The Unofficial ROADHOUSE Thread

THE BESTEST STUFFS OF THE EVERS!!11!
Jesus Las Vegas

The Unofficial ROADHOUSE Thread

Post by Jesus Las Vegas » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:16 pm

Ok, now I love Roadhouse as much as the next guy, and as much as I like the "official" Roadhouse thread, it has always been a place where serious discussion about Roadhouse comes first, enjoying yourself comes second. This thread is all about kicking back and discussing Roadhouse in a relaxed, informal environment.

I've got nothing against the original thread but I just felt it had become an incredibly intense, almost academic experience. I wanted a place to come and talk about Roadhouse and not feel like I was having to prove myself. This thread isn't here to usurp the original, just provide an alternative to it.

Roadhouse is a movie that is truly multi-faceted. Whilst the first thread (the official one), is the ideal place to get to grips with some of the more complicated aspects of the film (such as the running theme of "justice", or the self-reflexive discourse of power (Dalton is powerful and at once not)), this thread is a place for lighter, easier themes. Relax! You're not on show here! After all, Roadhouse is an incredibly deep film-experience which serves as a mirror for modern critical discussion-theory, but its also a great action movie.
Attachments
Road House.jpg
Road House.jpg (40.99 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:38 pm

I think Jeff Healy can play a hell of a blind guy.
die

Post by die » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:41 pm

I think Jeff Healy's mullet looked alot like Cousin Joey's mullet from Full House but only better.
There is another Skywalker....
Jesus Las Vegas

Post by Jesus Las Vegas » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:44 pm

Jeff's Mullet was a noble effort (it's gotta be hard to preen it properly with no sight), but the real Mullet King of the film was karate guy who Dalton fights.

I know he has a real name but my friend and I called him "Satrick" which is short for "Satanic Patrick" as he looks exactly like Patrick Swayze but evil. I swear, the best bit in that film is where Satrick sets fire to the barn and they cut to him on his motorbike and he lets loose with an incredible, evil laugh.

It's a proper BWAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!!!!
[center]Karelin WILL fuck you up[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:52 pm

No way, the best Satrick part is where he does the polevault moonsalt with the pool stick thingie in the barfight. Not only was that impractical as hell but it just flat out made no sense at all.
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Satrick (Jimmy) is at his cheesy best when Dalton walks by him in the hardware store and you get a full panning shot of his poofy hairdo, his hanging earring and the gayest "Welcome to the Blue Oyster" face.
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:33 pm

It's safe to say that time has not been kind to Satrick.

on yet another sad note for Satrick, Road House will go down in history as "the best thing he ever did".
Jesus Las Vegas

Post by Jesus Las Vegas » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Look at him there. So damned evil.

Actually he would make a wicked Ryu. I know he's American but let's be honest, Ryu was adopted or something because I've seen black guys who look more Japanese than him.
[center]Karelin WILL fuck you up[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:33 am

Remember, he used to F guys like you in prison.
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:50 pm

He does look evil in that pic. We must also remember that those are not CG effects used to make him look that evil. That was the late '80's, CG was not yet at that level.
Jesus Las Vegas

Post by Jesus Las Vegas » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:39 am

The Official Roadhouse Thread was getting a bit hectic so I thought I'd bump the Unofficial one. If you guys need to kick back after some intense Dalton discourse, I'm right here for you.
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:14 am

I just watched it again the other night and I am still dumbfounded how Dalton went for Kelly Lynch instead of the hot blonde slut.

It's like he had a fetish for gawky flat-assed chicks instead of smoking hot chicks who would fuck his brains out.

Oh well, "Opinions vary."
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:46 pm

Perhaps Dalton understands the finanicalvalue of a chick with a medical licence.

Plus, she did have a really nice butt.
die

Post by die » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:55 am

I finally picked up the dvd this afternoon. I'm stoked as fuck. I need it for those 2 hours a day that that Turner Broadcasting doesn't play it.

(PS-One of Robotjerk's last comments has to be a work)
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:23 pm

The comment about the percieved value of Kelly Lynch's butt was predicated on the belief that Patrick Swayze likes men.