The OBSOLETE list

THE BESTEST STUFFS OF THE EVERS!!11!
$nave

Post by $nave » Thu May 26, 2005 5:39 am

Acidevil wrote:Suns are getting bitch'd. Go Spurs. :p
Why don't ya ask him how the Lakers are doing in the playoffs?
:twisted:
Ghas_man

Post by Ghas_man » Thu May 26, 2005 2:53 pm

Napster- Tell me I'm not the only one who's seen the new Napster commercial. It's basically a graphic, showing how much you could theoretically spend if you got an Ipod and filled it with music (like $20,000 or something) or used Napster (like $20 a month or something). I just can't help but laugh and say to myself, "You actually think I'm PAYING for all those songs on my Ipod?"

Go away. I don't need you.
die

Post by die » Thu May 26, 2005 3:05 pm

Ghas, that is too right man. I lol whenever I see that commercial. It's like they know they're kidding when they say it.
There is another Skywalker....
n-MITY

Post by n-MITY » Thu May 26, 2005 7:38 pm

$nave wrote:
Acidevil wrote:Suns are getting bitch'd. Go Spurs. :p
Why don't ya ask him how the Lakers are doing in the playoffs?
:twisted:
#10 in the lottery! :lol:

Lakers won't make the playoffs next year either. It'd take Phil Jackson's return, a shitload of good trades, and hell to freeze over for them to make it past the first round if they did make it.

Suns are most likely done, so now I'm just wanting to see the Pistons repeat. I have no reason for liking their team other than liking the players that make up their squad. They play ball well together, and they have a killer coach. Definitely the best coach in the league at the moment.

Back to the main topic...

Star Wars Enthusiasts...* Your sextology has finally ended. Shut up and go to your own rooms with the talk of it now. George officially raped the planet, let's quit thinking about it.

*This applies to Lord of the Rings as well, except they only had a trilogy. Which is good, because I couldn't handle three more of those over-dramatized movies.
"I don't want to completely destroy you, I hope that through our arguments you become smarter and/or more like myself."--die
MainCoon

Post by MainCoon » Thu May 26, 2005 9:54 pm

How many times more do I have to witness commercials featuring the AllState sellout Yeti and Kiefer Sutherland chasing the guy who can't get work who played The Mummy?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

None of them can get work. That is why they stick to the show and commercials aired during. You know this show better than I.

:lol:

Jesuz, the last episode sucked. Did anyone see it? Unless they change studios and move to HBO, I am not watching any more seasons. I can't wait to flush out the bad taste in my mouth. :P

Post by SoVi3t » Sun May 29, 2005 2:00 am

Episodes of the Simpsons from the first 10 years. Seriously, I have had to see them about 8 times a day, every year, for the past 13 someodd years. I am now officially tired of them. Show some of the newer episodes.

VHS tapes...yes, Die brought it up, but damn, it needs to be mentioned again. My GF has a fuckload of them, and always brings them over to watch. Fuck you, I don't want to fix my tracking. i don't even want to acknowledge that I own a vcr. She honestly still has tapes she listens to in the car. I swear, I wanna smack the 80's out of her.

any crime type show. Fuck just law and order. I was watching tv the other day, and ABC, NBC, and CBS all had law and order type shows on at the same time. Seriously, what the fuck happened to good comedies? I don't need to see 50 different ways the cops can figure out you jacked off to a picture of an airline pilot when you were 7.

Boy bands and singers that get by on looks alone. Seriously, why the fuck do people still buy stuff by Britney Spears? Or J-Lo? Seriously who the fuck cares?

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Sun May 29, 2005 1:53 pm

I swear, I wanna smack the 80's out of her.
:lol:
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun May 29, 2005 5:01 pm

I have to defend the honor of the VCR alittle bit here. Yeah, I know its the finest technology the 1970s had to offer, but hear me out...

I still use a VCR because I don't want to take the 12 hours it'll take to teach my wife to use the DVDR.

Also, once you record something on a DVD-RW disc, you can't record over it if you recorded something after it.

The picture on DVDR is kinda overrated. My eyes can deal with VCR fading a little easier than blocky pixelation when recording at anything longer than 2 hour speed.

There's something about the WWE's live video feed that makes their programming look fantastically extra shitty when recorded with a DVDR.

I've got too many episodes of "Star Trek" and "Farscape" on VHS. Until the companies that make them put out AFFORDABLE box sets, I'll have to own a VCR.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun May 29, 2005 10:35 pm

yeah, but I don't have to worry about my dvd player eating a disc

or the tape getting so dirty/old/fucked that i miss out on like half my show/movie anyways.

and fuck fastforwarding and rewinding. I wanna just do disk skip. Trying to fast forward vhs pr0n sucks ass. You end up rubbing one out to people humping at 90mph cuz you're tired of waiting for the good parts

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue May 31, 2005 1:12 am

Hey, I don't need to be sold on the virtues of DVDR, but I'm saying is that VCRs aren't totally worthless and still have some use to them.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue May 31, 2005 12:13 pm

There is one thing I'd like to contest.
24... How many times more do I have to witness commercials featuring the AllState sellout Yeti and Kiefer Sutherland chasing the guy who can't get work who played The Mummy? I don't think I can handle the fake-ass, soap opera drama for another season, let alone hear a few nerds dissect each and every episode like they're the Pothagrion Theorm. And I have only seen the show twice; I'm so sick of this shit, and I only catch the lame commercials; imagine how bad it must be to follow the series.
First of all, the word is Pythagorean, you fucking dumbass.

And that show is fucking awesome. I challenge any of you to watch the first two episodes of a 24 season and then be physically capable of not watching the remaining 22. Seriously, that show will smack you in the mouth and leave the drool on your chin, like Taylor Rain after some special time.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue May 31, 2005 4:31 pm

RobotJerk wrote:I have to defend the honor of the VCR alittle bit here. Yeah, I know its the finest technology the 1970s had to offer, but hear me out...
Let me add that VCR > TiVo. Yeah, no digital quality, but you don't have to pay to use it.
$nave

Post by $nave » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:56 am

I'll tell ya what is obsolete
Moderating: http://www.tehstyleguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450 It takes up too much time because it actually took time to separate that stuff, but have fun... :twisted:
die

Post by die » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:41 pm

I still use a VCR because I don't want to take the 12 hours it'll take to teach my wife to use the DVDR.

Well maybe that's because you forgot about the part in the Bible where God made man to operate electronics. My first question to you is not why are you trying to teach her to operate electronic devices, but what is she doing out of the kitchen?

YOU ARE NOT A MAN!

:P
Sparkstalker

Post by Sparkstalker » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:14 pm

So what's outdated?

Spinners - I saw some dumbass with them on a Minivan the other day. A fuckin' trashy, rusted through minivan. But dude dropped a pretty penny on some fuckin' spinners, cuz shit...if your rims look good, who gives a fuck about the car? Thank you Pimp My Ride. Go off and choke on a dick.

And speaking of MTV - it's fuckin outdated too. It's solely responsible for all the shit on TV? Oh, gee...there's a new season of The Real World? Yeah, real fuckin' real guys. Take a bunch of the most fucked up, nuerotic, sociopatic 21-year olds, stick 'em in a fuckin' mansion, give em enough alcohol to fill the swimming pool out back, and watch the train wreck. You want real? Take the same idiots, lock 'em in a two bedroom apartment without AC or opening windows in El Paso in July. Only feed them refried beans. We can watch them suffer and die...now that's entertainment. Next, how about another season of the Osbournes? Let's just piss a little more on the Prince of Darkness a little more by portraying him as a bumbling moron with a manipulative bitch as a wife and two totally fucked up brats. Oh, and how about more episodes of Cribs? Yeah, I really want to see a dude's house who's closet is bigger than my whole fucking place...especially when it's some fuck I've never heard of.

And the last obsolete thing? The whole fuckin' MTV rant. I've been saying the same shit for ten years now...