BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
lionheart

Re: BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

Post by lionheart » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 pm

die wrote:

Also, if you're gonna have Batman murdering people in this, shouldn't it make things harder when it comes to putting the Justice League together unless everybody else is cool with murder? I mean, shouldn't Superman have just taken Batman into custody for MURDER? I mean, he stops everybody else from doing it. I just don't see how you can have a movie like this and not address it on some level.

If he's throwing the NO KILL rule out, this movie makes even less sense.
Who else is not okay with Batman killing people to save innocents?
  • Superman killed thousands to save the earth in Man of Steel
  • Wonder Woman was a big part of WWI, so no way she didn't kill a bunch of fucking krauts.
  • The Flash would kill anything if he hit it at full speed and, you know, physics.
  • Cyborg I don't know shit about
  • Aquaman definitely has some fish-fuckery in his past, and he's Khal Drogo, so he's not about to say shit to anyone about any bad deeds.
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:50 pm

lionheart wrote:Aquaman definitely has some fish-fuckery in his past, and he's Khal Drogo, so he's not about to say shit to anyone about any bad deeds.
I thought we had deemed him Aqua Roman Reigns...
SoVi3t

Post by SoVi3t » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:04 pm

I'd be horrified to live in a world where the Justice League was uniting. Right now, they're nothing more than a collection of killers. People are scared that Superman can destroy cities and kill dudes? Now you have a whole team of guys who so far haven't really cared if they kill people. I'd be terrified that Batman or Superman was gonna kill me from the sky, the moment I missed throwing some trash into a garbage bin.

Zytorg's mother sucks my dick for bus fare then walks home
die

Post by die » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Kinda makes Suicide Squad look more like The Spirit Squad right about now, doesn't it?

Dolph Ziggler is my Harley Quinn.
There is another Skywalker....
die

Post by die » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:40 pm

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/M ... 460907851/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris Rock... He's not the Jimmy Olsen we deserve, but he's the Jimmy Olsen that we almost got.

[/callback]
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun May 08, 2016 6:19 am

PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Flagellating on an expired equine... but that last line.. hits the note:
DAVE GIBBONS - CO CREATOR OF THE WATCHMEN AND WRITER OF BATMAN/SUPERMAN WORLDS FINEST -
But I feel what DC has done particularly with the Superman vs. Batman movie is they really have taken a misstep on it. I mean, I wrote a comic book called 'World's Finest', which was Superman vs. Batman, and what I homed in, and I am not saying this is the only take, but it might have helped, was you have Batman who is a dark hidden creature who lives in a dark evil city whose antagonist is a brightly colored clown. You got Superman who is a brightly colored figure, the yang if you like to Batman's yin, he lives in a bright hopeful city, but with a villain, an opponent, who is a dark grey scheming business man. So the whole universe's are completely complimentary. When I wrote my story, I got a lot of mileage out of crossing those over, and it turned out Luthor went to Gotham, and the Joker went to Metropolis, and the Joker wanted to black out Metropolis, and Luthor wanted to set Gotham on fire. So to me if you are doing Superman vs. Batman, the first thing, which is implied by the "vs," is there has to be a difference, and I think where the latest film suffered was because they were both these dark opaque angsty creatures.
PhreakyMex

Post by PhreakyMex » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:41 pm

So this came out...

And just that minute and a half looks better than the movie..

Also, Jena Malone = Cat Grant... not fucking Batgirl like the fanboi's wanted...
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:09 am

PhreakyMex wrote:So this came out...

And just that minute and a half looks better than the movie..

Also, Jena Malone = Cat Grant... not fucking Batgirl like the fanboi's wanted...
I will definitely want to see this, but I am not sure if the problem with Batman Vs. Superman was that it wasn't long enough.

One of the things I thought about the theatrical version of this film was that *somewhere* in that convoluted mess there could have been a good movie if the right stuff had been removed. And now we're ADDING subplots? Maybe between the two versions, someone can make a version that doesn't feel like someone was inserting every random plot idea they ever had into one movie.

My problem with Jena Malone as Cat Grant is that there's a TV show where Ally McBeal is Cat Grant and this just highlights how shitty that show's casting choices are. Also, it highlights the fact that Jena Malone isn't my girlfriend, which to me is the greatesr injustice of all.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:43 am

The more I go over what went wrong with this movie, the more I think they were SO CLOSE to something good, but fucked it up by overstuffing it.

Just using the existing material they probably could have re-edited this with some minor reshoots and taken out all the stuff that didn't work. Like, maybe it would have been better if they'd not revealed Luthor until the last scene, and only then revealed he was the one pushing Batman's buttons. And then we'd know Luthor was still out there and we wouldn't have had to dwell on decyphering Luthor's motivations for 2 hours. And without Luthor, we could also just skip the Senate and Doomsday stuff altogether.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:41 am

RobotJerk wrote: I will definitely want to see this, but I am not sure if the problem with Batman Vs. Superman was that it wasn't long enough.

One of the things I thought about the theatrical version of this film was that *somewhere* in that convoluted mess there could have been a good movie if the right stuff had been removed. And now we're ADDING subplots? Maybe between the two versions, someone can make a version that doesn't feel like someone was inserting every random plot idea they ever had into one movie.

My problem with Jena Malone as Cat Grant is that there's a TV show where Ally McBeal is Cat Grant and this just highlights how shitty that show's casting choices are. Also, it highlights the fact that Jena Malone isn't my girlfriend, which to me is the greatesr injustice of all.
Do we know for sure that this is absolutely longer, and that shit hasn't been cut out?

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but adding some stuff doesn't mean they can't get rid of other elements. I think Eisenberg could have been good, but he didn't fit in the movie at all with that dark tone. Doomsday was an epic boss that appeared too quickly and lingered too long. The Senate was stupid.

Snyder has proven himself a really inconsistent director, maybe even a one-trick pony who can create an epic dark feel and that's it.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 pm

lionheart wrote: Do we know for sure that this is absolutely longer, and that shit hasn't been cut out?
Amazon.com is listing the run time as 182 minutes.
lionheart

Post by lionheart » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:19 am

RobotJerk wrote:
Amazon.com is listing the run time as 182 minutes.
Yuck. I feel like Snyder is so overrated he's stepped into M Night territory.
die

Post by die » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:38 pm

There is no "decent movie" hidden in this, there really is no way to fix it or spruce it up. It's just got way too much wrong with it.

Lex jr alone already sinks this film.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:54 pm

DC/Warner seems to have had a few changes of heart concerning the Justice League movie:
http://www.avclub.com/article/justice-l ... go--238532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Set visit report and plot details:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/on-the-set-of-ju ... 1782290344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;