www.tehstyleguide.com/forum Tries To Download As Application

Got a problem? Want to suggest a new feature? Post it here. Show us on the doll where he touched you.
cYnical

www.tehstyleguide.com/forum Tries To Download As Application

Post by cYnical » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:41 am

I tried to visit the forums via www.tehstyleguide.com/forums and instead of accessing the page, Firefox tried to download an application.

The same thing occurs when I just go to www.tehstyleguide.com and try to ride through the redirect.

The only way I got to the board was by going directly to a thread from my history.

WTF? Has someone hacked the page?
$nave

Post by $nave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 am

Yep, I guess we were running on borrowed time anyway since this site is running software that is extremely hackable by 3 year olds. I'll try to fix it
$nave

Post by $nave » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:15 am

fixed
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:41 am

$nave wrote:Yep, I guess we were running on borrowed time anyway since this site is running software that is extremely hackable by 3 year olds. I'll try to fix it
Am I the only person on this board who's stuck in dialup hell? One reason I don't come around more often is because the board's slow as hell to load, even with all images cached.

You could do a lot worse than upgrade the board software. I've mentioned it before either publically or privately, but the software running my board (SMF) is great. Like this one, it runs of PHP and mySQL, and it's easy to admin. It also renders quickly, is in constant development with frequent security updates, and is super easy to update and customize with lots of pre-written open source mods.