BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
die

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN V EVERY DC CHARACTER EVER

Post by die » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:43 am

Imagine being at the round table discussion about making this movie where somebody says ERMAHZAWD LET'S MAKE AQUAMAN'S SCALY SUIT INTO BADASS BIKER TATTOOS

SO GONE RITE NOWS, BROS
There is another Skywalker....
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:48 am

die wrote: I could think of a better movie than what we got in like 5 minutes...

First off, like Repo said, Cranston was everybody's logical choice for Lex. He would've been perfect. I'd have no problem with Jesse Eisenberg being Young Lex and giving him a side role as Lex's smart ass hipster son, it could work perfectly. Also, fuck the whole plot of Superman tearing up Wayne's office in Metropolis... Try this: Batman doesn't trust Superman because he murdered Zod. There's ALL the motivation that you need, right there. No matter how much good Superman does, no matter how many lives he saves, he murdered somebody. So, let's say Wanye Industries goes into a joint venture with Lexcorp. Superman knows Wayne is Batman, of course he does, but Supes had no reason to not trust Batman until now (because of the deal with Lex). So now you have Batman and Superman at odds, not trusting each other. Now, Wayne would work with Lex because Lex built a mechsuit (powered by Kryptonite, perhaps???) and Batman needs to build a suit to face Supes eventually, one day...just in case, you know.

This is where you could have Supes confront Batman, rip the canopy off of the Batmobile and bring up the Lex shit... well, of course Batman has to conceal the truth because he's looking for a way to beat Superman. So, Batman changes the topic to the murder of Zod, to which Superman becomes somewhat emotional, because hey, he did have to kill somebody and yes, he struggles with that (well, not in Snyder's BvS, but come on, right?)

Again, throw in 1 or 2 small sequences with Bruce Wayne, but don't make him James Bond for 65% of the movie and stupid shit like that, right??????

So, what's Lex's motivation? The REAL Lex, Cranston??? Instead of the nergasm-enducing pointless dream sequences, have Superman not trusting Lex and shutting down a ton of Lex's operations for being criminal activity. Really make Superman a thorn in Lex's side. You could even have Lex with some terminal illness and onto a cure that involves Kryptonian technology or something (which would be a nice nod to Breaking Bad, of course). Also, I don't think Superman would allow the alien ship to just stay in the city like that, that is stupid. So, let's say Supes moves the ship to the Fortress of Solitude (instead of building rock castles in dreams with Mr. Brooks). So, Lex's quest could be for the ship and ultimately the body of Zod.

So, let's say Lex uses the mechsuit and finds & retrieves Zod's body... he then launches Zod's body in a capsule into the sun. Let's say he's able to do all of this because Batman has reached his goal and put together his suit and confronted Superman. so you got Bats VS Supes happening and then a BOOM. Luthor has brought Zod himself back to life by using the power of the sun and Lexcorp tech. So now, 2 things happen... Batman and Supes have to quit fighting and battle Lex and Zod, right? Plus, also Superman isn't a murderer anymore and Batman realizes that he underestimated Lex and made a mistake. So, they had a solid reason to fight and a solid reason to team up. Then you have Batman in his armor fighting Lex in his mechsuit while Superman has to face a recharged Zod.

If you wanted to include any other Justice League members, you could have an earlier scene where Batman approaches Wonder Woman for help if Superman ever becomes a serious threat and maybe she says she isn't getting involved and wants to remain hidden. You could have her show up during the end battle and save the day against Zod. Also, I think Flash would work if you hinted that he is time travelling and trying to warn Batman about Doomsday. Perhaps have Flash show up in "flashes" and reflections, etc... real subtle, ya know? Maybe have Batman think that "Doomsday" means a nuclear war or something catastrophic rather than an actual "being".

Once Zod got reanimated, you could have a subtle scene where the alien ship sends out a signal... so later, when Zod is defeated you could have a scene of Doomsday arriving in the containment suit and set up the next film.

give me some money.
Icing on the cake: we could've called it Breaking Bat.
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:08 pm

When he can't beat Batman and Superman by himself, BETTER CALL ZOD

that just happened.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:38 am

SoVi3t wrote:Batman V Superman V Zodsday possible new thread title. Got damn I can't not call him that now.
I was thinking about "Batman V Superman V Movie Critics."
die

Re: KNEEL BEFORE ZODSDAY

Post by die » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:36 am

Batman V Superman: Done an Injustice
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:42 am

Batman V Superman: Dawn of...man, fuck this
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:43 am

Batfleck V Superbrit: Dawn of Adjustment
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Batman V Superman: Just Stop

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:48 pm

winner winner chicken dinner
RobotJerk

Re: BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:56 pm

lionheart

Post by lionheart » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Saw it this weekend. I understand some criticism, but also think a lot of the criticism is WILDLY overstated. Big picture, it was a good movie that was too long and missed on a few notes.

The main characters are well cast. Both Affleck and Cavill are outstanding in their "civilian" roles, and the new, darker Batman is much more fun. I enjoyed him tossing the whole murder code out the window for this.

Wonder Woman was great. Super hot, more clever than I expected. Her appearance in the Zodsday fight was probably the coolest shot, definitely the best musical piece.

Eisenberg wasn't great. He also wasn't the unmitigated disaster I was forewarned of. Some of his character flaws - lack of focus and forethought - were clearly constructed by the Writers' collective vision. Given that he was such a scatterbrain, having Cranston wouldn't have made sense.

Also, it just doesn't seem plausible that they could have landed Bryan Cranston for Lex. I look at Jeff Bridges - an accomplished actor - and saw him play an embarrassing role in Iron Man, which he probably regrets. How could Cranston follow up critically adored work with something as risky as this?

Doomsday was the low point for me. Because he was so fucking enormous, he became overly cartoonish. It reminded me of Sandman in the Spiderman movie, where he just has infinite size and is too absurdly possible to make sense. I worry about this type of constant enemy scaling as a problem for the next movie with Darkseid, as well as the XMen movie with Apocalypse.

So I'll be the minority voice saying that while I understand it didn't meet expectations, it wasn't a pile of shit, either.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:17 pm

I enjoyed him tossing the whole murder code out the window for this.
Yeah, but if Batman just goes around murdering people then he is The Punisher. :lol:

Imagine the flipside of that, if they made a Punisher movie where he didn't kill anybody.
Also, it just doesn't seem plausible that they could have landed Bryan Cranston for Lex. I look at Jeff Bridges - an accomplished actor - and saw him play an embarrassing role in Iron Man, which he probably regrets. How could Cranston follow up critically adored work with something as risky as this?
I don't think Jeff Bridges was amazing in Iron Man or anything, but it's clearly not the embarrassing role that Jesse as Eisenberg as Max Landis as Joker as Lex Luthor clearly is. :lol:

Besides, considering Cranston as Lex would mean as ACTUAL LEX LUTHOR, not the hipster son take that BvS had. This could improve the script in leaps and bounds.

Cranston did Godzilla, so I'm sure he'd at least very, very strongly consider the role.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:32 am

Doesn't the Batman from the Frank Miller Dark Knight Comics kill people? I'm not a huge comics guy so I could be wrong, but thought there have been iterations where he didn't have the "no-kill" code. The Punisher, to my knowledge, has always been willing to kill.

I didn't hate Eisenberg as much as you and others seem to. Looking at how the character was written and cast, Eisenberg sort of had to play him as spastic and possibly schizophrenic/delusional. If you hate the character, I'd put all the blame on casting/writing, since Eisenberg is a square peg if you want the debonair, adult puppeteer Lex it seems you envision for Cranston.

Whether or not he would have taken the role is a fruitless argument; I suppose for enough cash he'd probably play LeBron James in an autobiography (as would Meryl Streep or anyone else). The movie might have been better with that direction, but I still really enjoyed the movie as it was produced as a whole.

I'd concede the movie is far from perfect, but I certainly felt a long way from being shortchanged.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
cYnical

Post by cYnical » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:27 am

lionheart wrote:Doesn't the Batman from the Frank Miller Dark Knight Comics kill people? I'm not a huge comics guy so I could be wrong, but thought there have been iterations where he didn't have the "no-kill" code.
Yes. He shoots a goon in the face in TDKR.
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:28 pm

for Lex: I just want to see a diabolical businessman who hates Superman and is a serious threat to him because he is so clever and resourceful. What I don't want to see as Lex is the guy at the coffee shop who won't stut-up about some shitty book/band/writer you never heard of.

^ I saw this the other day at TRU.

I mean, this may be the best picture to sum it all up.

or kids could play with this...

with fists for punching NOBODY.

Also, if you're gonna have Batman murdering people in this, shouldn't it make things harder when it comes to putting the Justice League together unless everybody else is cool with murder? I mean, shouldn't Superman have just taken Batman into custody for MURDER? I mean, he stops everybody else from doing it. I just don't see how you can have a movie like this and not address it on some level.

If he's throwing the NO KILL rule out, this movie makes even less sense.