This CAN be life thread

Post funny stuff plus also Sovi3t may threaten to murder you lmao
die

This CAN be life thread

Post by die » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:43 pm

I love it when it's business as usual...when things go just the way you figured they would...when things are as they should be.

Example:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1687268/pictur ... oes-viral/

... like M. Knight Shaymalan's movies are supposed to suck balls.
... like a HHH match should end with a kneelift and Pedigree (or sledgehammer DQ)
... like Jenna Haze swallowing

I just love it when things make perfect sense.

I like to go "yup".
There is another Skywalker....
PhreakyMex

Re: This CAN be life thread

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Just a sign that all things are right in the universe...
die

Post by die » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 pm

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-i ... 15042.html

I'm just looking for little glimmers of hope like this.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 pm

They are coming out with a Star Wars trilogy and keeping Lucas the fuck away from it.
Comic Book movies have come out en masse, and many are actually really, really good.
TV Quality has absolutely skyrocketed in my lifetime, with a ton of amazing stuff coming out in the last 5-10 years.
Instagram was invented to give sluts a license to show their titties off.
Yoga Pants.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:18 am

lionheart wrote: Snapchat was invented to give sluts a license to show their titties off.

Fixed that for ya
die

Post by die » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:16 am

lionheart wrote:They are coming out with a Star Wars trilogy and keeping Lucas the fuck away from it.
Comic Book movies have come out en masse, and many are actually really, really good.
TV Quality has absolutely skyrocketed in my lifetime, with a ton of amazing stuff coming out in the last 5-10 years.
Instagram was invented to give sluts a license to show their titties off.
Yoga Pants.

Well said.

I feel a bit better now.
die

Post by die » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:33 am

This could go in either thread tbh. But yeah, it is to be expected... expect more as well:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-shot-k ... 13892.html
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:40 am

Is if Stand Your Ground wasn't bad enough, now babies got Stand Your Playground?

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:29 pm

:atch:
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:19 pm

Just another instance showing why on-body carry should be practiced...or somebody will carry your body off.
die

Post by die » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Yeah, but I also think about the last time I was in Wal-Mart and saw this 600lb fatbastard walking around with a gun on his side and thought "Wow, somebody could take this dudes gun and empty the clip into everybody on aisle 6 before he even knew it."

Also, you'd think that with the popularity of people carrying handguns now, the criminal element would be a bit less likely to try strong armed robberies for fear that their victims might be carrying but it doesn't seem like it has impacted them yet as they would appear to be on the rise. :atch:

I'm all for people being able to defend themselves, but with some of these fucktards out there now, there is going to be some rules to who can and can't carry as well as when and where they can't.

There's going to be some dumb shit happening.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 pm

I'd like to see licenses to carry AND drive require a new test every five years. How many 90 year olds can actually see what the hell is going on while they're driving 45 on the highway?

Both guns and cars are WILDLY dangerous in the wrong hands. You should have to have your competency confirmed every five years.

(File this under "never in a zillion years" since the elderly and gun toters get out to vote)
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:27 pm

die wrote:Yeah, but I also think about the last time I was in Wal-Mart and saw this 600lb fatbastard walking around with a gun on his side and thought "Wow, somebody could take this dudes gun and empty the clip into everybody on aisle 6 before he even knew it."
This is why I don't carry openly as a general rule. Sure, I do it from time-to-time, but only when I know I'm heading to private property or to the shooting range. I don't like making a spectacle of myself...sort of the gray man argument, I guess, as I personally think most of those people doing it are more attention whores than anything. But I support the right to do so, if only for the deterrence factor.
die wrote:Also, you'd think that with the popularity of people carrying handguns now, the criminal element would be a bit less likely to try strong armed robberies for fear that their victims might be carrying but it doesn't seem like it has impacted them yet as they would appear to be on the rise. :atch:
As firearm ownership in the USA has skyrocketed in recent years, violent crimes with firearms has plummeted: from 200,000,000 firearms and 1,300,000 violent crimes using them in 1994 to 300,000,000 firearms owned compared to 350,000 violent crimes using guns in 2011, per the US Bureau of Justice Statistics. In contrast, handgun crime in the UK has doubled since they were outlawed in 1998. While this is totally a correlation, I don't think it's been a problem. Seeing as these gun numbers are from traced legal sales, it should make sense, as anyone buying in this manner passed a background check prior to do so. Consider also the average of 2+million defensive gun uses per year versus 1.3 million 20 years ago or 350K just a few years back. I think they're getting the message.
die wrote:I'm all for people being able to defend themselves, but with some of these fucktards out there now, there is going to be some rules to who can and can't carry as well as when and where they can't.
Every state in the union and most municipalities have laws regarding this; I don't know where you get the idea that there aren't. One of the biggest problems today is that there are 50 sets of rules set by states, a set by the feds, and miscellaneous sets by municipalities where state law doesn't trump them. You have to be a Philadelphia lawyer (or have a resource) to keep up with all that bullshit. In my case, I had to pass NICS every time I bought something new, and to have a concealed carry permit had to pass a full background check by the state police and put my fingerprints on file. For enhanced carry, I had to pass an approved safety course. Of course, none of this is actually required...I could illegally carry anywhere I wanted. But I submit to the law, as do the vast majority of gun owners and carriers.
die wrote:There's going to be some dumb shit happening.
A woman with a gun in an open purse and letting a kid play in it was deadly dumb. It's a shame but hardly common. Another problem is the perception of guns: remember the guy at Walmart a while back who picked up a pellet run shaped like an AR-15 off the shelf, some asshole called the cops, and then the asshole cops shot him pre-emptively? Or, even better, like the kids playing with toy guns who got shot after people reported them and cops took no chances. After that outcry, there were reports of crooks responding by sticking shotguns inside Super Soakers for camouflage and painting their Hi-Points in bright colors...more jackassery.
lionheart wrote:I'd like to see licenses to carry AND drive require a new test every five years. How many 90 year olds can actually see what the hell is going on while they're driving 45 on the highway?

Both guns and cars are WILDLY dangerous in the wrong hands. You should have to have your competency confirmed every five years.

(File this under "never in a zillion years" since the elderly and gun toters get out to vote)
Driving is not a constitutionally-protected, natural right, so I agree with you about testing for that. Particularly since, excluding natural death, 3% of all deaths in the United States are from vehicular accidents vs. 1% result from death by firearm, which includes accidental discharges and suicide, per this.
die

Post by die » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Every state in the union and most municipalities have laws regarding this; I don't know where you get the idea that there aren't. One of the biggest problems today is that there are 50 sets of rules set by states, a set by the feds, and miscellaneous sets by municipalities where state law doesn't trump them. You have to be a Philadelphia lawyer (or have a resource) to keep up with all that bullshit. In my case, I had to pass NICS every time I bought something new, and to have a concealed carry permit had to pass a full background check by the state police and put my fingerprints on file. For enhanced carry, I had to pass an approved safety course. Of course, none of this is actually required...I could illegally carry anywhere I wanted. But I submit to the law, as do the vast majority of gun owners and carriers.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying too...there is obviously a problem with the current laws. You basically just agreed with me. Like LH said, there are laws, they just don't cover shit like they should and aren't going to truly be enforced.

Anybody could put a gun on their hip and walk into Wal-Mart. I mean, they aren't even being checked by anybody at the store.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Oddly enough, you can't do it in Texas, of all places.