Spidermole Comes Home....sorta

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

Re: Spidermole Comes Home....sorta

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:44 pm

$nave

Post by $nave » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Saw it last night. It's an okay movie. The best part is Michael Keaton as the Vulture. They told it in a way that makes his suit believable and Keaton is very menacing. The movie gets into his backstory a bit to humanize him a lil, so he was not like Loki or Ultron which were just evil for the sake of evil.

Marisa Tomei is still fine and currently the only AMILF (Aunt May's I'd Like to Fuck) ever. Makes me think how awesome Cocoon would have been if they started off with just hot and young chicks and just talked about how much it fucking sucks to be old. Now that's quality story telling.

They've set up MJ to be a jerk nerd for the next go around. So look forward to a shit ton of snarky dialog for the next installment.

Stayed for the after credit scene was a meta-joke about how patience isn't always rewarded. Cute.

Grade it a B.
die

Post by die » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Still haven't seen it yet, but AMILF is sold.
There is another Skywalker....
die

Post by die » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 am

Saw it finally. Keaton was awesome, Tom Holland was awesome. It was a good movie overall. There were some great Easter eggs throughout, the 2 bonus scenes were basically letdowns for anybody who enjoys cliffhanger type bonus scenes.

My only real issue was that they are hammering diversity into our souls on this one. Almost every character in this movie is black, mixed race, indian, into biracial relationships, asian, eskimo, anything but white.

Peter Parker's homeboy was basically the kid from Up.

I mean, it's great to offer roles to great actors and not have race be an issue, but this has the stench of agenda about it.

It was still a solid movie, but I bet one day we will look back and laugh at how movies like this were so patronizing.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:15 pm

I mean, it's great to offer roles to great actors and not have race be an issue, but this has the stench of agenda about it.
I dont think that was a Marvel edict

This stinks of that sony bitch who thinks shes in charge...

I saw this on Sunday... i enjoyed it... its as if they captured Peter/spidey in a bottle now... Please dont fuck it up. the kid is perfect.

My favorite scene was when they find out who each other is...first Peter... then Toomes... thats some good writing/scenery there.

my second favorite scene was the end... What the F???????

Also, AMILF for the win... even with her high waisted pants...
die

Post by die » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Haha! I loved the high waisted pants, it was totally over the top and heavily tongue and cheek. I loved how everybody in the movie had a boner for her. It just worked for me, totally.

I know Marvel, Disney and Star Wars are all basically in the same bucket now, but I still love the cross over references at face value. When Ned dropped the Lego Death Star, I chuckled. That had to be a one take, those things are expensive and a bitch to build for sure