Courtney VS Nirvana

This shit is bananas...B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
die

Courtney VS Nirvana

Post by die » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 pm

Courtney Love, David Grohl Still Feuding

Mon Jul 25, 4:23 PM ET

Though some have labeled David Grohl of the Foo Fighters the "nicest guy in rock," Courtney Love would beg to differ.

"Dave gets to walk away unscathed and be the happy guy in rock, when he's one of the biggest jerks," Love says in the August issue of Spin, on newsstands Friday. "He's been taking money from my child for years."

Love, the widow of Kurt Cobain, and Grohl, who played drums in Nirvana, have feuded before. Grohl and Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic became mired in three years of litigation in a dispute over the timing of the famed grunge band's box set, "With the Lights Out."

They settled their legal issues in September 2002 and the CDs were released last year.

The office of Grohl's manager, John Silva, told The Associated Press Monday that Grohl wouldn't comment on Love's criticism.

ADVERTISEMENT

As for being the "nicest guy in rock," Grohl wonders where the title came from.

"I don't know. Because I don't do coke?" Grohl asks Spin. "I supposed it's not taking anything for granted and feeling lucky to be here.

"There's ... thousands of nice guys in the world! Maybe it's because I have a goofy smile and people are like, `Aww, he's like a little kid!' I'm 36!"

The Foo Fighters are on tour of North America in support of their double album, "In Your Honor."

Love, 41, the former lead singer for the band Hole, was praised Friday by a Los Angeles judge for making progress in a court-ordered drug treatment program. The treatment is tied to a misdemeanor count of being under the influence of a controlled substance in 2003 when police said she tried to break into a former boyfriend's home.

Her daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, is 12.

___

On the Net:

http://www.spin.com

http://www.foofighters.com

http://www.courtneylove.com

Damn, they're still going strong with this?

This could turn out to be one of the longest feuds in rock. I figured Courtney would've turned face by now.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:57 pm

I thought she did a brief turn a few years back when she was acting all glamorous and pretty and un-hep C infected and shit.

She's a wacked out skank, but she's also the best Howard Stern guest ever.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:48 pm

I think she was still a heel. She just tried to swerve us.
Repo Man
Location: Would you eat the moon if it was made of barbecue spareribs?

Post by Repo Man » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:50 pm

Courtney is an annoying piece of shit.
She gives groupies who fuck rockstars and then know when to go away a bad name.

Let's see:

Grohl - in NIRVANA, created FOO FIGHTERS, still making money

Courtney Love - fucked a guy in NIRVANA, fucked some guys to help her produce songs for HOLE, pissing away money left and right.

A good way for people to help destroy Courtney Love is to stop buying NIRVANA stuff.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:28 pm

Why is it when we were kids celebrities had friendly rivalries, but nowadays they have Jerry Springer-ized wars of words in the press for years.

I don't remember Wang Chung ever releasing a song call "Everybody Point and Laugh at Oingo Boingo Tonight".

I don't remember REM getting in a fist fight backstage with the Cure.

I don't remember Duran Duran telling A-Ha a bunch of fags who couldn't do a decent Jame Bond song.

I don't remember anybody ever threatening to pop a cap in John Lennon. Okay, bad example.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:41 am

Somebody needs to keep leaving her needles full of Draino on her front porch

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:26 pm

Why is it when we were kids celebrities had friendly rivalries, but nowadays they have Jerry Springer-ized wars of words in the press for years.
What about Beatles VS Yoko ?
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:46 pm

die wrote:What about Beatles VS Yoko ?
DQ (interference by Drugs/Chapman)

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:51 pm

:lol:
die

Post by die » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:56 pm

25% of Nirvana sold !

Courtney Love has sold twenty-five per cent of her share of Nirvana's publishing catalogue, RollingStone.com reports.

The singer, widow of Nirvana leader Kurt Cobain, sold the share to Larry Mestel of Primary Wave Music Publishing, former COO/GM of Virgin Records.

"I took on a strategic partner, Larry Mestel, to help me co-manage the estate because it was overwhelming," Love told RollingStone.com. "The affairs of Nirvana are so massive and so huge, and they've all fallen on my lap. I own almost all of [the publishing] and it proved to be too much for me. I needed a partner to take Kurt Cobain's songs and bring them into the future and into the next generation. And this guy's the guy to do it."

Mestel told RollongStone.com: "The appeal to me is that [Kurt was] one of the most important songwriters of his time. Kurt was an incredible songwriter, and Courtney is an exceptionally talented person herself. So I felt the combination of Courtney's creativity and the things I can add can really help in creating more value for these copyrights."

A source close to the deal said Mestel has likely paid in excess of $50 million for the rights.

Love said that she and Mestel will be very selective in how they will shop the catalogue. "We're going to remain very tasteful, and we're going to (retain) the spirit of Nirvana and take Nirvana places it's never been before."

Love was left with ninety-eight percent of Nirvana's publishing rights following Cobain's suicide in April of 1994, with band members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic inheriting the rest.

That is totally fucked.

The other 2 members of the band only own 1% a piece :shock:
TheWholeFNShow

Post by TheWholeFNShow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:46 pm

^ That'll take care of her blow habit for the next few months.
Satan

Post by Satan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:53 pm

This shit is so fucked, it pisses me off. I hope she dies of an extreme case of anal warts that spread to her brain.
Ghas_man

Post by Ghas_man » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:11 pm

"Dave gets to walk away unscathed and be the happy guy in rock, when he's one of the biggest jerks," Love says in the August issue of Spin, on newsstands Friday. "He's been taking money from my child for years."
You know what else takes money from your child?

That nasty coke habbit you fucking skeez.
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 pm

"He's been taking money from my child for years."

ONE FUCKING PERCENT?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your boy Dave played the drums & sang on most of the songs + actually has writing credit & came up with some of the riffs. All he gets is 1% and he catches hell for that?

Nirvana certainly wasn't a one-man-show. They never would've made the same impact with Chad Channing on drums. Dave Grohl's drumming was a huge part of giving Nirvana the sound that made them famous.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:15 pm

No wonder Kurt Cobain killed himself.