Netflix Will Have 4 Original Series of Marvel Characters

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
SoVi3t

Re: Netflix Will Have 4 Original Series of Marvel Characters

Post by SoVi3t » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:04 pm

fuck, I was trying to figure out where they would go after Episode 4. I knew Electra was coming and all that, but I was expecting more Punisher.

And then holy fuck, they decide to just up the ante on everything and so far this season EASILY surpasses last season.

There's like 4 or 5 MAJOR story arcs in this season, and they're all fucking incredible.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Finished up the season last night.

I think my only gripes were that some shit just seemed soooooooooooo fucking random and beneficial. Like when Punisher discovers that secret room in a shack in the middle of the woods, loaded with heavy weaponry and his signature body armor. And I was a little upset that Stone was in the first season but not in the second season.

Other than that, I felt it was overall a good season, a little weak and predictable at the end though. Nobu back, and gone from mid tier villain to main villain? Madame Gao says she is leaving in the last season, but apparently sticks around anyways? What in the fuck was that giant ass hole for?

Kinda shocked there was NOTHING about Bullseye in this season.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:21 am

Life got in the way of my binging. But I made it through 5 so far. That dogs of hell fight has the one from last year beat by a mile.
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:29 am

PhreakyMex wrote:Life got in the way of my binging. But I made it through 5 so far. That dogs of hell fight has the one from last year beat by a mile.

Wait a few more episodes. Even crazier fight coming.

My buddy pointed out that Matt seems to be kind of a dick this whole season. I think I agree, lol.

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 pm

copy that...

i'm re-starting probably sometime Wednesday...
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm

http://babyjudithsgottago.com/2016/03/1 ... k-him-why/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lmfao

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:36 pm

Thats about how a Frank Miller interview would go in real life... Dude is a fucking loon... a creative genius LOON. Up there with ole George RR Martin..
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 am

PhreakyMex wrote:Thats about how a Frank Miller interview would go in real life... Dude is a fucking loon... a creative genius LOON. Up there with ole George RR Martin..
I'm amazed how many people it took until the very last part, where he pulled out a gun, before they realized it was satire.

RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:43 am

If I ever met Frank Miller, my only question would be: "So that 'The Spirit' movie you directed...what the fuck?"

And naming that website "Baby Judith's Gotta Go" made me LOL pretty hard.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:37 am

More Iron Fist casting...
http://www.avclub.com/article/another-g ... ins-234700" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 pm

So, I skipped over the comments from the last page or so, don't want to spoil anything. I'm up to like Episode 8 or 9, I think. Been binging super hard on this.

Holy fuck, this is like a childhood dream come to life. Finally, a comic book to film adaption that can include multiple heroes and villains and make it all work perfectly.

DC can eat a bag of dicks at this point, this is how you do it.

Perfect casting with Elektra and surprisingly, also with Punisher. The fighting is mind-blowingly good. That scene where Daredevil is going down flights of stairs and whooping the fuck out of people all in one take is legit.

I'll be back once I finish the season.
There is another Skywalker....
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:02 pm

die wrote:So, I skipped over the comments from the last page or so, don't want to spoil anything. I'm up to like Episode 8 or 9, I think. Been binging super hard on this.

Holy fuck, this is like a childhood dream come to life. Finally, a comic book to film adaption that can include multiple heroes and villains and make it all work perfectly.

DC can eat a bag of dicks at this point, this is how you do it.

Perfect casting with Elektra and surprisingly, also with Punisher. The fighting is mind-blowingly good. That scene where Daredevil is going down flights of stairs and whooping the fuck out of people all in one take is legit.

I'll be back once I finish the season.

I finished on Sunday... i'm holding my review until most all ya'll finish. But sir, we are in agreeance on all of the above.. I cant believe how incredibly good this season was.
die

Post by die » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 pm

I finished it up last night, watched the last 3 episodes. Wow, I'm very pleased with this show. I really don't have any huge negatives to bring up about this show, it was pretty solid throughout. If I had anything truly negative to discuss, it would be the potential for next season. I mean, once you've got that many people who know the secret identity of a hero, you really have to add in some people who are clueless to his identity or it just gets to the point where you're like FUCK EVEN WEARING THE MASK AND BEING THE ALTER EGO AT ALL. Also, DD and Elektra fought like 5896869594690446 ninjas this season, it was awesome, but you can't do that all season long again. Some variation in bad guys is definitely needed. I am assuming that the focus is going to be on The Hand for a while to come, so it'd be nice to have some min-bosses within the group rather than just dozens of ninjas all at once. I'd like to see DD go through a Game of Death type of scenario where he has to climb stairs and face a different and unique type of boss on each floor, change up the whole katana/arrow/throwing star routine.

I love that nobody on the show is straight-up bad and they find away to make the viewer identify with everybody on some basic human level, that is very smart. Fisk was a character that I always hated and always felt dated to me, no matter how many times they tried to sell me on him, I was never really sold on him. Fisk was like the Penguin to me, a cartoony, unrealistic looking and acting character. Sure, there were some writers and artists who could make him shine at times. but at his core, he was not a character I identified with on any real level. What they did with him on the show is simply genius. He is a complex and believable character. Something that I completely doubt DC can pull-off with Aquaman on film.

There were so mark-out sessions for me in this season. I almost high-fived myself when DD got his grappling hook Billy club, like for real. Also, I thought the Punisher's armor was genius... having the plates on it going in the shape of a skull. Hell, I don't even think it really needed the skull painted on it after that. Shane surpassed all of my expectations of him as The Punisher.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 pm

die

Post by die » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:58 pm

YES.