GAME OF MOTHERFUCKING THRONES

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
lionheart

Re: GAME OF MOTHERFUCKING THRONES

Post by lionheart » Mon May 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Episode 4, and things are up and running.

The biggest complaint everyone had - too many storylines running five minute blurbs - was answered effectively here, as they did a much better job tying together storylines and merging them with more seamless transitions.

No Bran and no Arya storyline developments this week. Arya may have moved forward a little too quickly, so scaling her back may keep her development more "even".

Multiple stories cross paths in the North, as Theon gets home to the Iron Islands while Brienne delivers Sansa to Castle Black. I thought the Sansa/Jon scenes were good; it was refreshing to see them be a little tongue in cheek as they recognized what an insufferable cunt and mopey douche the first two were the early seasons of the show. This line also tied in very well with Littlefinger weaseling the Knights of the Vale on Winterfell. Right now it looks like Ramsey will be luring the KoV and Wildlings to his door at the same time, and I expect that House Umber and Carstark will likely turn on him. Wouldn't be surprised if Sansa / Jon Snow also rallies House Tully, since teasers showed the fish banners. This will almost undoubtedly be the major climax this year.

In King's Landing, there was a very creepy conversation between the High Sparrow and Margery, where they JUST KEPT FUCKING ZOOMING ON HIM. It was really unsettling, I felt like I was being hypnotized as I watched it. Weird. I -do- really like how Cercei finally used her evil power for something constructive, allowing House Martell to "attack" the Sparrows and take out the threat, while saving Margery. It sounds great, but there has to be a MAJOR double cross coming there, and I wouldn't be surprised with either the Lannisters or Martells doing the crossing.

Are we going to see the GraveKeeper / Frankenmountain Cleganebowl or what? This week was a big setback for Cleganebowl and I, for one, am not happy.

Tyrion/Missandei/Greyworm looked directly to Jorah and Dario, who found Daenarys for a wildly unrealistic but pretty cool sequence ending with an inconceivable last scene. I grimaced as she burned the house. In an episode that moved things forward, this scene was FUCKING STUPID.
- I have NO IDEA why dropping those torches led to explosive flames all through the room.
- I have NO IDEA why grown master warriors couldn't leave the path of slow moving flames.
- I have NO IDEA why no one attacked Danaerys as she kept toppling torches.
- I have NO IDEA why none of the Dothraki could push through a goddamned door.
- I have NO IDEA why Emilia Clarke has a no-nudity clause, but her body double has some bomb titties, so that was nice. Silver linings!
Last edited by lionheart on Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon May 16, 2016 2:35 pm

die wrote:To me, last night was the best episode so far. The pacing was back on par with earlier seasons of the show.

They really took my hatred of Bolton to all new heights, that is an impressive move.

I really enjoyed all of the tension in this, the red lady & Sir Davos looked super scurred of Bigfoot Ellen.
I'm just quoting for Bigfoot Ellen, because that's fucking magnificent. I agree on other fronts, aside from idiotic fire scene that I went on a tirade about.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon May 16, 2016 2:36 pm

nobody is talking about the full fruntal khaleesi from last night?

Bigfoot Ellen??? You mean Brienne?? if so that nickname slayed me.

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon May 16, 2016 2:38 pm

PhreakyMex wrote:nobody is talking about the full fruntal khaleesi from last night?
:x

die

Post by die » Mon May 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Oh yeah, as for the Burning Man Dothrakai Festival...

Yes, I agree with all of LH's comments about it. It was plain to see it was a body double, you could tell way more than you could in the Cersei nude scenes. I think that it is dumb as hell for these chicks to not be getting naked for real, I mean, they've both done it before. It's just stupid.

The titties were super sweet though, I can't lie.

I really expected the dragons to do a drive-by on those bootleg Samoans. The scene would've worked better for me if maybe the Dothrakis were getting burned alive as they tried to claw their way out. They did go out weak for some bad ass warriors lol.

Also, this takes Khaleesi in a direction Martin didn't intend to take her, right? I remember him saying in an interview that she wasn't FIREPROOF or GHOST RIDER W/ NICE TITS.

So, now it's more than just a phoenix type of situation where she is reborn from the ashes, she actually has super powers now.

and Jon Snow is a GHOST who has a Direwolf named GHOST.

Like I said, the potential for sharkjumping has totally increased this season, they gotta play it carefully.
There is another Skywalker....

$nave

Post by $nave » Mon May 16, 2016 8:59 pm

http://uproxx.com/tv/emilia-clarke-nake ... f-thrones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The lady says those are hers.

die

Post by die » Mon May 16, 2016 9:18 pm

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season three,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season six. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!” (Via)

^ It's like she's basically saying: MY TITS LOOK WAY BETTER NOW.

I figured for sure it was a body double or some form or trickery. I mean, after all, her stunt double is like 18 years old.

Might have to watch that scene 20 more times and come back to this thread.

$nave

Post by $nave » Mon May 16, 2016 11:06 pm

People are saying it's season 6 head on season 2 tits. We need Congress to investigate this.

$nave

Post by $nave » Mon May 16, 2016 11:40 pm

for science
http://daenerystargaryendaily.tumblr.co ... -i-took-my" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

die

Post by die » Tue May 17, 2016 2:16 pm

I heart science so hard.

die

Post by die » Tue May 17, 2016 4:29 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of- ... now-2016-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

die

Post by die » Fri May 20, 2016 2:23 pm

this week's preview looks good as hell:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-throne ... 00693.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this new chick looks like she's got a really nice rack too, hopefully she proves it.

$nave

Post by $nave » Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 am

"Hold the door" RIP

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon May 23, 2016 1:08 pm

What a kick in the fucking dick that episode was.
  • The Arya scene was really frustrating. In a show where every minute is precious, the re-enacted the dramatic scene AGAIN. This felt wasted - wasn't this almost identical to when Joffrey created the fake-reenactment of his rise to power? It also felt like they took a well progressing storyline and made it listless.
  • The Greyjoy storyline was excellent last night. Euron has a clear plan, and tied the Iron Islands back into the rest of the show.
  • I really thought the scene between Jorah and Khaleesi was excellent, too. Danaerys is often too overpowered, so it was good to see some real concern and vulnerability.
  • I've never seen Varys shook like he was with the red lady. Tyrion was also shaken and off his game as the two were disconnected. Didn't like that scene.
  • Finally, the Bran storyline just pissed me right off for a host of reasons.
For the Bran storyline, for every one answer we get it feels like three new questions arise. It appears that Bran CAN'T affect time, since any actions in his visions have already affected the world (case in point, HODOR). We don't know why the four horsemen of Icy Emo can walk through fire. We don't know what the Three Eyed Raven meant when he told Bran he "had to become him". We don't know shit about the Children of the Forest; are they all dead now?

Are the White Walkers Wargs, too? Is that why they could pinpoint Bran after touching him in a vision?

Maybe I need more time, my snap judgment was that it didn't make sense to me. I hated seeing innocent characters (Summer, Hodor) get worked like that.

die

Post by die » Mon May 23, 2016 2:12 pm

That's pretty much where I am at in the series as well... I'm hoping all of these things actually end up being more than shock value. So far, there's been nothing significant about Jon Snow coming back from the dead other than it made for a shocking cliffhanger last season. Khaleesi now has super powers and her dragons have pretty much been a non-issue.

Speaking of dragons, you'd think the Sons of Harpy wouldn't even be an issue anymore once dragons come in and scorch their ass. That should be enough to get everybody in check.

I'm really tired of Bran's and Arya's storylines right now. They are taking far too long to get on track and are far too repetitive.

The chick who played Sansa Stark in the play had some stellar boobs though.