Obi-Wan movie

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

Obi-Wan movie

Post by die » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:12 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/forget-han ... 05292.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a kid, I always just assumed that Obi-Wan didn't really have any "adventures" after he left the jedi order. I just figured he lived in the desert like a hermit just as they hinted.

BUT... I love Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and I'm down for this.

Obi-Wan really should've been the main character in the prequel trilogy.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Re: Obi-Wan movie

Post by lionheart » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:21 am

die wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/movies/forget-han ... 05292.html

As a kid, I always just assumed that Obi-Wan didn't really have any "adventures" after he left the jedi order. I just figured he lived in the desert like a hermit just as they hinted.

BUT... I love Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and I'm down for this.

Obi-Wan really should've been the main character in the prequel trilogy.
Yes, yes, yes, and no. I'd love to see more Ewan McGregor; he was by far the best actor in the original trilogy (Liam Neeson was good too, but only in TPM). Anakin was still the central character for the story, but they hired shitty actors to play him. In the long view of the Star Wars story, it's all about the Skywalkers; it's just a shame that Christiansen was so fucking shitty.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:02 am

I'm certainly not about to say Hayden Christensen was a decent actor :lmao:

BUT...

Even if there was the best actor ever playing him, the way the character was written sucked dick.

In the prequel trilogy, the Dark Lord of the Sith still said YIPPEE and kicked it with a giant headed baby Greedo. He also murdered younglings for zero reason and had creepy pick up lines. How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:20 pm

die wrote:I'm certainly not about to say Hayden Christensen was a decent actor :lmao:

BUT...

Even if there was the best actor ever playing him, the way the character was written sucked dick.

In the prequel trilogy, the Dark Lord of the Sith still said YIPPEE and kicked it with a giant headed baby Greedo. He also murdered younglings for zero reason and had creepy pick up lines. How about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Agreed 100% there; when the writing is a bag of smashed assholes it's rough. I do feel like an actor with some real juice would have had the balls to push back on the adolescent/young adult Anakin. The YIPPEE was a bad kid actor playing an awfully written kid role. I'm excluding that one because I don't think any young actor saves that role.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"