Star Trek 3: Into Dirtbikes

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

Star Trek 3: Into Dirtbikes

Post by die » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:41 pm

might as well start talking about this...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64943
There is another Skywalker....
Zytorg777

Re: New Star Trek 3

Post by Zytorg777 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 pm

still too soon to call it imo. Will keep ear to the street.
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

I'm now reminded why I don't read the AICN comment sections. Man, those have to be the most bitter people who ever lived. They hate EVERYTHING.

Anyways...I think I like that they are going after good directors, but it is obviously too soon to making any guesses what direction the series will go.

Keep in mind, the only two Trek movies I didn't see in the theater were "Wrath of Khan" and "Search for Spock" (either my parents were so turned off by "The Motion Picture" they didn't bother with the next two, or were worried the violent content in the previews for "Wrath of Khan" made it look too intense for my 7-year-old eyes), so my ass will be there regardless.
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:26 pm

AICN talkbacks have been bitter troll city for years now, not exactly the place to go to actually discuss movies.

Overall I like the new Trek movies. I do think that Into Darkness tried to reference TWOK way too much sometimes to facepalm worthy results and Spock is too emotional but the rest of it is awesome.

I hope we get more Klingons in 3.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm

The way they stepped all over wrath of khan was fucking stupid.... I will say that cumbersnatchKhan = more evil than montalbanKhan. the giant starship piloted by old wrinkly robocop was cool as shit... i wish they hadnt trashed it... The whole subplot of trying to start a war with the Klingons needs to be expanded on in 3.. emo Spock is indeed stupid..

All that being said i still give this movie a 8.5 out of 10

Now onto the topic at hand.. I hope that in 3 like i said they have a all out brawl with the Klingons, I hope we start seeing more starships, it cant be all about the enterprise, transwarp beaming should be fucking outlawed, and please for the love of all that is fucking holy, make the engineering rooms more understandable.

As far as a director.. dude has to have a little bit of a sci fi bent to him..
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:30 pm

:lol:

I like Quinto as Spock, I just don't like the way they make him so emotional. It's lame to try to be like the old Trek and keep referencing how he's so Vulcan and robotic when the new Spock really isn't.

I mean, the dude has a girlfriend. :lol:

That's ultimately where the new Trek movies hit rough seas... they try to be different than the original series but at the same time they work too hard to reference it. There should come a point where they realize you can't please both the old and new fans like this.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 pm

and the fact that Quinto is gay makes the whole he has a GF in the movie bit that much funnier...
die

Post by die » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I didn't even know he was gay in RL. :lol:

Spock loves the cock....

illogical.
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 pm

die wrote:That's ultimately where the new Trek movies hit rough seas... they try to be different than the original series but at the same time they work too hard to reference it. There should come a point where they realize you can't please both the old and new fans like this.
This

I thought J. J. Abrams did a pretty good job in the first film showing "well this is a different time line than the old movies, so we have way more freedom now" but the last Star Trek didn't take advantage of it. Loading people into torpedoes was a dumb concept, and there were a few eye rolling moments, but I enjoyed the last Star Trek. That being said I hope this one isn't about finding the last whale in the 1980s or some shit.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 am

die wrote: I hope we get more Klingons in 3.
This.

The Klingons in "Into Darkness" rocked hard.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 pm

Captain Kirk vs. The Borg.

Make it so, Paramount.
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:19 pm

agree with robo. also I want that starfleet tat :lol:
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57 pm

If they put the Borg in there my mind will be blown.
die

Post by die » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:43 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69037

Kirk in! Shatner is indeed appearing in STAR TREK 3!

20 years ago, STAR TREK GENERATIONS showed that Captain James Tiberius Kirk got sucked into a ribbon of energy called the Nexus where he lived out the rest of his days, before briefly helping Jean-Luc Picard and dying in the process.

Now despite this seemingly definitive ending of the William Shatner Kirk, fandom has never quite been satisfied with that conclusion, and there have been continual efforts to bring the character back. You may remember that Shatner-as-Kirk was supposed to appear as a hologram in J.J.'s first STAR TREK, singing Happy Birthday to "Spock Prime" back when he was alive.

Maybe appearing on a hologram could've masked the two-decade age gap between Kirk at the time of his disappearance and Shatner's current age, but I'm curious to see how they handle the lapse of time now that it's been confirmed that he'll be reprising the role that made him a star in Roberto Orci's STAR TREK 3.

I'm baaaaccckk!!!
— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) October 7, 2014

The rumor that Shatner would be appearing alongside old pal Nimoy in the J.J. Trek-verse has been kicking around for a couple of weeks. There's been a healthy amount of skepticism to its veracity, mostly due to the fact that, yes, in TREK canon, Kirk dies long before he looks like modern-day William Shatner.

However, word on the street is that Shatner will be sharing screentime with Chris Pine, prompting the notion that Shatner won't be playing the Kirk we know and love but rather the older version of Pine's fatherless alt-universe James Kirk. Our own Harry told me he believes that to be the case, and it certainly would be a plausible way to get 83-year-old Shatner back in the Starfleet duds. Nimoy's return would also allegedly be as the older version of Quinto's Spock, rather than the older "Spock Prime" of TOS and the last two entries.

If he does appear, it will probably only be for a scene, but still, having Shatner return as Captain Kirk after two decades AND to personally pass the torch off to New Jack Kirk gives Orci-TREK a much-needed momentum boost.

Holy shit. :atch:

If you guys have not watched Red Letter Media's breakdowns of the Next Generation movies and the JJ Abram's reboots, just know that it is must-see TV. Trust me.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:07 am

die wrote:If you guys have not watched Red Letter Media's breakdowns of the Next Generation movies and the JJ Abram's reboots, just know that it is must-see TV. Trust me.
That guy's voice sounds like Lennie from "Of Mice and Men" ready a Ph.D. dissertation.