Favorite Xbox Live Arcade titles

Get some skillz and kill some peepz.
Kos4Evr

Favorite Xbox Live Arcade titles

Post by Kos4Evr » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm

So I was playing this awesome demo for a game called Dust when it made me wonder what Xbox Live Arcade titles you guys enjoyed the most. Some of the games I find myself enjoying are original titles, some of them are remakes of older titles and some of them are ports of arcade games or even games I loved to play on my Dreamcast.

Limbo was a game that was dark and moody but really fun to play and yet still very difficult too.

I loved Earthworm Jim HD because it brings back all of the original wierdness with sharper graphics and even adds some multiplayer to the mix.

I had to get Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. I loved them on the dreamcast so it was a no brainer.

I got Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection which features MK1, MK2 and Ultimate MK3 and thankfully leaves out the garbage that was MK4.

I also had to get Castlevania Symphony of the Night when it was released on XBox live since I missed its Playstation and Saturn releases.

I got both the TMNT 1989 arcade port and the Turtles in Time remake. I was also thrilled to get the Xmen arcade port as well. While I did download the demo of the Simpsons arcade game I haven't gotten the full version yet.

So what are some of your favorite games to play that you bought from Xbox live arcade?
Zytorg777

Re: Favorite Xbox Live Arcade titles

Post by Zytorg777 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

the simpsons arcade game is awesome!!!!
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 pm

All those you mentioned are good, Kos. Also, gotta throw in "Braid", that was a clever idea for a game. Check it out if you haven't already. Also:

Discs of Tron
Rocketbirds: Hard Boiled Chicken
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Lumines
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Bionic Commando Re-armed

I'm sure I'll think of more later, lol.
There is another Skywalker....
Kos4Evr

Post by Kos4Evr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Zytorg777 wrote:the simpsons arcade game is awesome!!!!
Yeah it was a great game. Fun and easy to play taking a successful formula, popular franchise and adding new mechanics like the teamup attack. Could never get enough of that game back in the day but it was rare to find. So many people were hoping it would be ported to a console but it didn't happen til now.
mattrix33

Post by mattrix33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 am

FEZ just won game of 2012 on Eurogamer but it never interested me at all...anyone here play it
Acidevil

Post by Acidevil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:51 pm

I played the FEZ demo with teh kids. It was alright, but didn't compel me to buy it. I read that the game has a major bug that won't be fixed. Apparently MS was going to recharge the developer the publishing fee, making the bug fix cost ineffective.

I still play Robotron 2084 and Geometry Wars, and really enjoyed Shadow Complex. Another unpopular choice is Space Giraffe.
mattrix33

Post by mattrix33 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

You and bloody space giraffe....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Monday Night Combat is actually hella fun too.

And I love board games, so Catan was a day one grab for me.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I haven't even heard of Space Giraffe. I'll least least have to look into it. The name alone has me bothered enough to satisfy my curiosity.
There is another Skywalker....
Acidevil

Post by Acidevil » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Download the demo of Space Giraffe first, if available. Its basically another Jeff Minter take on Tempest, no everybody's cup of tea.