The Marvel Movie Thread

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
RobotJerk

Re: The Marvel Movie Thread

Post by RobotJerk » Sat May 21, 2016 4:12 am

Fuck making a separate Thor thread.

http://www.avclub.com/article/thor-ragn ... f-g-237130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thor: Ragnarok plays celebrity grab bag, adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban

Marvel’s main takeaway from the success of Captain America: Civil War seems to be that people like it when a lot of charming celebrities come together in one movie. Now the studio is doubling down on that philosophy by cramming as many famous faces as possible into Thor: Ragnarok. The third Thor film is set to be something of a galactic buddy road trip movie starring Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Loki (Tom Hiddleston), and the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). And while we previously knew they’d be meeting baddie Cate Blanchett and new love interest Tessa Thompson along the way, Marvel apparently reached into the celebrity grab bag to fill out the rest of the cast.

And the names they drew were Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, who are both joining Thor: Ragnarok, which somehow feels both incredibly random and also kind of logical. After all, they both already have space-related movies coming out this summer (Independence Day: Resurgence and Star Trek Beyond, respectively) in which their main job is to stare in wonder, deliver a wry quip, and do vague science stuff. And this makes a genre franchise hat-trick for both of them, with Goldblum now in the MCU, Independence Day, and Jurassic Park, and Urban in the MCU, Star Trek, and Lord Of The Rings. (Plus Dredd, which—by the way—he’s totally happy to revisit.)

Marvel also released information on who all these new cast members will be playing. Blanchett is the “mysterious and powerful” villain Hela. Thompson is the heroic Asgardian warrior Valkyrie. Goldblum will be the “eccentric” Grandmaster, who has a comic-book connection to The Collector, Benicio del Toro’s Liberace-esque character from Guardians Of The Galaxy. And Urban is playing the terribly named villain Skurge. (Nerdist has a more detailed breakdown of each character’s comic book origins.) Plus Marvel officially released this concept art, which may or may not confirm that Thor: Ragnarok is about the hunt for the Yellow King.

Of course Thor: Ragnarok doesn’t hit theaters until November 2017, so until then we’re left to point out just how incestuous these big Hollywood franchises have become. For instance, Urban is actually the fifth Star Trek/MCU crossover, joining Zoe Saldana, Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba, and Hemsworth himself, who have all pulled double duty. (Chris Pine, meanwhile, has thrown his lot in with DC and John Cho is currently only playing superheroes in our dreams.) And Goldblum will have the rare honor of working with two Hemsworth brothers, since he already shot Independence Day: Resurgence alongside Liam Hemsworth.

It’s veritable never-ending array of connections (Blanchett was also in Lord Of The Rings with Urban), but at least there’s one less factor to consider: Natalie Portman is officially out of the film.
Basically here's your cast:

I approve of all of these choices. Except Valkryrie, because she needs to have some big cone tittays.

Image <--- not enough to fill big cones

(Before we potentially get into the whole "Shouldn't she be white?" thing (again)...that ship has sailed. Let me also point out that maybe Asgardians never all were...the Norse people just assumed they all were in their painting and the 7 Realms are basically a Rainbow Bridge Coalition of human-looking ethnicities?)

Here's some other points of reference...

HELA

The Grandmaster

The inclusion of Karl Urban as Skurge the Executioner I hope means that they'll be including the Enchantress as well.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat May 21, 2016 3:19 pm

I was hoping they would bust out more of the Elders of the Universe. Goldblum is a fucking great pickup, as Grandmaster.

I am also hoping we get Enchantress in this movie.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Sat May 21, 2016 4:19 pm

I know they've been pushing the gay/lesbian agenda so hard...well, this would be the perfect movie for a strong lesbian relationship.

They should bust out She Hulk already.
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat May 21, 2016 6:01 pm

die wrote:I know they've been pushing the gay/lesbian agenda so hard...well, this would be the perfect movie for a strong lesbian relationship.
If Sif isn't too busy playing a human X-file on "Blindspot" maybe she could do her own "Ride of the Valkeryie"?
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:55 am

Well isn't this interesting?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/06/ ... ios-and-f/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also the script/plot for Thor 3 got leaked. Basically Loki exiles Thor, and Grandmaster gets his hands on him. Loki also banishes Hulk there, for being tossed around in Avengers. They team up with Valkyrie and Odin disguised as a bum (?), to save the day from Ragnarok.

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Kurt Russell confirmed to be Star-Lord's dad.

aka Ego the Living Planet

SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:37 am

http://www.cbr.com/guardians-of-the-gal ... -darkhawk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nova, Angela, and Darkhawk, in GOTG2?

die

Post by die » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm so ready for Guardians 2.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster:

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:10 pm

I never knew I needed goth Cate Blanchett until this picture...

die

Post by die » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:31 am

Agreed!
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Seeing this now is pretty funny...

Fucking obliterated at FANTASTIC FOUR 2

EAT MANY DICKS, FOX!!!
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

So many of those dates are so different now.. and yes...eat a giant clydesdale sized dick FOX
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:43 pm

Indeed.

And yo, check out that SPIDERMAN FEMALE LEAD SPINOFF movie, lol. That was based off of the Andrew Garfield movies, so you know that wasn't happeneing. Notice that have Amazing Spiderman 3 on that list too.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK IS ALREADY OUT... they have zero tentative date for it, but Fantastic 4 was money in the bank