LOGAN

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
Zytorg777

LOGAN

Post by Zytorg777 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 am

No spoilers. Excellent. Must watch.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Re: LOGAN

Post by die » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 pm

I saw it as well, really enjoyed it. It reminded me of the old semi graphic novels like Ruins and Meltdown.

X-23 was awesome.
There is another Skywalker....
die

Post by die » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 am

die

Post by die » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:36 am

I've seen this twice now.

Nobody else watched it? Wtf
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm

I havent had the $$ or the time yet... im unfortunately waiting for it on XBMC... money is tight at casa de pMex lately
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Go download a torrent or watch it on primewire, there are great versions out you can watch.

Very good movie, although not as OMG AMAZING as everybody made it out to be. Tugs at the emotions, but it was still a shadow of Old Man Logan, and Fox still seems to have no problem retconning the fuck out of everything.

8/10

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

SoVi3t wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm
Go download a torrent or watch it on primewire, there are great versions out you can watch.

Very good movie, although not as OMG AMAZING as everybody made it out to be. Tugs at the emotions, but it was still a shadow of Old Man Logan, and Fox still seems to have no problem retconning the fuck out of everything.

8/10
Primewire i tried but they're still CAM copies as of last week.. i'll have to try SALTS or something else on there.
die

Post by die » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 am

8/10 is a fair score for it. I think 9/10 could be acceptable. Overall, I prefer the comic version of Logan over the Jackman version on pretty much all levels, but I can't fault Jackman at himself at all. He makes a great Wolverine.

I still wish he were like at least 5 foot 5 though, but the vanilla midgets landed much earlier in Hollywood...

Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Verne Troyer, Danny Devito, Stuart Little.

The only real issue I had with the movie is that it's kinda unrewarding on a certain level when you watch a movie with such a somber vibe the whole time.

I gotta give them some credit for not over-explaining shit and allowing the audience to kinda draw their own conclusions regarding certain issues that factor into the story. Most movies these days have to retell origin stories and do flashbacks and shit to get ADHD ass millenials to get it.

If this were Star Wars, they'd have to show all of the main characters as kids playing with dolls and then have them show that they know each other in the same universe and expand exactly what their bucket list has on it.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:34 am

Oh yeah, they tiptoed a mighty big line by not revealing what happened to the X-Men, but basically spelling it out for you.

I was hoping for Wolverine to be a bit more animalistic. But he basically just runs around stabbing people in the face and kinda showing flashes of what Wolverine is supposed to be.

I didn't like the villains one bit. I was hoping for a tie in with Mister Sinister seeing as they've teased Essex Corporation. They managed to make every big bad in the Wolverine movies absolutely suck though. But other than that they felt like they were portraying bad guys from Resident Evil. Dunno, my buddy loved the bad guys, so who knows.

I wasn't a fan of the adamantium bullet being able to kill him (or rather his clone), either. But then again I wasn't a fan of them using it to remove his memories in the first place (I had always assumed the sheer shock of his medical procedures had made him go animal mode, slaughter everything, remember nothing, then live in the woods for awhile before coming back to society as his memory gradually returned, similar to the comics). What makes it kill him that other shit don't? Like why couldn't he just stab that X24 with his adamantium claws in the head and achieve the same thing? Just shitty writing on that since the start, but whatever.

Hugh Jackman deserves to be included into the MCU. It's a fucking shame he can't, simply because Fox is scum.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:30 pm

I finally saw this..

I man cried... It was very hard to see Professor X die.. and then Wolvie... damn..

I had no clue the girl was mexican in real life... damn... I wish they had had a more real villain. The kids can essentially be the New Xmen.

I'm sorry but the metal hand dude... that actor plays the same part wherever he goes... he plays the same asshole in Narcos.

I did love that they finally and i do mean Finally... let Wolverine go apeshit on some people... Hell even hung over drunk wolverine going apeshit on some vatos trying to steal his shit... that was cool.

I give this movie 9.5 out of 10
die

Post by die » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm sorry but the metal hand dude... that actor plays the same part wherever he goes... he plays the same asshole in Narcos.
Man, that dude reminded me of Justin Bieber as Brad Pitt portraying a Terminator in Deliverance.

It was so odd.

He wasn't much of a foe... I mean, I want to complain about it, but I'm just glad that there was no giant doomsday device shooting a beam into the sky.

X-23 was great. I'm glad that she's young enough to be in the role for years if they do it right. I do wonder where this leaves us as far as the X-Men go. I saw both Jackman and Stewart are done.