"Clusterfuck"

This is where fights get placed and feelings get hurt...
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue May 31, 2005 2:31 pm

n-MITY wrote:Star Wars Enthusiasts...* Your sextology has finally ended. Shut up and go to your own rooms with the talk of it now. George officially raped the planet, let's quit thinking about it.
Translation:

Dear TSG Members,

I hate you all.

Love,

n-MITY
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue May 31, 2005 2:55 pm

I hate to be old and tired here but

N-mity

Why must you hate?

*snickers* :D :D
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue May 31, 2005 5:45 pm

PhreakyMex wrote:I hate to be old and tired here but

N-mity

Why must you hate?
Keep in mind, he was born too late to see the original films when they first came out. By the time he got to them, they'd already been ripped off a bazillion times. Kind of like trying to "get" the Beatles after you've listened to all the Monkees' records.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Tue May 31, 2005 6:38 pm

He probably is having a hard time understanding why you guys talk about a trilogy of movies like it's real.

Did George Washington really cross the seas of Dagobah?

Was Abraham Lincoln really assasinated by Lobot?

They are movies. George Lucas makes them. Enjoy them.

Unless you are convinced your ideas are better. In that case, please make a better version and call me when the Death Star is completed again.
n-MITY

Post by n-MITY » Tue May 31, 2005 7:12 pm

:lol:

Repo pretty much hammered it. (He also owned my soul with that last post of his)

Years ago, as a kid, right when the special edition trilogy was first coming to theaters, I had never seen Star Wars at all. So, before taking me to see those, my dad showed me all of the originals. They rocked. Then I saw the SE trilogy, and loved that too. Years later, the new trilogy was introduced and I saw those as each of them came out. Technically I was never "behind". At one point as a kid, I was even a pretty hardcore SW enthusiast.

But now, as a 20 year old, I'm not. I watch the movies, go about my day, and don't really attempt to dissect them any further than what's explained on film. I mean, of course I've said "It would've been cooler if..." a few times, but not as an entire topic of discussion, especially when you start waxing chronological shit on me. Then it's just non-sense, as Repo described.

Not really hating though. :wink:
"I don't want to completely destroy you, I hope that through our arguments you become smarter and/or more like myself."--die
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue May 31, 2005 9:32 pm

Yes, people who post on the internet about sports are so much cooler than people who post on the internet about movies.

Jesus Christ, get a fucking grip here and get off of your hypocritical high horse. You're just as big a nerd as the rest of us, its just that you nerd-out over different shit than we do.
n-MITY

Post by n-MITY » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:45 am

RobotJerk wrote:Yes, people who post on the internet about sports are so much cooler than people who post on the internet about movies.

Jesus Christ, get a fucking grip here and get off of your hypocritical high horse. You're just as big a nerd as the rest of us, its just that you nerd-out over different shit than we do.
Except I never re-wrote the playoffs in my own preferred format. :roll:

Nerd.
"I don't want to completely destroy you, I hope that through our arguments you become smarter and/or more like myself."--die
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:46 am

m-SHITTY wrote: Except I never re-wrote the playoffs in my own preferred format.
Yeah, sports fans never say they'd have preferred to see one thing happen instead of something else...

Good one.
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:20 pm

Boy, I never knew George Lucas was the girlfriend who keeps fucking Jerk over and makes him deaf to all reason.......
die

Post by die » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:31 pm

I'll put it to you like this. I liked watching wrestling, but I never understood the "fantasy wrestling" stuff. Just like how I enjoy sex, but I can't grasp why anybody would want to have "cyber sex". I don't get the "fantasy" stuff and I don't get the stuff where the dudes dress up like jedi and act out parts and stuff.

As far as discussing movies go, we all do that shit. Some of us less gayer than others.
There is another Skywalker....
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 pm

So we agree that writing out alternate versions of space movies is one step away from addressing William Shatner as "Admiral" in real life?
die

Post by die » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:41 pm

Yes, but then again, knowing who "Lobot" is doesn't exactly put you in the bed with cheerleaders either.
There is another Skywalker....
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:48 pm

I can talk shop on many a topic, that does not make me a Scout Trooper or a Gammorean Guard.

Lobot was the plainest SW action figure I owned. He was like Lando's personal white slave.
n-MITY

Post by n-MITY » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah, sports fans never say they'd have preferred to see one thing happen instead of something else...
Not on paper, unless they're getting paid for it.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:34 pm

n-MITY wrote:
Not on paper, unless they're getting paid for it.
So then all those free Fantasy Football Leagues are a figment of our collective imagination?
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"