No more Battfleck?

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

No more Battfleck?

Post by die » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 pm

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1619422 ... man-either

Man, if this falls through it's gonna suck for DC. I mean, this movie has the most potential of being the standout.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Re: No more Battfleck?

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 pm

This could be a way of him getting exactly what he wants.

I can't see WB and DC just recasting Batman, again. This also looks awful for DC in general, what with the troubles they had with Wonder Woman (and its supposedly boring as fuck), and the BvS and Suicide Squad debacles, and the fact that Flash is now on it's 3rd director.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Yeah, it's very possible that it's a leverage move... BUT at the same time, in this day and age that does nothing to put my mind at ease. They can reboot/recast/etc and people won't bat an eyelash. They did it with Spider-Man, Hulk and Transformers with ease.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 pm

the DC Universe is fucked... i mean they're re-writing flash for like the 15th time again...
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:20 am

Given the money and brand strength DC has at their disposal, this is a display of almost impossible incompetence. I don't understand how this could possibly get so badly fucked up.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:12 am

The animated movies continue to kick ass. I just watched Justice League Dark the other night. Any of those animated shows would be fucking awesome in live action.

It makes no sense how they can fuck up so hard.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

I could blame a lot of their problems in the past on Zack Snyder, since he directed most of their big disappointments. Now, with this... I just am at a loss.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:46 pm

lionheart wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:20 am
Given the money and brand strength DC has at their disposal, this is a display of almost impossible incompetence. I don't understand how this could possibly get so badly fucked up.
Because they're rush jobs. Rather than give us a proper World's Finest to introduce Superman and Batman in their cinematic universe, they give us a universe with 100 unanswered questions. Which Robin is dead? Why/how did he die? Then you suddenly have 30 heroes all popping up at once. Bruce is an old retired Batman, who is now suddenly able to just go back to being Batman (seriously, he fucking retired?) and create the Justice League.

It was fucked from day one, and they're still building off that shaky foundation. Look at some of the long builds they've done with the Flash tv show, or even the Supergirl tv show. Then compare that to this rushjob WB is throwing at us.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 pm

how they can get a tv universe so right and a cinematic verse so wrong... its baffling
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:39 pm

I think the DCAU has been asking that question for like 20 years now...

die

Post by die » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Don't forget the fact that the Arkham videogames have gotten the characters EXACTLY RIGHT consistently and continue to make Gotham gritty and modernized. That's the crazy thing, the games can find just the right balance of the classic comics and modernizing.

Just look at the new Injustice game that's about to come out. They've got an adult version of Damien Wayne as Robin. Not to mention that they're are introducing tons of other newer characters and modernizing them.

With the movies, they get too wrapped up in trying to wedge in origin stories and vague easter eggs for fans. Superman has been getting the worst of the former. I think Watchmen is the DC movie that has come closest to bringing the actual comic to the screen without major hiccups. I could take movies like Superman Returns, Suicide Squad, BatmanVSuperman and Man of Steel and rework & tweak them into great movies. I mean, it's easy to see how those movies went wrong... they should've just reviewed the final cut of those and been like "NOPE".
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 am