GR kills braincells

THE BESTEST STUFFS OF THE EVERS!!11!
Post Reply
User avatar
RockHard
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:52 am
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Post by RockHard » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:19 pm

I'm the tool?I'm not the one running away from message boards and creating my own so me and 5 other guys can make 2 posts a week and pay money for it :lol:

And whats even more stupid is you guys obviously still lurk there yet you don't post,you must want to keep up with everyone there or you wouldn't go there at all,heh.
User avatar
$nave
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:53 am
Location: :$V:
Contact:

Post by $nave » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:31 am

RockHard wrote:I'm the tool?I'm not the one running away from message boards and creating my own so me and 5 other guys can make 2 posts a week and pay money for it :lol:

And whats even more stupid is you guys obviously still lurk there yet you don't post,you must want to keep up with everyone there or you wouldn't go there at all,heh.
WTF @ "running away"... If your friend starts acting gay towards you and and starts "touching your pepe'" but you are not gay, do continue to hang out with him? How about no? If me, H8, and Die "ran away" because tGR became gay, then so be it... this place only costs about 7 bucks a year, so that's chump change. This place is slow, but I'd have to say that it's content is 100 times better than tGR... this place is an upgrade over the ole board due to you can say what you want and not get modded.

Believe me, we have a fair share of lurkers with ip's I recongize... and they don't even have accounts here :o
User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 1790
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:13 am
Location: San Diego

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:39 am

RockHard wrote:I'm the tool?I'm not the one running away from message boards and creating my own so me and 5 other guys can make 2 posts a week and pay money for it :lol:

And whats even more stupid is you guys obviously still lurk there yet you don't post,you must want to keep up with everyone there or you wouldn't go there at all,heh.
:roll: I've noticed a trend here.

Are they paying you to say this? hopefully it's more than $7 a year.

So if someone on tGR said, "damn I'm a gay bastard"

and someone came here and said "damn that guy at tGR is a gay bastard"

would you be like "no he means gay in the happy way"?

because that is what you are doing. People are laying out the ways on this one thread that it sucked there i.e. mods are locking threads on things that they don't aggree on, and then backing up what they say with quotes. Now I may not be the smartest man in the world but as your exageration about the lack of posts indicates, for some reason you don't like that people you don't know are making fun of other people you don't know in one thread on a msg board? am I right?
User avatar
die
Posts: 14859
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Apartment Complex of Dicks

Post by die » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:44 pm

2 things for GR's Knight in Shiney FUBU Armor...

again, #1 you're a tool

#2 This thread has come full circle since you posted in the begininng, tried to play Cap'n Save-a-hoe & proved you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about (as you've just showcased again).

RockHard wrote:I'm the tool?I'm not the one running away from message boards and creating my own so me and 5 other guys can make 2 posts a week and pay money for it :lol:
Yes, you are the tool.

Again, Yes, I still go by GR sometimes. If you weren't so countrydumb, you'd notice I've mentioned that in this very thread several times.. I post there sometimes too, dumbass (go check if you doubt me). I really don't know what kind of point you're trying to prove here other than just being a tool . I hate to again be the one to prove how utterly frickin stupid you are, but this is H8's website. I was invited here by him (who set it up & owns it) and liked it much better than GR. There are also other message board that I enjoy posting at rather than GR, so I guess that means somehow that I'm "running away" because I spend more time at better websites? Alot of people who used to post @ LOP also post more here now simply because they enjoy an open discussion wiith no queer rules and pussy staff.


And whats even more stupid is you guys obviously still lurk there yet you don't post,you must want to keep up with everyone there or you wouldn't go there at all,heh.
Well no shit...what is the name of this thread? :lol:

That should've been a dead giveaway for you.

Just a few weeks back, Me & N-mity were laughing our asses off at some of the pictures over there (special thanks to you for being a big part of that). $nave posted over there a while back & even though he violated none of GR's rules at all, of course the thread he posted in completely vanished.

did I mention you're a tool? :?:
Image
There is another Skywalker....
User avatar
RockHard
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:52 am
Location: Kentucky
Contact:

Post by RockHard » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:16 pm

I don't know what I'm talking about?

This entire stuff started over a thread about a fucking picture resolution and if the final game would look like that.You guys made like a 10 page argument over that and in between there someones post got edited or something and then everyone ran off.If it that isn't what started all this,then ok I guess I'm wrong,but that is the only time I ever saw any kind of problems with you guys and the mods at GR.

And why all this "GR Knight in FUBU armor" blah blah blah,I don't care if you all bad mouth them or whatever,I simply find it funny that you guys seemingly hold a grudge against some internet people on a message board.

And I'm glad I could give you some comic relief,you keep throwing that into all your posts like I care what a pot head and some other guy on a message board think about me,I don't recall ever saying hey here I am,RH the model! :lol:

http://www.thegamingrevolution.com/foru ... nderground

See,the whole thing started over some the most stupid shit I've ever seen on a message board.I'm sure H8 really had to prove a point that NFS:Underground wouldn't look exactly like those pictures :lol: And I'm the tool?Come talk to me when I'm making stupid arguments like that.
User avatar
Repo Man
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:52 pm

I don't know what you're talking about, but it sure sounds funny.

Funny in a "cyber-space is not real life but I am crying while I'm typing because you guys are pooping on me and my nintendo friends."


See?

This is why you are failing gym and lunch. You are using up all your energy to fight this battle against people on the internet. People who you will never see or really know.


I may need to speak to your parents. Someone is asleep at the wheel over there in Kentucky.
Image
User avatar
die
Posts: 14859
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Apartment Complex of Dicks

Post by die » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why we even ever expect you to ever catch on. You just never "get it", do you?
This entire stuff started over a thread about a fucking picture resolution and if the final game would look like that.You guys made like a 10 page argument over that and in between there someones post got edited or something and then everyone ran off.If it that isn't what started all this,then ok I guess I'm wrong,but that is the only time I ever saw any kind of problems with you guys and the mods at GR.
That certainly was not it, that was just a small sample of the gayness (notice in the link you posted, staff gets the final word in before locking it). You ever think that the only reason why you didn't "see" any other problems is because shit got locked/edited/deleted/moved? Even as GR's highest posting member/chief screenshot poster/guy who keeps Nintendo section alive/guy who defends them on other message boards, you are not allowed access to the staff archives (AKA "Where we put the posts that made staff look bad")

So, yes...you do not know what you are talking about.
And why all this "GR Knight in FUBU armor" blah blah blah,I don't care if you all bad mouth them or whatever,I simply find it funny that you guys seemingly hold a grudge against some internet people on a message board.
See... there you go with this "grudge" stuff again. I don't see you addressing the peeps with the real grudge (namely Nechrome & stixx, who visit here but never post & always have something negative to say about TSG on GR). Hell, DB wrote me a pissy PM here & left to never come back after getting pwned in this very thread. :lol:

What could I possibly hold a grudge for? Look, we left staff for 2 reasons..

#1 We were paying like $45 a piece for GR before people started quitting staff. As h8 already pointed out in this thread, that does not add up right.

#2 We had to vote on things in the staff section and it got gay. The sports section got veto'd even though I posted a poll & GR members wanted it. After TSG got a sports section, then GR got one. :lol:

truth is (as already pointed out) those dudes held a grudge against us because we dipped out on paying and another year of disagreeing with them on their weepy tactics. Just because we post in one thread joking about some of the tactics there means we have a grudge over one thread getting locked or edited?

See,the whole thing started over some the most stupid shit I've ever seen on a message board.I'm sure H8 really had to prove a point that NFS:Underground wouldn't look exactly like those pictures And I'm the tool?Come talk to me when I'm making stupid arguments like that.
Yeah, we all know h8 is such a HUGE fanboy!!! :twisted:

You are making stupid arguments and I am talking to you about them. This thread clearly started off in humor & you came in here crying. Yet, you never confront peeps on GR. That makes you a tool when they clearly showcase that they hold a grudge. :wink:



I'm willing to bet that none of this even registers with you, does it?
Image
There is another Skywalker....
User avatar
Ghas_man
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:24 am
Location: A-T-L

Post by Ghas_man » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:50 pm

RH, die/snave/h8/whoever just wanna hangout where they can talk about whatever without having to worry about admins deleting shit that's "off topic" (which is funny, b/c the NFS thread @ tGR was on topic until Dey deleted stuff).

it's that simple really.

personally, I like both places, so it's all gravy for me.
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
$nave
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:53 am
Location: :$V:
Contact:

Post by $nave » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:38 pm

Ditto to what Die said...

I feel bad because I personally invited Nechrome, and he hasn't signed up yet :cry:
User avatar
Shwiggie
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:32 am

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:33 pm

I simply find it funny that you guys seemingly hold a grudge against some internet people on a message board.
You know, I heard the same "it's just a message board" song and dance when an ezboard I adminned for three years was given over to former staffer asstards who paid the $400 needed for Gold CSC status but had been banned from the board for months for fucking over the user base and going over the heads of everyone else. I was told to get over it, because it was just a message board.

If I met them in real life, I'd kancho them with a broom handle.
User avatar
lionheart
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:22 am
Location: Masshole
Contact:

Post by lionheart » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 pm

Shwiggie wrote:

If I met them in real life, I'd kancho them with a broom handle.
I have no idea what "kancho" means, and this is still funny to me.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
User avatar
die
Posts: 14859
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:38 pm
Location: Apartment Complex of Dicks

Post by die » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:28 am

If I met them in real life, I'd kancho them with a broom handle.
:lol:

Now see, RH. There's a motherfucker with a grudge :lol:

that also owns me.
Image
There is another Skywalker....
User avatar
Shwiggie
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:32 am

Post by Shwiggie » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:50 am

They were and are sons of bitches. Except for the woman of the group, who was just a plain bitch. I wouldn't pay $400 for control over a damn board, but ezboard doing their version of Hulk Hogan suddenly turning heel with the Outsiders on us still pisses me the hell off. I guess money talks.

Point is, you deal with people online, not just faceless automatons who type teh funny sometimes. And after dealing with people nearly three years, you'd figure somebody would realize that before trying to fuck over a two thousand member strong user base and a group of staffers you worked with and once called friends. You guys know what kind of friendships and camaraderie results from that sort of thing.

Re: Kancho
Where I first heard about it.
The article that prompted the thread.

This is probably all you'll need to understand what it is:
Image
"Uh-huh. If you ever try that again, I will give you the biggest kancho in the history of Japan," I say. "General Tojo will feel it 60 years ago, and call his planes back before they get to Pearl Harbor. Got it?"
User avatar
H8
Digital Pimp Hard At Work
Digital Pimp Hard At Work
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:24 am

Post by H8 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:47 am

RockHard wrote:I'm sure H8 really had to prove a point that NFS:Underground wouldn't look exactly like those pictures :lol: And I'm the tool?Come talk to me when I'm making stupid arguments like that.
:roll: Completely missed the point. Whether you agreed with me or not on NFS, that is irrelevant.


What happened to that thread was Nazi-mod-ism and double-standards at its finest (and one of many instances of it).


They would do well to adopt some of Voltaire's views expressed in his Essay on Tolerance that were summarized by Beatrice Hall in The Friends of Voltaire:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."



.
Image
"Yo Nelly, what the hell kinda name is that? That's about as gangster as an Easter Bonnet hat."
User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 1790
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:13 am
Location: San Diego

Post by Robert Paulson » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:39 am

I think I can help this dicussion with an info guide for rockhard

Let's define why we have topics and what the problem with off topic is.

We have topics to define the general ideas that will be presented within the thread.

okay well that's well and good, so now the question becomes why do we get off topic?

We get off topic because some of the ideas in the thread bring up other ideas that need to be defined, or explained.

okay, that makes sense, well what does it hurt to go off topic. Why do mods need to move or delete posts?

it doesn't hurt anything, and in fact can be very intresting because you can find out things that you didn't know, or maybe laugh. As to why the mods need to move or delete posts. Well the only reason that you need to move or delete post are when they are sick e.g. someone posts a picture of a dead baby with burned flesh. Or when they are a complete non sequitar e.g. if I posted in this thread and my post said "CHICKEN SHIT IS MADE OF CORN, AND CORN TASTES GOOD, THEREFORE CHICKEN SHIT TASTES GOOD!" over and over again.

okay I get it now, so what about editing a post? When should a mod do that?

Never should they be edited for content, as in what someone says, the only reason to edit them is to take out the things like dead babies when they are put into shitty post hell.

finally what about locking threads? I mean the option is there so that means we should use it right?

The thread locking option is to help boards like the one at g4techtv, where someone talks bad about tommy, on that judgement day show, on their board, and then ten people jump in and say "yeah, that dude is a douche." The mods there use it because they are trying to sell you something and you insulting their product doesn't help sales (advertisments in their case). So there is no reason to use it on a board like this in the average discussion section, it's almost the same as editing a post because a mod can get the last word in and lock the thread making their word the final one no matter how insane it might be.


So rockhard that's why they have a problem with the mods at tGR. It's because the mods were taking the fact they were mods to their advantage. Would you be happy if one of the mods here went and edited your post to where everytime you posted it said "I'm gay! WEEH!" What they were doing on that board was simular to that, maybe not as extreme, but simular. So unless that's something that you approve of then why are you aruging about it? I don't know if you've noticed but no one here is on your side of this discussion, maybe there is a reason. But of course it could be that you like to argue with people so...whatever.
[/b]
Post Reply