Spidermole Comes Home....sorta

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

Spidermole Comes Home....sorta

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Sort of...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=115025
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.
It pisses me off that that ho Pascal is still involved... she needs to GTFO
die

Re: Spiderman Comes Home....sorta

Post by die » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Man, there have been so many dips and turns in this story over the past few months. all I know is if they try to re-tell the origin story again, I am breaking all of my Spider-Man action figures.
There is another Skywalker....
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Kevin Feige has stated many times, he wouldn't do an origin story because people already know about it. He wants to do a story a few years into Spidey's career, when he's already somewhat comfortable with his new powers, and the world around him.

Can't wait to see what happens here.

AND PUT THIS MAN INTO EVERY FUCKING MARVEL MOVIE:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/j ... spider-man

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:36 pm

funniest thing I read today:
Spider-Man reboots should start with the previous actor biting the new one as the origin story.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

SoVi3t wrote:

AND PUT THIS MAN INTO EVERY FUCKING MARVEL MOVIE:

yes!!!
die

Post by die » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:12 pm

as long as they don't completely fuck the Mary Jane character up again.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 am

SoVi3t wrote: AND PUT THIS MAN INTO EVERY FUCKING MARVEL MOVIE:

True dat.
die

Post by die » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm

RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 pm

Rhut roh...
Now Sony is reshuffling Spider-Man’s status once more, a move that will result not only in the character’s official induction into the Marvel Cinematic Universe but also a new solo movie due in 2017. This new movie and its implied sequels are being referred to as a “new creative direction” for the character, which apparently is movie-executive slang for “we’re just going to do the origin story again.” Variety reports that the character is being sent back to high school for the upcoming series of Spider-films, the difference this time being that “the plan is to spend more time in the [Midtown High School] setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom.”
http://www.avclub.com/article/spider-ma ... ain-215104

They should just handle the origin the way it was handled in "Incredible Hulk": quick flashback during the credits. And it should be as close as possible to the version of the origin used by Sam Raimi because it was the most faithful to the comics.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:10 am

He can go back to being a high school student (which makes sense, and allows for us to watch him go through University), without doing an origin story. Just have him being Spider-Man for a year or a few months, but in his last year of high school.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 pm

I think they could do sort of a voiceover.... like on Flash, where he introduces himself and he's already the hero
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:18 am

So this is a thing now: http://imgur.com/a/VSVqX?gallery
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 am

http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-short ... exclusive/
‘Spider-Man’ Shortlist Includes ‘Paper Towns’ Star Nat Wolff, ‘Hugo’s’ Asa Butterfield (Exclusive)

Sony is whittling its list down and is expected to make test offers next week for the coveted role
Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Sony is preparing to make test offers to several young stars next week, with a decision expected in the next 2-3 weeks, though a deal may take longer to hammer out. To be clear, none of the five actors above have test offers, but multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have confirmed they are strong contenders who are definitely in the mix as of right now, and the group paints a picture of the kind of actor the studios want.

Sony and Marvel had no comment regarding the shortlist.

While the new Spider-Man is expected to have a cameo in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” which starts filming very soon, the role won’t need to be filled until June, when the character will be needed on set.

The new “Spider-Man” movie has been shrouded in secrecy, and as with any shortlist, there are actors in the mix whose identities remain a secret. It’s also possible that one of the aforementioned quintet may not end up testing for the coveted role, but as of right now, those are the five actors TheWrap has heard consistently from trusted sources.
Drew Goddard remains the frontrunner to direct the new “Spider-Man” movie, which is expected to be set in high school. All of the five actors above can pass for high school students, including Wolff, who at 20 years old, is the oldest of the quintet. Wolff is riding high off “The Fault In Our Stars,” and stars opposite Cara Delevingne in the next John Green adaptation, “Paper Towns,” in which he plays a high school student.

Chalamet and James have had similar career trajectories. Both starred on hit TV shows — Chalamet on “Homeland” and James on “The Killng” — and have made a successful jump to features. Chalamet played Matthew McConaughey‘s son in Christopher Nolan’s “Interstellar,” while James carried the hit indie “The Way Way Back” on his young shoulders.

Likewise, Holland was arguably the lead of the acclaimed drama “The Impossible,” which launched his career. He also co-stars in Ron Howard’s whale tale “In the Heart of the Sea.”
Butterfield may be the best known among the five actors, having played the lead in “Ender’s Game” and Martin Scorsese‘s “Hugo.” He’s also the lead in Tim Burton‘s adaptation of “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.”

The new standalone “Spider-Man” movie is slated to swing into theaters on July 28, 2017.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

die

Post by die » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm always scared to open this thread up.

Instant death @ "EDM"

I still fully expect them to fuck up.