BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

My only wish is that TBS becomes the "Roadhouse" channel... then the circle will be complete
PhreakyMex

BATMAN bin SUPARMAN: DAWN OF JUST STOP

Post by PhreakyMex » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Batman/Superman movie finally a reality

"I want you to remember Clark in all the years to come. In all your private moments. In all the years to come, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember, the one man who beat you."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=83754
RobotJerk

Re: Batman/Superman coming..

Post by RobotJerk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:50 am

Hollywood Reporter is saying they wanna release Batman/Superman in 2015, the Flash in 2016, and Justice League in 2017.

Obviously I'm for this except I hope they make a new Batman movie first.

I'd be worried if they don't establish a rebooted Batman in his own movie before putting him in someone else's, there's a chance people will be like "some guy dressed like Batman is gonna be in 'Man of Steel 2'" and not care as much.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vis ... mic-589521
die

Post by die » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:53 am

They could play poker.
There is another Skywalker....
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:22 am

Using the Dark Knight quote bothers me. That works because it was a final battle where the kid's gloves were off and one of them had to "die". So I don't see it working for the first meeting where there's no gravitas to draw from. But this is Zach Snyder we're talking about.

I disagree about there needing to be another Batman movie first, though. Everybody knows Batman; where he comes from, who he is, what he does. No introduction is necessary. They could make Batman movies every two or three years from now through forever without a origin flick and just have them feature different situations. Hell, they could have been doing this already if they'd grow a fucking brain cell or two and quit killing off their best villains every time. You have to work mighty hard to fuck up Batman, which is the only reason Joel Schumacher will be remembered in any capacity in thirty years...
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 am

2019 when they finally make a Super Friends movie.

Then they can cast Paul Walker as Aquaman, Van Wilder as Superman, Mark Walhberg as Batman, and Justin Bieber as Robin. And just throw Johnny Depp in as whatever bad guy you want.

I'm personally hate this Batman every few years concept with a different actor. It'll take an AMAZING movie to make me forget Christian Bale as Batman.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
Shwiggie

Post by Shwiggie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Hopefully there'll be a better selection by that time.

I don't care for a whole new team every time, but they could look at it more like a serial than just trilogies. I guess they're worried about stagnation, but you beat that by making good movies, which is the roadblock they keep hitting with the rest of the DCU. Disney thinks they can do it with Star Wars. I guess the rest of the industry is watching to see if it works
Robert Paulson

Post by Robert Paulson » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 pm

When they get the amount of talent that they had in the new Batman you can't expect them to be around for a serial. I guess that those extras like Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, or Morgan Freeman are expendable at the end of the day, but if their deaths aren't story driven the fans will see it as contrived. And Christian Bale's star has risen considerably since the start of the movies, so why would he stick around if the scripts get like they did with Dark Knight Rises.

I think that was one of the things they did right with the last to Superman movies, get no names to play both Lois and Clark, if the movies take off those people would be proud to take franchise (Harry Potter Style).

At the same time I'd much rather have a great 3 movie series and not have another re-make of it for 20 more years, than an okay movie every 3-4.

"I don't make promises, I make threats" - Some yelling black lady
cYnical wrote:The philosophical suggestion that pain don't hurt caused a paradigm shift in my life that I'm still not sure I've fully recovered from.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:46 am

Robert Paulson wrote:It'll take an AMAZING movie to make me forget Christian Bale as Batman.
This.
die

Post by die » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Shwiggie wrote:Using the Dark Knight quote bothers me. That works because it was a final battle where the kid's gloves were off and one of them had to "die". So I don't see it working for the first meeting where there's no gravitas to draw from. But this is Zach Snyder we're talking about.

I agree with this ^

Dark Knight Rises was shit.... I hope everybody realizes that now. I mean, they made so many fucking rookie mistakes in that film that who cares about addressing the major plot holes?
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Christian Bale will always be American psycho to me...
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
die

Post by die » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Agreed. That is the best role he will ever play ever.
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:35 am

die wrote: Dark Knight Rises was shit.... I hope everybody realizes that now. I mean, they made so many fucking rookie mistakes in that film that who cares about addressing the major plot holes?
THIS IS WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE.
die

Post by die » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 pm

RobotJerk wrote:
die wrote: Dark Knight Rises was shit.... I hope everybody realizes that now. I mean, they made so many fucking rookie mistakes in that film that who cares about addressing the major plot holes?

Classic Rock?
Zytorg777

Post by Zytorg777 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:49 pm

A queer? :lmao:
"Getting that sincere heel heat from 40 year old virgins since 2009 because of my bachelors degree with honors"
RobotJerk

Post by RobotJerk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:29 am

die wrote:
RobotJerk wrote:

Classic Rock?
Well (record) played.