True or False?

THE BESTEST STUFFS OF THE EVERS!!11!
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:54 pm

False, the Sox won't repeat this year but they still have a great team.
False, the sixers now have someone downlow who can produce for them and take the pressure off of AI.
True, they don't need another shooter on their team, they need to go after someone who can defend the ball everynight even if he doesn't produce any offense. They score enough points as it is.

T or F: The Spurs shouldn't have gotten rid of Malik.
Blakk_Majik

Post by Blakk_Majik » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:48 pm

MrJ2006 wrote: T or F: The Spurs shouldn't have gotten rid of Malik.
False. I liked Rose, but it looks like Muhammed might end up being a better back-up for Duncan. And it doesn't matter what bench players they trade, as long as Ginobli, Parker, and Duncan remain, teh Spurs > your favorite team.

And I'd just like to say that: Moss+Curry+Porter > your favorite defense.

True or False: If you're still hating on LeBron after this season, you're just jealous and suck at life.

Bonus T/F: Even the "new 76ers" will get it up the ass from "Flash" and "Superman".
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:33 am

True, LeBron is a great player and look at Cleveland right now, lookin' like they could make it to the 2nd round this year. True, the Faders have some nice receivers but they will still suck this year.

T or F: The Knicks are going to be fucked for the next few years.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:53 pm

True, especially with Isaiah Thomas as their GM

True or False, Steroids will dominate baseball talk for the entire season.
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:02 am

Unfortunatly I believe this will be true since Bonds is so close to Babe Ruth and the media will be covering that. With that said, everything related to Bonds will have some tie-in with steroids.

T or F: Alexander will not be playing in Seahawk blue this year.
Ghas_man

Post by Ghas_man » Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 pm

probably False.

T or F: Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in the history of sports. Why do I say this? Well, all I hear on ESPN is "coach Jackson won't go to ______ because there aren't any superstars there."

Oh, so the guy only coaches a team if they have a Michael Jordan, Kobe, Shaq type player.

yeah, he's amazing.

bonus T or F: Chris Webber is the most overrated player in the history of basketball, college and[/b] pro.
Blakk_Majik

Post by Blakk_Majik » Thu May 05, 2005 9:24 am

Ghas_man wrote:probably False.

T or F: Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach in the history of sports. Why do I say this? Well, all I hear on ESPN is "coach Jackson won't go to ______ because there aren't any superstars there."

Oh, so the guy only coaches a team if they have a Michael Jordan, Kobe, Shaq type player.

yeah, he's amazing.

bonus T or F: Chris Webber is the most overrated player in the history of basketball, college and[/b] pro.

False. It takes a great coach to inspire even great players to perform. Just look at the Pistons. Even though they have an oustanding team, they didn't become defending champs until Larry Brown made with the discipline. Same thing with Pat Riley when he coached the Lakers. Phil Jackson has 9 rings that says he's a great coach. That automatically gives him an official "I Can Coach Wherever I Want" pass for the rest of his life.

#2. Also false. That award is currently held by Melo himself. He wasn't THAT great at Syracuse, and his off and on NBA play makes me wonder whether or not he will spend his career living in King James' shadow. But the most overrated NBA player has to be Kobe.

True or False: Not even the mighty Diesel will deny the Pistons of a repeat.

Bonus: Phoenix cannot win the West without playing defense. Their "run'n'gun" style may have gotten them past the Grizzlies, but a defensively sound team like the Spurs or Sonics will end up owning them.
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:26 am

True and True, the Lakers got beat by em' so they have a good shot at beating the Heat too. The Suns have a good shot but they do need to play just a little better defense. So do the Sonics, it's gonna be tough to beat the Spurs but as long as they keep their defense up then they have a good shot with the Spurs.

True or False: The Sonics will be dead again and need Ray Allen to come up big in the next series.

Bonus: Beltre will have a horrible year with the Mariners.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri May 06, 2005 1:48 pm

I call False on the Sonics... dont know what they'll pull out of their asses next.

True: Teh Mariners=teh suck anyway

True or False: The Mavs will ch ch ch choke and lose game seven tomorrow.

Bonus T or F: Then the Rockets will be Pwned by the Suns in the semi's.
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Fri May 13, 2005 7:10 am

Well I think that the Mavericks will win it by 40 and then start off 1-1 against the suns, IMO.

T or F: The Sonics will play hard like tonight and make this series very fun to watch.
Blakk_Majik

Post by Blakk_Majik » Fri May 13, 2005 4:48 pm

MrJ2006 wrote: T or F: The Sonics will play hard like tonight and make this series very fun to watch.
I hope this is true. As much as I want the Spurs to win, I still want it to be competitive. Last nights game was fucking fantastic, going down to the wire. Kudos to the Sonics. Like I said, I'm looking for this series to go at least six games.

T or F: This is the first time in years that both the East and West have had multiple legitimate championship contenders.

Bonus T/F: The Wizards are gonna get swept.
$nave

Post by $nave » Fri May 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Blakk_Majik wrote: T or F: This is the first time in years that both the East and West have had multiple legitimate championship contenders.

Bonus T/F: The Wizards are gonna get swept.
True, last year nobody outside Detroit gave the Pistons a chance to even get one game from the Lakers. So this year the Heat and Pistons are legit contenders whereas last year the east was viewed as the JV league.

True, the wizards will get swept, as long as Wade doesn't catch "Kwame Brown flu"

How can you take a day off without injury in the Playoffs?

T/F: ESPN fucked up last night by showing a Sonics fan giving the Spurs the double bird salute and not breaking away from it. Also, they should not have shown Ray Allen cussing at Bruce Bowen.
Blakk_Majik

Post by Blakk_Majik » Sun May 29, 2005 10:13 am

$nave wrote: T/F: ESPN fucked up last night by showing a Sonics fan giving the Spurs the double bird salute and not breaking away from it. Also, they should not have shown Ray Allen cussing at Bruce Bowen.
I will agree. ESPN is only good for two things, watching Poker tournaments, and even then they are starting to get owned by The Travel Channel, and finding out if T.O. will show up to training camp.

True or False: At this point, it's safe to say that the real Western Conference Finals happened when the Spurs played the Sonics.

Bonus T/F: Miami vs. Detroit will go 7 games, with the big D pulling it out in the end as they always do.
MrJ2006

Post by MrJ2006 » Mon May 30, 2005 6:58 am

True. I really wish that the Sonics would've had both Lewis and Radman for the whole series; but injuries are something that we have to deal with. It was a great series though and I loved watching every game of it. Fucking Vitaly Potapinko, the possible demise of the Sonics for years to come.

False. The Heat will take this series in 6. I think that Detroit will make this such a great series to watch since we already know that the Suns arn't gonna do shit. I hope the Heat will win and I think that this series is gonna be hard fought.

T or F: The Sonics need to sign Ray Ray and Mr. Sonic, Nate McMillan if we want to have a shot next season.
Blakk_Majik

Post by Blakk_Majik » Mon May 30, 2005 8:58 am

MrJ2006 wrote:True. I really wish that the Sonics would've had both Lewis and Radman for the whole series; but injuries are something that we have to deal with. It was a great series though and I loved watching every game of it. Fucking Vitaly Potapinko, the possible demise of the Sonics for years to come.

False. The Heat will take this series in 6. I think that Detroit will make this such a great series to watch since we already know that the Suns arn't gonna do shit. I hope the Heat will win and I think that this series is gonna be hard fought.

T or F: The Sonics need to sign Ray Ray and Mr. Sonic, Nate McMillan if we want to have a shot next season.
In response to your first answer, it says alot about the Sonics and the players on that team when they can be missing a guy like Lewis and still go toe to toe with the Spurs. As a SA fan, it's really a scary thought to think how the series might have turned out if Lewis and Rad had both been healthy.

Anyway, true. However, if Ray will only sign the for the max contract, they need to boot him out of Seattle. Ray is a good player, but he's getting past his prime. Seattle would be much better off playing the Free Agent game with all that money, and signing at least two quality players. Isn't KG a free agent this year? :twisted:

Nate McMillan is the man, and deserves another contract. I don't care if he asks for, as a signing bonus, a summer home in Jamaica with trained monkeys that will wait on him hand and foot, they better sign that man for at least 3 more years!

True or False: The lottery in this year's NBA draft will be a class reunion for all of UNC's starting lineup.