The Marvel Movie Thread

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

The Marvel Movie Thread

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:03 pm

We have threads for each new Marvel flick that comes out... but I think we need a generic forum in which to talk about the rest of the stuff (see Netflix, rumormill, etc) I am opening this thread with that end in mind... also.. i'm posting the first 'news'

http://nerdapproved.com/movies/marvel-g ... ie-rights/
die

Re: The Marvel Movie Thread

Post by die » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:58 pm

This is the perfect place for me to point out the fact that any and all Marvel movies/tv/animation that star Van Wilder in it will suck dick.

Bradley Cooper gets a free pass for life.
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Are we just talking Cinematic Universe movies? Or the various licenced franchises, like X-Men, Spidey, and Fucked-Up Four?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:17 am

i'd like to say anything Marvel.. be it MCU Fox or Sony
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:02 am

die wrote:This is the perfect place for me to point out the fact that any and all Marvel movies/tv/animation that star Van Wilder in it will suck dick.

Bradley Cooper gets a free pass for life.
He was good in the nines
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:49 am

Van Wilder in The Nines' epic portrayal of Van Wilder whimpering and skeeting onto himself is my ringtone.

But, I'd still rather massage Rocket Raccoon 's pinkthing than try to make it through the entire movie of The Nines.

The closest thing Van Wilder ever did that could come close to redemption was the Threw it on the Ground video. This is not even opinion, it is fact.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Well old friend it seems you have painted yourself into pink thing corner then because now since you will not watch the entire movie you will never know. So you are basing your conclusion off of nothing but your imagination. This IS opinion. Not fact. I welcome a sarcastic response or a tldr. But it will be inconclusive. He was good in the nines. :marvin:
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 pm

PhreakyMex wrote:i'd like to say anything Marvel.. be it MCU Fox or Sony
Yeah...I don't like that idea.
die

Post by die » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:33 pm

range

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... ty-2014195

^ I literally just executed a Metroid roll out of my office chair when I read the comments to that news article. :lmao:
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:08 pm

RobotJerk wrote:

Why Robo?? enlighten me please
die

Post by die » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm excited for a Guardians sequel for sure, put that at the top of the list for me.

As for Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher... Reboots are definitely needed for all 3 at this point in time. Punisher is the tricky one to me because it has been redone so much in such a short time period with mixed results. I still think if they can really capture the early Punisher War Journal version of Frank Castle, it could be epic. I just feel that so many people that have been involved with Punisher Hollywood-wise do not truly understand the character.

I do wonder where you can go with Blade after the Snipes version. The more modernized, updated look for Blade goes hand-in-hand with Snipes, it's pretty much what everybody thinks of rather than a 70's Jive Turkey Blade. After shit like Vampire Diaries, Twilight, True Blood and Vampire Academy - I'm scared they will try to make Blade sparkle or emo or some shit.

Ghost Rider may be dead and gone for forever thanks to Nick Cage.

I do not give a fuck about Namor tbh.

Fagtastic 4 is going to blow goat thrice for the perfect hat trick of shitty takes on that franchise.

Bring on Howard the Duck though, I don't even care how bad the old one was.

same with Daredevil, I still think there's a chance there.... especially if Affleck redeems himself in Batman. I'm not saying bring Affleck back as Daredevil- HELL FUCKING NO - I'm just saying, maybe people will forget easier if Affleck redeems himself and make the franchise name less tarnished. Look how the dude who played Starlord stepped up and nailed it, that's proof you can take a guy like that without the giant star power and people will watch it. You don't need The Rock as Daredevil or any shit like that. The other Hemsworth kid could probably pull off a role like that with some good writing and decent art & design.

Forehead-wrinkles Bullseye and Black Kingpin sucked dick.

As for tv series, I'd love to see something like Master of Kung Fu done...

A weekly series like that could be awesome.

or imagine them doing a "What If" style series, each having opening narration by The Watcher

It's funny, because some of the comic properties that should've been lay-ups ended up as fails yet some of the ones you thought they could never pull-off turned out being epic. I promise I thought Guardians would be a fail, I figured they'd get it completely wrong.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:18 pm

same with Daredevil, I still think there's a chance there.... especially if Affleck redeems himself in Batman. I'm not saying bring Affleck back as Daredevil- HELL FUCKING NO - I'm just saying, maybe people will forget easier if Affleck redeems himself and make the franchise name less tarnished. Look how the dude who played Starlord stepped up and nailed it, that's proof you can take a guy like that without the giant star power and people will watch it. You don't need The Rock as Daredevil or any shit like that. The other Hemsworth kid could probably pull off a role like that with some good writing and decent art & design.
have you seen what they're doing for the Netflix show???
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Blade - just gimme Snipes again, and put it in the future, after the Vampire Apocalypse.

Daredevil - Gotta be gritty making a new movie. Should just have gave us the Born Again storyline.

Punisher - Don't gimme stupid villains like Jigsaw or Tombstone, please. If you do, make them somebody added in. Just gimme Ma Gnucci and Punisher punching a bear in the face. Movie has to be gory too, it's Punisher. Gotta be rated R (like Blade).

Marvel needs to realize that some of it's comics are meant to be rated R, when done in movie form, or at least PG-13 (i was quite shocked at how much shit GotG managed to get away with, for a PG13 movie)

Fantastic Four 3....errr, 1 - going to be completely awful, and the black Torch is gonna hurt them big time. It's not even a racist thing, just pure logic.

Ghost Rider - current GR is latino, they could possibly pull off something there. If done right, could be good. Making Mephisto and Blackheart human, was dumb. And keep Cage away from it.

Universal has the movie rights to Namor, hence why he hasn't been added to the Avengers yet. And they are doing nothing with those rights.

Howard the Duck was just a funny add to GotG, there is no movie for him in any sort of plans.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:46 am

SoVi3t wrote:Punisher - Don't gimme stupid villains like Jigsaw or Tombstone, please. If you do, make them somebody added in. Just gimme Ma Gnucci and Punisher punching a bear in the face. Movie has to be gory too, it's Punisher. Gotta be rated R (like Blade).
Did someone say punching a bear in the face? 'Cuz I thought I just heard....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:21 pm

PhreakyMex wrote:
RobotJerk wrote:

Why Robo?? enlighten me please
Marvel Studios movies don't deserve to be lumped in with the (mostly) crap from the other studios using Marvel characters.