The Marvel Movie Thread

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
RobotJerk

Re: The Marvel Movie Thread

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:58 pm

"Gambit" has a release date:
http://comicbook.com/2015/01/06/gambit- ... er-7-2016/

I have mixed feeling about this.

Mostly negative is still considered "mixed" right?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:15 pm

DEAR SWEET BABY JEEBA....

SPOILER ALERT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marve ... and-spidey
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:15 am

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:51 pm

RobotJerk wrote:"Gambit" has a release date:
http://comicbook.com/2015/01/06/gambit- ... er-7-2016/

I have mixed feeling about this.

Mostly negative is still considered "mixed" right?

I want to mixed martial arts punch my self in the balls every time I hear news about this film.

A stand alone Gambit movie really isn't a great idea. A Gambit movie with Tanning Chatum is a DICKSORE.

I mean, Gambit is a cool X-Men and a fan favorite for sure, but I'd only want to see him legitimately join the X-Men in an X-Men movie and have his story intertwined with the other characters. His character deserves some special attention but not a whole film.

I'd like to see Wigger Duke no where near the project at all.
There is another Skywalker....
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm

die wrote:
I'd like to see Wigger Duke no where near the project at all.
:lol:

I thought he has been shockingly good in the "Jump Street" movies, but he was deplorable in GI Joe.

The character itself sucked in the Wolverine movie, which was a little disappointing because I used to like Gambit as a kid and I generally think Taylor Kitsch is pretty good.

I don't like the chances of this one.

Also, P-Mex's 8th Street Latinas source is full of interesting speculation, but it's just that - speculation. Steve Rogers will probably die because of contractual challenges with Chris Evans. I don't think they move away from Thor any time soon, and Spiderman entering the construct would be dumb.

They could easily get rid of the Jeremy Renner character and no one would notice he was gone for three movies.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:50 pm

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Solid choices..

Especially that kid from Mud.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:51 pm

I bet they will still find a way to make the movie all about Wolverine, though.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:49 pm

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/26/fox-is- ... sion-show/
FOX has confirmed that they're developing a TV series set in the X-Men universe, TV Insider reports.

Fox entertainment co-chairman Gary Newman is reportedly their source, saying that negotiations with Marvel, who have to sign off on the project, have slowed the process.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 pm

die

Post by die » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Wow, you know... looking at it like that makes me feel weird. There's so many things that I want to say but I don't know where to start.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:33 pm

And then this shit happened...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=115028

Four future installments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have received new release dates through 2019, including Thor’s next solo adventure as well as the first films for Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans!

Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” will hit theaters November 3, 2017. The following year, Marvel’s “Black Panther” will make its way to theaters on July 6, 2018, and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” on November 2, 2018. Finally, Marvel’s “Inhumans” will now debut in theaters July 12, 2019.

The previously announced dates for Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War Part 2” on May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019, respectively, remain unchanged.
Something had to give...
die

Post by die » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Fuck, they might as well just make a list of movies to cover the next 20 years at this point.

If there were only Marvel movies on par with Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy, no problemo but with 50 different people playing Hulk and Spider-man and 1983248239823 X-Men movies about Wolverine or another awkward Ghost Rider entry (not to mention massive talentless douchebags cast as Deadpool & Gambit) Marvel might want to go back to the "wait & see" approach.

Wouldn't it be funny if they poured all of this money and hype into these movies and movie goers were just like "fuck it, we're tired of comic book movies" and Marvel had to drop like 200 movies they'd already been working on?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 pm

die wrote: Wouldn't it be funny if they poured all of this money and hype into these movies and movie goers were just like "fuck it, we're tired of comic book movies" and Marvel had to drop like 200 movies they'd already been working on?
With all of these 'new' geeks that are jumping on the bandwagon and no shortage of $30,000 millionare mommies shooting babies outta their cooters like fucking cannons, I dont see this ending... Quality will suffer the later this goes on... and we'll probably end up with Roger Corman fantastic 4 shit again... (granted with much better looking CGI)

I do hope though that quality wont suffer... and that those who are now the alpha geeks will somehow weasel their way in charge....
die

Post by die » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Trust me, with these many comic book movies, eventually there will be a shift.

It's like when everything was disco then everybody hated disco. It's coming, Marvel is just banking on it being at least 15-20 years down the road.

with Fantastic 4, Hulk, Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Punisher, etc getting so many reboots in such short time periods, I think people are now starting to be a bit like wtf.

Add in the fact that there have been so many franchises with the third film in the series being major letdowns to the fans.

it's gonna happen.