Hot Topic Joker in: SUICIDE FOR ATTENTION SQUAD

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
cYnical

Re: Hot Topic Joker in: SUICIDE FOR ATTENTION SQUAD

Post by cYnical » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Oh, the editing is definitely choppy. You can tell they made a "mainstream cut" from a couple different versions of the movie. I dug the intros at the beginning of the movie, though. They reminded me of Can't Hardly Wait.

I wish they'd played Joker as more of the abusive boyfriend manipulating Harley with Stockholm Syndrome, rather than the "Awww, he really does love her!" take, but I'm sure that was WB fearing batshit SJW backlash after the Ghostbusters fiasco. I'm sorta glad they cut a lot of what the did, because I'd rather they save stuff like Harley leaving Joker for later.
die

Post by die » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:09 pm

I want a Captain Boomerang movie, yesterday.
Yes.

Most of the reviewers at least agree that they were shocked by how much they liked Jai Courtney in this.

I'm totally interested in seeing what Joker scenes got cut. There's not really enough in the movie to even judge Leto's performance. I did like what I saw though.

OH, and fuck all of these bitches who are crying about the fact that Harley got punched by Batman. I thought that shit was awesome. I mean, you want "equality" right? Harley is just as deadly as the male bad guys, why shouldn't she get equally punched? You want to be progressive, but have Batfleck act like Adam West?
There is another Skywalker....
die

Post by die » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:35 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/director-sui ... 29265.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Damn. They should've done a Harley and Joker movie first!

They should just do it with the stand alone Batman flick and have the scene where Robin gets killed.
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 am

I think the fact that the people who balked at Joker's new look are now begging for more footage of him is a good thing.

How do you avoid endless comparisons to Ledger's portrayal? Use the new Joker sparingly. Now that everyone's on board and wants more, you can give them a full movie that feautures him, and people are more likely to give it a fair shake.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:39 am

Saw it today, enjoyed it. Enchantress was stupid but the characters introduced were great. My love for Margot Robbie knows no bounds.

I am surprised they didn't go the Marvel route of introducing the characters first in standalone movies, but I guess this movie sets up very well for follow-up standalone. Harley/Joker, Captain Boomerang, Diablo, and Deadshot all have the capability to be standalone movies that can work, although they may just be individual enemies for the upcoming Justice League individuals. I could also see an Aquaman/Croc movie being the easiest "pass" decision I've ever made because they both fucking STINK.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Have seen this now... twice..

Yes you can tell that WB monkeyed with it a whole hell of a lot... That whole scene with Common was completely and totally utterly fucking useless..

HotTopicJoker- Took a minute to grow on me.. but I think given more to do and more scenes to chew on... Leto will be just fine. He's no Ledger.. or hell no Nicholson.. but he's a different take

Harley Quinn - I wish they had fully done her backstory... but her fully formed crazy ass self... pretty good.. and you could tell there were flashes of the psychiatrist that she's supposed to be... like that scene in the bar.

WelcometoEARFSmith (aka DeadEARFShot) - At first he's playing a caricature of himself, then he's actually pretty cool as deadshot, then he ends up being his stupid self again. I'm sorry, wrong choice for this character

Capn Boomerang - Jai Courtneylove was just crazy as fuck to play this dude... I liked it.. nuff said

El Diablo - aside from the fact that he helped in the end, didnt belong in this movie

Amanda Waller - one baaad bitch...well done..

Rick Flag - Robocop did OK i guess

Enchantress - other than looking hot in all that mud, and then eeriely hot in her final getup... Bad Idea.

Her brother - i'm not even gonna comment on that clusterfuck..

There... thats my two cents
die

Post by die » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 pm

I actually liked the Enchantress "character". I thought she looked cool and the scene where she takes over June in the government meeting was pretty awesome looking. The problem for me with the character is she should not have been the bad guy. I was expecting her to be the wildcard of the team and end up coming around to help at the end, much like Diablo ended up doing.

Man, if you look back at the trailers for this there are tons of Joker scenes that weren't even used in the actual film. Also, that scene of Joker with his face all crashed up in the tux laughing looks stellar... I can't believe they left that out, that's the most like the classic Joker I've seen him look.

Unlike BvS, this is a movie that could actually be better with some added scenes and tweaking for a blu ray release. So, there's hope there if they go that way.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:54 pm

die wrote:I actually liked the Enchantress "character". I thought she looked cool and the scene where she takes over June in the government meeting was pretty awesome looking. The problem for me with the character is she should not have been the bad guy. I was expecting her to be the wildcard of the team and end up coming around to help at the end, much like Diablo ended up doing.

Man, if you look back at the trailers for this there are tons of Joker scenes that weren't even used in the actual film. Also, that scene of Joker with his face all crashed up in the tux laughing looks stellar... I can't believe they left that out, that's the most like the classic Joker I've seen him look.

Unlike BvS, this is a movie that could actually be better with some added scenes and tweaking for a blu ray release. So, there's hope there if they go that way.
I agree with your last sentence if they make another ultimate cut of this.. and put in all of the missing shit.. this movie will actually benefit from it.. as opposed to Batfleck v Supes.

Its almost like they set out to make this and didnt figure out who the villain was until about halfway through filming..
die

Post by die » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Well, I read that there was a rush to get this one out and that Ayer wasn't given enough time to work some things out. More than likely, the major cause is probably pretty much the same issue that most movies like this face... TOO MANY PEOPLE IN CHARGE.

I mean, the days of a director actually making a movie are pretty much long gone.

Suicide Squad is very flawed, however I find myself unable to actually hate it. It has at least appealed to me on a level that MoS and BvS could not.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:59 pm

i dont hate this movie either... it was entertaining.. and it served a purpose to further their shared universe... I want to see Waller pop her head into JL and stir the proverbial pot
die

Post by die » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:22 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/suicide ... 29370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ Gotta give this dude some credit for manning-up on this. You don't see that happen much anymore.

I think that ultimately this should've been 3 different movies, that's the main problem.

There should've been a Batman film where he fights Joker (Robin dies)... A Harley and Joker film (Harley leaves Joker/pseudo face turn) and then Suicide Squad (Harley goes back to Joker in the end).

^We basically just got "clips" of much of that.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:59 pm

die wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/suicide ... 29370.html

^ Gotta give this dude some credit for manning-up on this. You don't see that happen much anymore.

I think that ultimately this should've been 3 different movies, that's the main problem.

There should've been a Batman film where he fights Joker (Robin dies)... A Harley and Joker film (Harley leaves Joker/pseudo face turn) and then Suicide Squad (Harley goes back to Joker in the end).

^We basically just got "clips" of much of that.
That has been DC's problem since this whole thing began. They have no oversight over all their projects, and most of all, they're trying to rush their cinematic universe and flesh it out, without doing it step by step like Marvel did.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:02 pm

They do now. After BvS hit, they put Geoff Johns into the Kevin Feige role. It happened a little too late to change much of Suicide Squad or WW, but he was all over JL and everything coming after.

The big changes to Shazam/Black Adam, and the fast tracking of GL are partly because of this.
die

Post by die » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 pm

so, wait... Justice League is going to be good?
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Maybe.

http://heroichollywood.com/wonder-woman ... vies-dceu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;