SHELDON FLASHDEVIL: TEH TV SERIES

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

Re: SHELDON FLASHDEVIL: TEH TV SERIES

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:15 pm

I think this Jay Jackson (Jax) is al almagamation of several of the diferent firestorms into one new one
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:53 pm

I have gotten used to them using an established character for everything, but Jax seems a lot more like Ronnie and Jason Roush were in the comics than Ronnie and Jason were on the show.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:56 pm

RobotJerk wrote:I have gotten used to them using an established character for everything, but Jax seems a lot more like Ronnie and Jason Roush were in the comics than Ronnie and Jason were on the show.
i belive you have hit nail.. on head...
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:47 am

Fuck: Patty

Marry: Caitlyn

Kill: Iris
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:43 pm

fuck: iris

Marry: Patty

kill: dr light (can't remember her non superhero name)
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:30 pm

PhreakyMex wrote:kill: dr light (can't remember her non superhero name)
Linda Park...in the pre-Flashpoint continuity she was Wally West's wife...which made it especially weird she banged Barry on the show.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Crossover week this week... lets see how they do..
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Part 1 of the crossover event is over..

And I must say... I am underwhelmed.. Vandal Savage is not a menacing bastard.. He's like Ra's Al Ghul with moar magics...
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Man, they screwed up Vandal Savage. They tied the origin of Savage to that of the Hawks...I guess it works in a way since the reincarnation thing was endemic to Savage's traditional arch, the Immortal Man, but still. He's a Cro-Magnon, not a friggin' Egyptian, and he has nothing to do with the Nth Metal.

It'll be interesting to see if Malcolm Lazarus pits Vandal's dust somehow. Besides, wasn't he supposed to be the main baddie in Legends of Tomorrow?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm

They fucked up all 3 of their origins... All because they dont wanna touch the hawk's being from OUTERFUCKING SPACE
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:57 am

PhreakyMex wrote:They fucked up all 3 of their origins... All because they dont wanna touch the hawk's being from OUTERFUCKING SPACE
Not originally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkman#P ... on_history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:42 am

That's why you didn't see me griping about the Hawks' origins on the show. They finally got those straightened out in the excellent JSA book from the late nineties/early aughts where it's revealed/retconned that they were reincarnated as Thanagarians in the Silver Age. So they just decided to forget Thanagar for the DCCW, which is for the best.

But Vandal Savage's origin was completely rewritten for this adaptation. I think it's a shame since it's more interesting to me that he be his own character and not dependent upon freaking Hawkman and Hawkgirl. They could have still had the connection without making them rely on each other.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Finally got around to watching it, and this Flash/Arrow crossover doesn't make any sense. I am sure this is a case of the execs saying "just make a crossover, no one will care if it makes sense" but it seems like plot and character consistency gets sacrified way too often on these shows for the sake of expediency.

First Barry's like "Knife throwing guy MUST be magic, let's go to Star City!" and then everybody else is like "Fuck secret identifies, let's stand around people we don't know with our masks off!"

Hawkman looks like Vin Diesel cosplaying as Wolverine.

Oliver's "we should let Kendra jump off a building because you can't always be the hero, Barry" speech made all kinds of zero sense.

Good thing Oliver and Barry went for coffee or Oliver would have never found his long lost son.

I think the only reason that scientist's message was on a betamax tape was so Felicity could make a betamax joke about not being able to play the tape...but then the writers they decided to skip the part where they had to find something to play it on and and Felicity had it up in running in 2 seconds. That's pretty inconsequential but indicative of the kind of lazy writing the show suffers from.

Vandal Savage/Hawkman/Hawkgirl origin made no sense at all. "Hey, this meteor is going to make me immortal but have to keep chasing you!" "Ok, I am going to pray now so we can get hawk powers!"

Speaking of hawk powers...why does Kendra's suit have a convenient hawk-wing-growing hole in the back but Carter just has a regular back on his costume? Are their wings magic or organic or what? How do they just vanish when they don't need them? Did they even think this through before designing the characters?

So...and I am sure this will get covered in the new show, but...assuming Merlyn resurrects him somehow, if Vandal Savage is the big bad for "Legends of Tomorrow," but he needs to kill the Hawks to stay immortal, how is he still alive and kicking in the future without killing the Hawks? Or is Legends just going to be everyone travelling through time trying to keep Savage from killing them?
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:45 pm

RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Obviously he will have to be accidentally transported to her dimension since there's no Superman (yet) in the Arrowverse.