Courtney VS Nirvana

This shit is bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:10 am

..or did he? :shock:
There is another Skywalker....
Sparkstalker

Post by Sparkstalker » Tue May 16, 2006 4:17 pm

What happened is - he woke up one morning, and his brain wasn't totally fucked by drugs. He had a moment of clarity...where he realized who he'd married. So he did the honorable thing an blew his brains out.
Cookie Cutter Civilian

Post by Cookie Cutter Civilian » Wed May 17, 2006 2:48 am

The honorable thing would have been to blow her brains out instead, justifiable homicide, no jury would convict him.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Thu May 18, 2006 2:50 am

He should've wrote a bunch of songs, signed them over to Grohl and big dude and then bought the farm.

Then they could release that shit the second Courtney blows through the NEVERMIND/IN UTEREO cash.
die

Post by die » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:55 pm

The one good thing about Nirvana was that the music wasn't shoved down your throat. By that I mean, there were not commercials and movies everywhere with their music as the "jingle". They "had" some integrity....

the other day, I saw a MLB videogame commercial featuring the song "Breed" by Nirvana. A bunch of jacked-up virtual roidmasters of the diamond sliding into bases with "we could plant a house, we could build a tree, I don't even care, we could have all three" playing in the background.

Thanks Courtney, I always thought about baseball when I heard that song.
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:40 am

die wrote:the other day, I saw a MLB videogame commercial featuring the song "Breed" by Nirvana. A bunch of jacked-up virtual roidmasters of the diamond sliding into bases with "we could plant a house, we could build a tree, I don't even care, we could have all three" playing in the background.

Thanks Courtney, I always thought about baseball when I heard that song.

I saw that abomination and I said to Mrs. Repo, "Look at Courtney running out of money."
TheWholeFNShow

Post by TheWholeFNShow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:27 am

I saw that and was like "Gee, in almost 20 years, you'd think some band would have produced a song worthy of being in a baseball game." What was even more disturbing was my mother was watching the commercial and said "Isn't that Kurt Cobain?"

Wow.
die

Post by die » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Centerfield
by John C. Fogerty (1985)

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!
We're born again, there's new grass on the field.
A-roundin' third, and headed for home, it's a brown-eyed handsome man;
Anyone can understand the way I feel.

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.

Well, I spent some time in the Mudville Nine, watchin' it from the bench;
You know I took some lumps when the Mighty Casey struck out.
So Say Hey Willie, tell Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio;
Don't say "it ain't so", you know the time is now.

Yeah! I got it, I got it!

Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all - a moment in the sun;
(pop) It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!

Yeah!

or they could've just used those songs that are in every single videogame or "extreme" commercial ever....like that song by Saliva or the Hardy Boyz entrance music.
Repo Man

Post by Repo Man » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:08 pm

TheWholeFNShow wrote:I saw that and was like "Gee, in almost 20 years, you'd think some band would have produced a song worthy of being in a baseball game." What was even more disturbing was my mother was watching the commercial and said "Isn't that Kurt Cobain?"

Wow.

You need to be knee-capped for saying the word "Gee."
TheWholeFNShow

Post by TheWholeFNShow » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Repo Man wrote: You need to be knee-capped for saying the word "Gee."
Golly Repo, I can't imagine what I did to ever deserve the honor.

I hear you die, if I hear that stupid Hardy Boyz entrance theme one more time I'm going to maim the little fourteen year old that plays it.
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:54 pm

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.jsp? ... h=itn_love

"My daughter doesn't need to inherit a giant ... bag full of flannel ... shirts," says Love, former frontwoman of the rock band Hole. "A sweater, a guitar and the lyrics to `(Smells Like) Teen Spirit' _ that's what my daughter gets. And the rest of it we'll just ... sell."
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu May 03, 2007 12:59 pm

The link is essentially dead now. What was the article aboot?

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Thu May 03, 2007 2:36 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Courtney Love, widow of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain, says she plans to sell most of his belongings.

"I'm going to have a Christie's auction," Love, 42, tells AOL music Web site Spinner.com. "(My house) is like a mausoleum."

Love and Cobain wed in 1992 and had a daughter, Frances Bean, that year. Cobain committed suicide in 1994.

"My daughter doesn't need to inherit a giant ... bag full of flannel ... shirts," says Love, former frontwoman of the rock band Hole. "A sweater, a guitar and the lyrics to '(Smells Like) Teen Spirit' -- that's what my daughter gets. And the rest of it we'll just ... sell."

No date has been set for the auction, AOL publicist Kurt Patat told The Associated Press on Monday. AOL is owned by Time Warner, CNN.com's parent company.

Love, whose upcoming album is titled, "Nobody's Daughter," says friends support the idea.

"Everyone's been positive and behind me on it," she says. "We'll make a lot of money and give a bunch of it to charity."

She'll have a chance to move on from Cobain, too.

"I still wear his pajamas to bed. How am I ever going to go form another relationship in my lifetime wearing Kurt's pajamas?"
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri May 04, 2007 5:42 pm

"Everyone's been positive and behind me on it," she says. "We'll make a lot of money and give a bunch of it to charity."
We??? How about you? And who's behind you? Your heroin addict friends?

She'll have a chance to move on from Cobain, too.

"I still wear his pajamas to bed. How am I ever going to go form another relationship in my lifetime wearing Kurt's pajamas?"
easy....step one, stop doing hardcore drugs. Step two, stop sleeping around with anybody you think will give you a career. Step three, how about holding onto the one thing in your life that was actually good for you?

And somehow I doubt she wears his PJ's to bed. If she had on any clothes after passing out from pills + wine, I would be amazed.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
revolutionary

Post by revolutionary » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:43 pm

courtney love has been one busy crackwhore. i saw a commercial for one of those CSI detective shows & it said 'featuring the music of nirvana'.

here's the latest auction-

A two-page handwritten letter from Kurt Cobain to Courtney Love was sold to the highest bidder in a rock and roll memorabilia auction on Friday at the auction house Christie's. The letter, which details the late Nirvana frontman's life on tour, says in part: "I really do care but I'm not very convincing. He's sad. I'm sad. My throat is a swollen tumor, blood sausage — colon. I puke air after coughing. It was morning by the time I fell asleep after talking to you. 200 lbs. I thought of a great idea for our video. Oh, forget it." Christie's estimates that the letter, which sold for $19,120, was written on November 28, 1991, the night after Nirvana performed on the BBC series "Top of the Pops," since the show is mentioned in the letter.

$20k for a letter!

she's got a book to whore too-

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/153263 ... tney.jhtml

and there's a new documentary-

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

guess the funds were starting to run low?