Life loves you.

This shit is bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
Zytorg777

Life loves you.

Post by Zytorg777 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm

"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Re: Life loves you.

Post by die » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm

dead at the douchebags sitting around drinking wine & Words with Friends.
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 pm

r.i.p. to the promise of gen. x's greatness.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I thought they lived up to expectations?
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 pm

You are right, they invented the I phone.
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, when you're known as the slacker generation, you'd have to consider ANYTHING a victory.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 pm

they slacked becuase the world was unable to challenge them.
die

Post by die » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 pm

.......to a game of Words with Friends.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 pm

........and thus never achieved employee of the month.
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:57 am

I'm not sure if you understand how this works, why would a "slacker" generation want to be "challenged" or reach "employee of the month" status anyway? I mean, that is the purpose of labeling the generation in the first place. It'd be like going to a Travis Tritt concert and saying "hey, shouldn't he be rapping? and why isn't he sipping 40's and slapping bitches around?"

The only thing worse that Gen X is Gen Y though... here's some Gen Y facts:

-Generation Y, is also known as the Millennial Generation (or Millennials or the ME generation)

-There are no precise dates for when the Millennial generation starts and ends, and commentators have used birth dates ranging somewhere from the late 1970s to the late 1980s, early or mid 1990s, or as late as the early 2000s.

-The most common range reflects births from 1980-1999 giving a child born in 1980 time to grow into adulthood and be able to reproduce their own offspring at the turn of the millennium. One segment of this age-group is often called the “eighties babies” generation, in reference to the fact that they were born between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.

-In most parts of the world its upbringing was marked by an increase in a neoliberal approach to politics and economics

-Generation Y has a tendency to be more culturally liberal

-The Millennials are sometimes called the "Trophy Generation", or "Trophy Kids," a term that reflects the trend in competitive sports, as well as many other aspects of life, where mere participation is frequently enough for a reward. It has been reported that this is an issue in corporate environments. Some employers are concerned that Millennials have too great expectations from the workplace.

-Studies predict that Generation Y will switch jobs frequently, holding far more than Generation X due to their great expectations. To address these new challenges, many large firms are currently studying the social and behaviorial patterns of Millennials and are trying to devise programs that decrease intergenerational estrangement, and increase relationships of reciprocal understanding between older employees and Millennials, while at the same time making Millennials more comfortable.

-The UK's Institute of Leadership & Management researched the gap in understanding between Generation Y recruits and their managers in collaboration with Ashridge Business School. The findings included high expectations for advancement, salary and for a coaching relationship with their manager, and suggested that organisations will need to adapt to accommodate and make the best use of Generation Y. In an example of a company trying to do just this, Goldman Sachs conducts training programs that use actors to portray Millennials who assertively seek more feedback, responsibility, and involvement in decision making. After the performance, employees discuss and debate the generational differences they have seen played out

-This generation is also sometimes referred to as the Boomerang Generation or Peter Pan Generation, because of the members' perceived penchant for delaying some rites of passage into adulthood, longer periods than most generations before them. These labels were also a reference to a trend toward members living with their parents for longer periods than previous generations. They generally tend to to lack sexual experience and struggle maintaining healthy relationships.

-As a group, Generation Y are said to be much closer to their parents than their parents' generation, the Baby Boomers were. While 40% of Baby Boomers in 1974 claimed they would be "better off without their parents" according to one study, 90% of Generation Y'ers claimed to be "extremely close" to their parents in another study. Most also claim that the older generations had better morals.

-According to Kimberly Palmer "High housing prices, the rising cost of higher education, and the relative affluence of the older generation are among the factors driving the trend." However, other explanations are seen as contributing. Questions regarding a clear definition of what it means to be an adult also impacts a debate about delayed transitions into adulthood. For instance, one study by professors at Brigham Young University found that college students are more likely now to define "adult" based on certain personal abilities and characteristics rather than more traditional "rite of passage" events. Dr. Larry Nelson, one of the three Marriage, Family, and Human Development professors to perform the study, also noted that some Millennials are delaying the transition from childhood to adulthood as a response to mistakes made by their parents. "In prior generations, you get married and you start a career and you do that immediately. What young people today are seeing is that approach has led to divorces, to people unhappy with their careers ... The majority want to get married [...] they just want to do it right the first time, the same thing with their careers."

-In the United States, Generation Y has a lower level of religiosity to older generations, and they are more likely to be skeptical of religious institutions.

-Expression and acceptance has been highly important to this generation.

-There is a trend among Millennials to choose urban, or gentrified neighborhoods, as their preferred living situations.

- Generation Y'ers never truly rebelled against their parents, unlike prior generations, often enjoying the same music, movies and products as their parents. Generation Y has been described in a New York Times article as entrepreneurial and, "a 'post-emotional' generation. No anger, no edge, no ego."

Sounds like the politically correct way of saying: Emos, wiggers, metrosexuals and pussies
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 am

What is your point? Mine is that

A generation of 30 somethings are running around this planet secretly miserable.
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm

I guess my point is....

No shit.

Here, let me break it down and simplify it for you... The above Captain Obvious statement that you just made was the whole reason why the video posted above felt relevant. If it had a bunch of douchebags in tweed blazers standing around in an office setting smiling and doing interoffice schmoozing, it wouldn't have made sense in the context of the song (perhaps if it were called "We are Dumb"?). It's like you just discovered the internet and just discovered the Generation X term and/or it's actual meaning.

The only question left to ask is why are they "30 something and miserable"? Well, they are 30 something because that is how the aging process works and 30 something comes after 20 something and before 40 something. They are miserable because they feel like aliens living among humans and they feel this world is not their home.

In related news, schoolbuses are generally yellow in color.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Don't be a douche man, we are just talking about it. It is intersting. And the video makes it wonderfully funny.

they were told how awesome they were growing up, and then when the reality hit, instead of trying to elevate, they settled for mediocrity, and gave a million reasons why it was acceptable...but deep down they are growing sad....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:24 pm

die wrote: They are miserable because they feel like aliens living among humans and they feel this world is not their home.
Elaborate
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Zytorg777 wrote:Don't be a douche man, we are just talking about it. It is intersting. And the video makes it wonderfully funny.

they were told how awesome they were growing up, and then when the reality hit, instead of trying to elevate, they settled for mediocrity, and gave a million reasons why it was acceptable...but deep down they are growing sad....
Again, sounds like you are just now trying to figure out something that is already common knowledge to everybody else in the world (late bloomer much?). I hate to have to try to explain your own logic to you and break it down for you, but alas I shall.... Gen X is capable of doing amazing things like building iPhone (as you pointed out) or even creating a graphic novel/game/whatever that leads to them making millions of dollars profit, they just generally end up more disillusioned or disenchanted at the process and/or the end results. My comparison was to that of Gen Y, who generally strive for all these accolades even for something that is very medicore. Gen Y is the reason there are no scores kept at Little League games.

I think when reality sets in for Gen Y, they will gow even sadder than Gen X. Think about it.