it.
BTW how long did you think this used game thing was going to last? This is the last generation of buying the game at the store. You know why? All Microsoft or Sony has to do is throw the price down $5 online for the first week, include some stupid goody, and it'll kill in-store sales.
I dunno about you, but I can't always find a brand new copy of older games. Also I tend to trade games with friends.
They didn't say that either. There was a press release a few weeks ago that said no always online DRM for single player. And since they didn't address it today I'm going to assume the press release is still accurate.
lol the console itself is always online. Fucking google, amigo. Technically it has to check for an internet connection every day, but that's essentially the same shit. Still means you can't go to a cottage and play XBone without a connection to the web. And this doesn't only affect games. The console itself doesn't work without an internet connection.

oh, and it's always on, literally. So it's always listening and watching you, even when you turn it 'off'. Via the required Kinect which you better pray never breaks.

Microsoft shot themselves in the foot, with a rocket launcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

the entire press conference, was barely about games and all about making tv...accessible? Seriously, this is basically being marketed as an entertainment hub for our dads (both of them, in the case of Repo Man), rather than a gaming console.

And the hardware itself is fucking awful compared to the PS4. 8GB of DDR3 ram, with THREE dedicated to THREE separate OS's.

The only thing it doesn't do is fuck your girlfriend/wife while you're at work. Probably watches her fuck other dudes though, via Kinect.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 am

I went down to the Microsoft and Sony stores today to take a peak at this console.

PS4:
First the dumbest thing, they are using a sports game to demo the system, Fifa soccer. It looked smooth with all the independent characters on the screen. But it's not the game I wanted to see a preview of (Hey Sony, how about a console exclusive!). The differences between the PS3 image quality and the PS4 isn't that striking, I didn't walk out going "holy hell that looks great," but I think it might have been the game choice rather than the machine. It looked like a cheap port of the PS3 game and not something designed with next-gen in mind.

I'm actually kind of shocked that they didn't have a big display about the PS4. Just the game boxes, and one console hooked up in the middle of the store.

Xbone:
Again they have one game on the thing, and it's Forza Motorsports. A game that I'll never enjoy. It's pretty visually but it's a game about driving a car on a track. Again why not Ryse, or anything that shows more than the dashboard of a car.

As far as the way it looks, it's smoother way more detailed than the 360. But I don't know if it's $500 smoother. Just like the PS4 I didn't walk away thinking "wow." Again that's probably because 60% of the screen is the interior of a car. But they did have a 360 hooked up right beside the the new console which made it easy to spot the difference. They didn't have the Kinect activated, so you couldn't play with it (I picture too many people shouting "Xbox Stop... making me watch people play this shitty game"). On the other hand the Xbox will function perfectly without the Kinect being hooked up, so that's nice to know. I also liked the Smartglass connection. So you can use your laptop or tablet, or smart phone to type, which sounds great when it comes to putting in passwords, or typing in a title on Netflix.

Also the M$ display was WAY better than Sony's. It was in the front of the store, they had a dude that was standing there answering questions and showing off features. There were about 15 people randomly standing around looking at it.

I know you guys are all dissing next-gen right now, but you'll all probably bow down to at least one of these two before this gen is over.

Anyone gotten to see these systems yet and willing to admit it?

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 pm

everything that is Tyler Durden in me is fighting the urge to get a credit card and buy one of those new super hi def tvs and the ps4 :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:
I know you guys are all dissing next-gen right now, but you'll all probably bow down to at least one of these two before this gen is over.

Anyone gotten to see these systems yet and willing to admit it?
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. People aren't "dissing next-gen" right now as in terms of not wanting it or wanting the games, it's more about the cost and production issues at this point. Of course I know I'll buy both eventually, but after sinking so much money into last gen, I'm not jumping into anything just yet. I mean... My PS3 system died...my 360 died...my Wii was a gimmicky shovelware system with few must-owns and Gamecube graphics that they tried to get me to replace with another gimicky system and the letter "U" after it's name. I also bought PSP and NDS but I didn't buy 3DS or Vita.

These new systems look great, they can do alot and the games I've seen look nice but they are expensive as fuck and these companies have track records of the first batches of their systems being defective, buggy or in need of some form of upgrading (with upgraded models hitting the market with bigger hard drives, redesigns and price drops).

This is why I'm in "wait and see" mode right now. I'm still pissed over both of my systems having deaths within about a month of each other. :mrt:
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:28 am

Yeah totally agree. Wait for the dust to settle.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 am

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/22/micros ... -to-do-it/

On the good side both consoles sold 1 million units in 24 hours. I think that's going to help next-gen game development. Looks like console gaming isn't dying anytime soon.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.