Disney ain't fucking around

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

Re: Disney ain't fucking around

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:57 pm

I've re-watched John Carter several times since then, it has a lot of really good things going. the main gripe I have is that Mars looks too much like death valley (should have been more red). And of course Taylor Kitsch's acting reminds me of Hayden Christiansen... cant act his way out of a paper bag.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:37 pm

John Carter will end up being one of those movies like Blade Runner. It flopped when it came out, but is gonna live on with the true fans and develop a solid cult following.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ney-293944" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Those are valid points, but just in terms of dollars, "John Carter" was a huge bomb. Disney sunk a ton of money into making and marketing it, and it tanked hard. Ditto for "The Lone Ranger."

(I personally enjoyed "John Carter," but only thought it was a C+ movie because it is nearly impossible to make an original, engaging movie out of 100 year old source material everyone has already ripped off over and over, but I haven't seen it since it was at the theater, so I could be wrong and time will tell. I avoided "The Lone Ranger" for the same reasons I am sure everyone else did.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_box_office_bombs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I forgot all about "Mars Needs Moms."
die

Post by die » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm

John Carter does not belong in the same sentence as Blade Runner.
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 pm

The Nines and Blade Runner are both excellent movies guys.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The Nines does not even belong in the same sentence as The Lone Ranger or Depp Tonto's chodestache.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:21 pm

why does zygote continue to shove that movie in peoples faces... he must want to make donkey love to Van Deadpool or something
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Mex,

I can't help it that I have seen things that you wouldn't believe. Like how to live a life outside of perma-beta status. too soon?

Die,

I am in a weird mood today bro. Sometimes I feel like you and I are not humans. But we think that we are. Then I think that the nines was made to remind us of this. Blade runner does the same thing. Just for you more than me. And that is ok. This board needs tags.

edit: cremated @ how these dudes stay knowing my boarding words yet having me on ignore. Yall more fictitious than Soviet's love life.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:54 am

PhreakyMex wrote:why does zygote continue to shove that movie in peoples faces...
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:24 am

die wrote:John Carter does not belong in the same sentence as Blade Runner.
Oh, that's not true.

"The store didn't have a copy of Blade Runner, but we found a copy of John Carter in the discount bin."
die

Post by die » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm

it still feels kinda wrong though.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:21 am

Universal ain't fucking around either. Between "Jurassic World," "Furious 7," and "Minions," they're having a hell of a year.
Disney was supposed to be 2015's big champion

The new Star Wars movie should still pull in massive box office.
Disney had both a new Avengers movie and a new Star Wars movie arriving in 2015, along with two new Pixar films (Inside Out and the upcoming Good Dinosaur), Marvel's Ant-Man, and the hugely successful Cinderella live-action adaptation.

And to be sure, Disney has had an excellent year. Age of Ultron pulled in north of $1 billion worldwide. Ant-Man is toward the lower end of Marvel releases but still a respectable performer, while Inside Out and Cinderella were both smashes with the family crowd. If Star Wars is as big as it should be, Disney still stands a chance at posting its own best-ever year.

But it'll be tough to catch Universal. Look at how huge it is compared with other studios at this point in time.
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/20/9183589/st ... -universal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
die

Post by die » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:12 pm

So Doctor Strange is almost upon us. I lol'd when the trailer said LIKE NOTHING YOU'VE EVER SEEN BEFORE and then they showed Doctor Strange running around inside of the SET FROM THE MOVIE INCEPTION.

I'm still willing to overlook that though, I mean, I expected Ant Man to not be good but it was.