Those who never sold out

Post funny stuff plus also Sovi3t may threaten to murder you lmao
Zytorg777

Those who never sold out

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 pm

I think this thread, an opposite of Die's thread, could have some potential.

JOHN STOCKTON

Let us be real honest with ourselves. This dude could have been rolling in D crevices and snapping up the endorsements. This was the Great White Hope. Do you know what he did instead? He quietly stayed with the same team for 19 years, and only missed 22 games. Know what else? Made the dream team, the NBA all-time top 50 players list. He also holds the all-time record for steals and assists. The point is this: The dude kept it real. He didnt care about fame. He would drop his kids off at school and then show up to practice in a literal mini-van. He is your favorite point guard's favorite point guard, and my personal all-time favorite sportster. Say what you want about the short-shorts, but this dude kept it real. For his whole career.

Let us be honest further....in this douchebaggery sports world, is this sort of integrity and humility not worth a more in-depth character study? Can someone besides myself put over J. Stock?

BILL WATTERSON

so...Calvin and Hobbes was your fav cartoon? Mine too. Meet the genius who penned it. The more you dig into this man's character the more it becomes enligthening. The long story short, This man turned down the licenscing of his creation because he knew it would water it down, and it would mean he was selling his art out. FYI: at the time, the contract was worth an estimated 350 million dollars. So, here is another example of a man who was offered all the selling out he could want, and chose to keep it real with his particular values.

Hope this thread becomes a place we can learn about how to be better men. And maybe then parlay that into getting S666t F666r laid with a real woman?
Last edited by Zytorg777 on Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
lionheart

Re: Those who never sold out

Post by lionheart » Wed May 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Has legs.

BILL BELICHICK

"Oh, he's a cheater!"

"Only because of Brady..."

"AMG Spygate Deflategate DERP DERP DERP!"

5 Super Bowl trophies. 7 AFC Conference Championships. 6 CONSECUTIVE AFCCG appearances. 13 Playoff Berths in 14 seasons. 200+ wins at a (at press-time) 0.739 winning percentage.

He also won 11 games in his season with MATT FUCKING CASSELL, and is 14-7 without Tom Brady (0.667, which would be third highest behind all active coaches).

The best coach in modern sports history. When you factor in the difficulty of the salary cap, free agency regulations, and the parity by design that is the NFL, Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of ALL FUCKING TIME.

Son of a Navy coach, he still keeps Annapolis roots strong. He is famously loyal to friends, which is surprisingly a very large number of active coaches across the NFL and BCS, such as Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh (who got his start in Baltimore on Bill's recommendation), Sean Payton, Marvin Lewis, Doug Marrone, and many more.

When coaches try to succeed in his wake, it is quickly obvious that aside fromBill O'Brien, they were feasting off the brilliance of Belichick and aren't actual geniuses themselves. See: Josh McDaniels in Denver, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennell, Eric Mangini, Scott Pioli.

Belichick has repeatedly outfoxed the league by just being smarter, better prepared, and more creative; his tutelage led to more rule changes by butthurt opponents than any peer by a landslide. The interpretation of defensive holding, the ability of offensive linemen to line up in eligible positions, the tempo of the no-huddle offense, the interpretation of the modern pick play all stemmed from Belichick outflanking opponents who didn't understand the rules.

Flash? Fuck flash. Belichick wins with a maniacal attention to detail, a brutally honest self assessment of his own talent (see shipping Jamie Collins to Cleveland last year for a box of powdered donuts; who thought that would work?), and keen eye for spotting and exploiting the tendencies of lazy organizations. He'll look like a fat old slob, be a surly cunt in interviews, and then whip your fucking ass and steal your girlfriend.

(OK, maybe he sold out a smidge to get his GF, but whatever)
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri May 05, 2017 1:46 am

TSG never sold out.
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:48 pm

Rick Moranis

Straight G. This guy was cleaning up in Hollywood (although a little typecast) back in the 80's and 90's. You remember him. He was all over everything, and then he disappeared. Why?

Because his wife died unexpectedly of cancer at an early age, and he decided to turn his back on the spotlight and stay at home and raise his kids.

Here he is quoted:
He felt that the adage, “90 percent of success is just being there” to be true. “When my kids came home, there was music, and there were lights on, and there were great smells coming out of the kitchen,” he said. “And it was just a joyful place to be, and that’s what I wanted.”

Much props, Rick. We thank you and your children thank you.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 am

This thread is way better than the one I started.

I almost want to mention The Undertaker. I mean, I'm willing to bet WCW wanted him so badly during the Monday Night Wars. He probably would've turned down ANY offer.

But then he had to go and put Roman Reigns over.
There is another Skywalker....